ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Urgent help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Gagan1986

Naturalisation Urgent help

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Hello all,

Great to be back.

Applying for naturalsation end if this month. 5 year old work permit(Jan 2008-Jan 2013) + 1yr ILR.

I lost my passport in 2009 and had to apply for a replacement stamp on new passport which is from 2009 - 2013 and i do not have a photocopy of oiginal work permit 2008-2013. I do have home office approval letter but not the visa stamp showing 5 years.

At the time of ILR(PEO) i was asked about original 5 year visa copy and i said i dont have it and the caseworker wasnt happy about it but i managed to convince him.

Not sure if there is any other way around that or what alternative i could show to prove 5 year residential requirement?

Looking forward to hearing from you all lovely people soon.

Thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation Urgent help

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 pm

For naturalisation your residence in 2008 is irrelevant.

See the last pages of the application form (section 3 there) for the supporting documents required for the period of residence in 2009 which is not covered by your passport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)