ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to OCI collection

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andynags
Newly Registered

Changes to OCI collection

Post by andynags » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Anyone noticed?
This joke of a process changes by the minute.

----------------------------------

New Procedure for Collection of OCI from 13 January 2014

From 13th January 2014, OCI Cards will be delivered by post only. Collection of OCI Cards would be by Post only. Before sending the documents, applicant should check the status of his/her application. When status shows OCI received in London, the following documents may be addressed to OCI Section, High Commission of India, India House, Aldwych, London WC2B 4NA.

◦Print out of on-line status report.
◦British/Foreign Passport in original.
◦PIO Card holders should send the Original PIO Card for Cancellation.
◦For miscellaneous service: New British/Foreign Passport, Old British/Foreign Passport, Old OCI Booklet.
◦Self addressed Special Delivery envelope to return the Passport with OCI.
Note: The passports, which are not having self-addressed special delivery envelope, will be returned along with the OCI Card by ordinary post only. The High Commission of India, London will not be responsible for loss or delay of the documents.
Please also note that it will take about 7-10 working days to return the passport after affixing OCI Visa along with OCI Card.

ban.s

Re: Changes to OCI collection

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:19 pm

You can expect the whole process to be outsourced to VFS in the near future.

andynags
Newly Registered

Post by andynags » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

I am ok with that. Its just that HCI could have been a teeny tiny bit more professional in implementing this change.

This should have been implemented only for new applications than for being processed ones so that expectation is built in.

Also, I don't know what the process is if we receive the OCI card on Monday the 12th? Do we go there and figure out? at 7AM or 2PM?

Also, total time will be increased by 7-10 days with addtional anxiety of losing one's British passport in transit- which BTW happened to one of my friends recently.

Indian government and its minions must understand that we have paid through the nose for this service and its absolutely shocking what the service has been.

VR

Post by VR » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 pm

I agree!! My status shows the blooming thing has been despatched from Delhi on 10th January 2014. I was planning to go there on Monday or Tuesday and get the damn thing over with.

This postal thing is worrying. Damn it all if the Passport is misplaced or lost in transit, it can cause lot of heartache with US ticket booked. And it beats me why do they need 7 to 10 working days i.e 2 weeks to process this. Donkeys.
VR

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am

Dear Experts,

Please can you let me know if this change of posting your foreign passports is only for London HCI or for all the embassies in UK

I've my documents processed and ready at Birmingham embassy and unsure if I have to post or Can I go in person to get the OCI sticker and OCI card

Please advise

Cheers

IT Graduate

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for the update regarding new procedure

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi - when people have had their passports delivered by Special Delivery by Royal Mail, does it say the following (was signed by "Manju" at Eastern Central City?. Getting paranoid that it wasn't delivered. Should it not give the exact address?

Thanks

Sanjay

Track point

27/01/14

09:46

DELIVERED27/01/14

EASTERN CENTRAL CITY