ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SriSarma
Newly Registered

ILR Success

Post by SriSarma » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Alright everyone, I've got so much help and information from this site, it is only fair that I return the favour.

I had my ILR application at the Liverpool POE at 9 in the morning today.
Here are some of the facts about my application
I was under Tier 1 General
as of today, I have spent 4 years 8 months and 15 days in the country.
I entered the country 83 days after my initial leave approval date.
These are the documents I submitted:
1. 12 months pay slip accompanied by the bank statements.
2. Life In UK results
3. Letter from the employer.
4. Letter stating my stay outside the uk (one from me and one from my employer)

It took about 1.5 hrs and it was worth the wait!

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

srivathsa

Re: ILR Success

Post by srivathsa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Congrats mate. Just couple of questions from my side

Which applicant option did you choose when booking the appointment online? As you were on Tier 1 before, did you choose Tier 1? ( i just posted it in my other post)

What did you submit to prove your English qualification? and why did you submit 12 months bank statements/payslips as the guide only asks for 3 months?

Thanks

Sri

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm

srivathsa wrote:Congrats mate. Just couple of questions from my side

Which applicant option did you choose when booking the appointment online? As you were on Tier 1 before, did you choose Tier 1? ( i just posted it in my other post)

What did you submit to prove your English qualification? and why did you submit 12 months bank statements/payslips as the guide only asks for 3 months?

Thanks

Sri
Congrats SrimSarma.
To srivathsa - for the online booking process, you need to select SET(O) and then Tier 1 (if you are applying as a Tier 1 settler). You will have already satisfied your English language requirements in your previous Tier 1 applications, therefore this will not be required at this occasion. As for SriSarma's submission of 12 months payslips and bank statements, this is required to corroborate your earnings. You will need to provide evidence for any 12 consequetive months (out of the 15 months immediately prior to lodging your application) to score earnings points. The guidance does not "only ask for 3 months" as you have stated. I hope this helps.

SriSarma
Newly Registered

Post by SriSarma » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm

ScopeD wrote:

Thanks

Sri
Congrats SrimSarma.
To srivathsa - for the online booking process, you need to select SET(O) and then Tier 1 (if you are applying as a Tier 1 settler). You will have already satisfied your English language requirements in your previous Tier 1 applications, therefore this will not be required at this occasion. As for SriSarma's submission of 12 months payslips and bank statements, this is required to corroborate your earnings. You will need to provide evidence for any 12 consequetive months (out of the 15 months immediately prior to lodging your application) to score earnings points. The guidance does not "only ask for 3 months" as you have stated. I hope this helps.
Srivathsa,
Just to repeat what 's already been mentioned:
I had to complete the PBS calculation that needed 12 months payslip. As for the English Skills, my degree from India is listed in the PBS calculator as a course taught in English, So in the PBS calculator, for the English skills, I had to select the option that let me select my university and degree (if its recognized by UK NARIC, it will be listed there). Again, at the expense of being repetitive, I used the SET(O) form for my ILR application. Hope this helps. If you need further details, let me know.

spacer

Post by spacer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have some queries related to SET (0) form. Could someone reply on the following questions?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 54945.html

Your help will me much appreciated.

srivathsa

Post by srivathsa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks guys for your response. I am on Tier 2 ICT now, so will have to select SET(O) and Tier 2 option then in the online
booking process.

My degree is also from India and has been used in previous Tier 2 visas, so I guess I will just take a print out of PBS and the original degree to prove the english qualification.

Thanks

Sri

SriSarma wrote:
ScopeD wrote:

Thanks

Sri
Congrats SrimSarma.
Srivathsa,
Just to repeat what 's already been mentioned:
I had to complete the PBS calculation that needed 12 months payslip. As for the English Skills, my degree from India is listed in the PBS calculator as a course taught in English, So in the PBS calculator, for the English skills, I had to select the option that let me select my university and degree (if its recognized by UK NARIC, it will be listed there). Again, at the expense of being repetitive, I used the SET(O) form for my ILR application. Hope this helps. If you need further details, let me know.

mb2014
Newly Registered

Post by mb2014 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Sri

congrats on your success! Can you please let me know

what did you put for the question 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

is it 4years 11 months or 4 years 8 months as you come after 83 days of initial visa stamp

Please let me know

SriSarma
Newly Registered

Post by SriSarma » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:31 pm

mb2014 wrote:Hi Sri

congrats on your success! Can you please let me know

what did you put for the question 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

is it 4years 11 months or 4 years 8 months as you come after 83 days of initial visa stamp

Please let me know
Hi MB2014,
On the date I applied for the ILR, I had been in the UK for 4 years and 9 months. In section 7.11, I entered 4 years and 9 months. The fact that I entered UK after 83 days of my initial leave wasn't mentioned anywhere in the form. However, this is something most of the case workers are aware of. Having said that, if you are very paranoid, take a copy of the "Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK" document from "http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary".
On Page 21 of the document you will find the necessary details for the 90 days waiver towards the 5 years calculation. I took a copy of this document, but the 83 days were never questioned.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Congratulations