ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Manci...SOC Code-2231-Your thoughts..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smiles345
Member of Standing

Manci...SOC Code-2231-Your thoughts..

Post by smiles345 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:00 am

My cousin sister has been offered Tier-2 COS as Band 3 Nurse , who is Nurse back home and completed degree in UK successfully. although her salary will £16200 and code of practice says the points will be awarded based on follwoing -:

Note: Nurses who enter Tier 2 can be paid at the Band 3 rate until they achieve full Nursing and
Midwifery Council registration, even though this is below the minimum Tier 2 (General) threshold of
£20,300. They must be sponsored to do a job as a fully qualified nurse and be paid Band 5 rate on
achieving full registration.

Nursing and midwifery is the regulated body for nurses and they require IELTS 7 in each module [acadamic] in order to get enrolled in to .
But the code of practice doesnt says any time frame of achieving the registration, if she works as Band 3 nurse for three years ,can she/employer extend further for three years as Band 3 Nurse? Can the employer says they require more time and needed further extension? really would like your thoughts on that please.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Re: Manci...SOC Code-2231-Your thoughts..

Post by smiles345 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Manci.. your thoughts highly appreciated..

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Manci,sorry , really grateful if you can answer the question please. Do the Band3 nurse really require to complete the in 9 months time as it was on the SOC 2010. But that clause no longer there on SOC code 2013. Is the SOC 2013 repeatation of SOC 2010.please advisw

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 pm

I don't know any more than what is in SOC 2010 and the T2 policy guidance - perhaps a nursing organisation can provide further clarification

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks for your kind reply manci. in SOC code 2010 it state people who are on supervised practice [Band 3 ] require to complete the training programme in 9months time else their leave will be curtailed. but SOC 2013 it doesnt states that . Do we follow what ti states in SOC 2013 , is the SOC code 2013 repetition of SOC 2010. her friends got visa for 3 years and do they curtail leave after 9months etcc. thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:28 pm

the current (Oct 13) T2 guidance is silent about any time limit for obtaining full NMC registration. See p 48/49:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks Manci for your reply. but the appendix J introduction is soo confusing. in SOC 2010 it cleary says 9 months time frame. Could you please interpret the below.. Thanks

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

kamroz
Newly Registered

Post by kamroz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Hello
I need an advise that I got an offer from employer regarding band 3 supervised nurse sponsorship Tier 2 COS. I am nurse from back home and did bsc in nursing studies top up program level 6 from one of the University in UK, I have gone through UKBA codes of practice Pg:59-60

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf

Note: Nurses who enter Tier 2 can be paid at the Band 3 rate until they achieve full Nursing and Midwifery Council registration, even though this is below the minimum Tier 2 (General) threshold of £20,500. They must be sponsored to do a job as a fully qualified nurse and be paid Band 5 rate on achieving full registration.

I am confused on the above mentioned statement, that weather should I have IELTS desired score for NMC registration that is 7 bands In all section to apply for band 3 supervised nurse sponsorship visa Tier 2 or it doesn't matter , AS THE EMPLOYER CHARGING ME COST FOR COS(certificate of sponsorship) TIER 2. I am not able to decide weather should I trust the employer or not.

Looking forward to URGENT advice and help

Many Thanks.

kamroz
Newly Registered

Post by kamroz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:23 pm

kamroz wrote:Hello
I need an advise that I got an offer from employer regarding band 3 supervised nurse sponsorship Tier 2 COS. I am nurse from back home and did bsc in nursing studies top up program level 6 from one of the University in UK, I have gone through UKBA codes of practice Pg:59-60

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf

Note: Nurses who enter Tier 2 can be paid at the Band 3 rate until they achieve full Nursing and Midwifery Council registration, even though this is below the minimum Tier 2 (General) threshold of £20,500. They must be sponsored to do a job as a fully qualified nurse and be paid Band 5 rate on achieving full registration.

I am confused on the above mentioned statement, that weather should I have IELTS desired score for NMC registration that is 7 bands In all section to apply for band 3 supervised nurse sponsorship visa Tier 2 or it doesn't matter , AS THE EMPLOYER CHARGING ME COST FOR COS(certificate of sponsorship) TIER 2. I am not able to decide weather should I trust the employer or not.

Looking forward to URGENT advice and help

Many Thanks.