ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shockin refusal of PR (EEA FAMILY MEMBER)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:44 pm

If you get to a UK border and can prove entitlement, you would be admitted. You may struggle to get to a border if a carrier refuses passage.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 am

If i travel to latvia by car i can get back to uk border @ dover. Do i use the same docs (marraige cert, rebtal and bills etc..) with my wife. What are the chances.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

If you get to argue your case at a border, you should be admitted.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm

It seems more sensible for OP to get the Residence issue resolved, before embarking on an holiday.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

They refused to issue you a PR card. The PR came automatically if you qualified.

You have a right to travel if you wish. But take the required documents. Read carefully through http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Mm thats an interesting article thanks. I will strongly consider that

Grazia
Newly Registered

Re: Shockin refusal of PR (EEA FAMILY MEMBER)

Post by Grazia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi nemerkh, just was wondering how did your case culminate. Could you please post update as I'm in similar situation and it could be helpful. Many thanks.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 am

Hello mate. Sorry i have posted somewhere else.
Basically appeal was refused on the basis of not enough self employment evidence. We didnt really want to proceed with higher tribunal. Therefore we reapplied for another eea1/2 on the basis of self sufficiency (we did a CSI once we got the PR refusal) And i have to say we got the permit in 6 weeks for another 5 yrs.

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 am

nemerkh wrote:Hello guys. Still feeling sick from the letter i got today. Refusal of PR. also stating: make preparations to leave the country!!!
Lebanese national married to a latvian citizen (no EU restrictions). Wife is self employed and am a doctor with a decent salary. We have been here for around 6 yrs we have two Uk born children. Submitted our EEA3 & 4 appsa 8 months ago. UKBA disnt send us a confirmation of app but nothing after. Reason of refusal is insufficient evidence to proof exercising Eu treaty rights.
Seeing my silicitor soon for an appeal package.
I have to say this is demeening. I feel like shit. We have been nothing but good citizens in the uk with no convictions or benefits!!!

I know people way worse than we are who have a british passport now.

Question is, for us we were applying for a cnfirmation of pr, do they have the roght to deport me?? My whole life is here. We have bills to pay schools to attend a career..a life!!! If i leave now means breaking my contract woth my hospital ... My God!!! Am in total panic. Obviously lawyer aaid we have to appeal and i can still work till decision of judge.

Has anyone had this? I mean refusal for EU people does this happen?? What happens now?? What to do and what are the chances ?

PLEASE HELP!
what was self-employed document you apply with?
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:21 pm

All we privided was NI contributions frankly. So we actually didnt have enough evidence.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:05 pm

nemerkh wrote:All we privided was NI contributions frankly. So we actually didnt have enough evidence.
Why do you think NI contributions are not good enough evidence?

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Personally i think they are good enough. In the end if the revenue and customs institution say you are self employed, then you are self employed. HO argument was that we didnt provide enough evindence. Stating business statement and receipts. Most importantly apparently you need to show that you have a minimum 70£ income so that they consider your business economically "active". There you go.