ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Interview - Preparation + Docs to take

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fingerscrossed123

British Passport Interview - Preparation + Docs to take

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:33 am

Hi All,

I have my passport interview soon. Other than the letter confiriming my appointment time and reference number, do I need to take anything else with me? Do I need to take any ID or anything? I think when I booked my interview they said I didn't need to take anything other than the letter.

Also, to prepare I am just planning to reread my British Citizenship and Passport Applications to make sure everything is fresh in my mind. I've read through the example questions on this board too. Is there anything else I should do?

Your thoughts and comments are very welcome. Thank you for your help!

VR

Re: British Passport Interview - Preparation + Docs to take

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:12 pm

fingerscrossed123,

Before you go for the Interview this is one important thing you should take.
'' a full pint of mulled wine, to keep you fresh and clear to answer the MI5 Interrogation'' :D

Jokes apart the passport interview is just to ensure the passport is being handed over to the correct person.
The questions they ask are based on the data you have put in your application
Like Fathers Date of birth, Mothers' date of Birth, Wife's date of Birth, how did you apply for the passport?
When did you get your Certificate of naturalisation? Which bank accounts you have? The date your parents married? Then generic questions where do you work?

If you want to give my wine suggestion a miss I suggest you take a Mars Bar or a Kit Kat!! :lol: At the end of it you treat your juices for all stress you have been through and for crossing the finish line!!
cheers
vr

The guy asked me where do I live? What kind of a house is it? Maybe if you have a moustache and beard you will be asked for the names of all the wifes LOL!!

NOTHING ELSE NEEDED!
Last edited by VR on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:25 pm

fingerscrossed123

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:23 pm

VR - haha, the strongest thing I will have before hand is a cup of tea!

ban.s - thanks for the link!

Also, by the way, called the appointment line people and they confirmed that the only thing I need to bring to the interview is my letter with my reference number.

Thank you!