ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview - my experience

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fingerscrossed123

Passport Interview - my experience

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

Hi All,

Thought I'd share this information. Hope it helps!

Passport Interview:

The interviewer explained the purpose was to verify my identity and stop identity fraud. They were very nice and friendly and put me at ease straight away.

Full name
Spelling of name
DOB
Occupation, how long worked at current job?
Describe where you live - is it a flat/house etc
Describe what your home is like, does it have a garden etc?
Previous address
How many siblings do you have?
Where do your immediate family members live (parents, siblings)?
Name of referee, their occupation, age
Bank accounts held
How I got to the interview (transport used)
How I made the passport application and documentation supplied
(Other questions but I don't remember them all - all basic questions about myself, nothing that worried or stumped me!)

At the end I signed on the electronic pad. All going well I was told I should have my passport in about 10 working days (maximum) and if not to call the helpline.

All in all took about 15 minutes maximum. Staff were very nice and friendly even though the office was very busy!

I got there early and would very strongly recommend making sure you are there at least half an hour before your appointment time if attending the London office at Victoria as you have to go through security scanners and the queue can be quite long. Also, it can be tricky to find depending which exit / entrance you use from the station so double check the map before you travel!

The staff on the door (before you get to the main queue and scanners) will tell you if you need to go wait somewhere else before your appointment (coffee shop nearby etc) or else if you can be seen early or wait in their waiting room. Remember to take your letter with your appointment time and reference on it as they'll ask to see it!

I hope this means my journey will soon be ending with the arrival of my new passport - fingers crossed!

Good luck all! :)

VR

Re: Passport Interview - my experience

Post by VR » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:42 pm

If you keep your fingers crossed till they call you for the next round, you could forget to use your arm!! :lol: