ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS annual allocation and tier 2 (general) - extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fooj
Newly Registered

CoS annual allocation and tier 2 (general) - extension

Post by fooj » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi there,

I'm currently applying to extend my tier2 general visa which expires in april

Last year 01/02/2012 my company received an email saying the CoS allocation is expiring. We checked with our solicitors and they said that its not neccesarry for us to renew this. We can do it next year.

So when we logged in the Sponsorship system today to extend my visa. It says we have 0 certificates to allocate. So on the system we applied for one which is pending approval

1) Will i be granted this certifcate on time. I have a feeling our lawyers misinformed us, and that the cert has to be renewed every time it expires to ensure we get it

2) This application for the cert allocation we're applying for is it for 2013 or 2014..

i'm very concerned that we're applying for the allocation too late. thanks for your help

cleverclues
Newly Registered

Re: CoS annual allocation and tier 2 (general) - extension

Post by cleverclues » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Dear friend,

I hope you understand my query well. I am right now in the same situation as you were in last year. Meaning, I have my leave to remain as Tier 2 (General) is due to expire in May and my company has applied for COS now. So I just wanted to know if the COS going to be issued is for new year i.e. After April or Can I apply for my Tier 2 (0Gen extension with the COS assigned in Feb or march?

Many Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: CoS annual allocation and tier 2 (general) - extension

Post by manci » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Unrestricted CoS allocations are valid for 1 year only, April to April. This is the "CoS year".

If needed, an increase in the allocation can be requested via the SMS any time during the CoS year and it usually doesn't take long for the HO to process it.

CoS allocations in any one year cannot be carried forward to the next year and can only be used during the year for which they have been given.