ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

filling AN naturalization, I need help please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spike_UK

filling AN naturalization, I need help please!

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 am

Hi guys, good to be back, I hope you all are doing good. I haven't been on this forum for ages and it seems it has changed the layout less my eyes not good anymore! lol
In advance I want to thank you for taking your time reading my post and trying to help me and rest of the forum, I do apologize for the long writing post but I do need your help. thanks
I soon I have to apply for Naturalization and I have few question if you could help me out please:
First: Section 1.2 Current Passport /Travel Docs,,,, I only have international (Iraqi) passport. Do I have to send that, if is optional I rather not.

Second: Section 1.31 Asking about partner! well I was married to EEA national but now we are separated and submit divorce but not concluded yet! same section 1.37 asking for PREVIOUS husband/wife. should I just fill 1.37 (previous wife)?

Third: Section 2.1 Date and Place of first arrival in the UK? well I came to UK in 2003 as an asylum but got refused, I got married in 2008 and my first state was Resident Card(5 years) on June 2014.,,,,, so what date should I put on application please?
Section 2.4 If you are a family member of EEA national? well I was but as we are separated and going through divorce I guess I'm not anymore and that is not applicable, am I right? I now hold Permanent Resident Card.

Fourth: Section 3 A good character, 3.1 What is your occupation? I'm not working at the moment and I'm signed of by a doctor/got ESA benefit. Would that affect my application?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: filling AN naturalization, I need help please!

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 am

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, good to be back, I hope you all are doing good. I haven't been on this forum for ages and it seems it has changed the layout less my eyes not good anymore! lol
In advance I want to thank you for taking your time reading my post and trying to help me and rest of the forum, I do apologize for the long writing post but I do need your help. thanks
I soon I have to apply for Naturalization and I have few question if you could help me out please:
First: Section 1.2 Current Passport /Travel Docs,,,, I only have international (Iraqi) passport. Do I have to send that, if is optional I rather not.

Second: Section 1.31 Asking about partner! well I was married to EEA national but now we are separated and submit divorce but not concluded yet! same section 1.37 asking for PREVIOUS husband/wife. should I just fill 1.37 (previous wife)?

Third: Section 2.1 Date and Place of first arrival in the UK? well I came to UK in 2003 as an asylum but got refused, I got married in 2008 and my first state was Resident Card(5 years) on June 2014.,,,,, so what date should I put on application please?
Section 2.4 If you are a family member of EEA national? well I was but as we are separated and going through divorce I guess I'm not anymore and that is not applicable, am I right? I now hold Permanent Resident Card.

Fourth: Section 3 A good character, 3.1 What is your occupation? I'm not working at the moment and I'm signed of by a doctor/got ESA benefit. Would that affect my application?
Yes you have to send passport, your own, wifes' too if you're applying as a spouse.

If you are seperated, that's not divorce, that's seperation. She is still legally your wife whether you both like each other or not. To be divorced you have to possess and send a decree absolute.

I'm not sure what you put in the date and place of arrival, someone else might be able to say on that. Nevertheless if you want my personal opinion, even if you didn't have a status back then, as soon as you set foot in uk, that's the day you arrived. That's my opinion.

I think you still are a family member of EEA national unless you have a decree absolute, properly divorced.

Being on ESA and not having work should not affect anything.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 am

sh1981 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, good to be back, I hope you all are doing good. I haven't been on this forum for ages and it seems it has changed the layout less my eyes not good anymore! lol

Yes you have to send passport, your own, wifes' too if you're applying as a spouse.

If you are seperated, that's not divorce, that's seperation. She is still legally your wife whether you both like each other or not. To be divorced you have to possess and send a decree absolute.

I'm not sure what you put in the date and place of arrival, someone else might be able to say on that. Nevertheless if you want my personal opinion, even if you didn't have a status back then, as soon as you set foot in uk, that's the day you arrived. That's my opinion.

I think you still are a family member of EEA national unless you have a decree absolute, properly divorced.

sh1981 thanks for reply,
So just to clear things, I have Permanent Resident which it doesn't say family member of EEA as we don't rely on EEA partner once we get PR, unlikely Resident Card( you are still family member of EEA national and rely on them). so how do I apply for it? Am I applying based on a family member of EEA national and also send her passport too! We don't even live together or contact much!!!
Can you please help, many thanks
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:21 am

spike_UK wrote:
sh1981 wrote:

sh1981 thanks for reply,
So just to clear things, I have Permanent Resident which it doesn't say family member of EEA as we don't rely on EEA partner once we get PR, unlikely Resident Card( you are still family member of EEA national and rely on them). so how do I apply for it? Am I applying based on a family member of EEA national and also send her passport too! We don't even live together or contact much!!!
Can you please help, many thanks
How would you manage to send her passport with your application if you don't even live together?
---

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:28 am

I won't manage and that is my point! how can homeoffice expect me or want me to send her passport!! so I'm applying based on my PR. What do I need to do?
PR dated 05/03/2013

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:34 am

spike_UK wrote:I won't manage and that is my point! how can homeoffice expect me or want me to send her passport!! so I'm applying based on my PR. What do I need to do?
I'm not sure man I think theres a different form if you want to apply on your own accord, wait for someone else to reply. You need to be in UK for 5 years I think.
---

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 am

Can someone help please.
PR dated 05/03/2013