ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent 10 Year ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anas123456789
BANNED

Urgent 10 Year ILR Query

Post by anas123456789 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:25 am

Hello All,

Please can someone let me know how a CCJ (debt related) would affect my ILR application based on 10 year route? is it going to be fine if i demonstrate to the home office that certain steps have been taken by me to set up a payment plan to pay off that CCJ (since i cannot pay in full).

Does the home office checks credit reports as well? please let me know since i have some defaults there apart of CCJ.

Do i have to declare defaults (from the credit report) as well in the application apart of CCJs?

please let me know

thanks

VR

Re: Urgent 10 Year ILR Query

Post by VR » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 am

Declare it and apply and you should be fine.
This is a civil matter not a criminal one.
The impact is directly on your credit rating.
The fact that you are attempting to repay via instalments is a plus for your integrity.
Non-Disclosure will prove to be a serious ground for refusal.
cheers
vr

anas123456789
BANNED

Re: Urgent 10 Year ILR Query

Post by anas123456789 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:19 pm

thanks for your reply.
what about defaults in the credit file? will the home office apply for my credit check as well?

also i understand that the issue of debt comes under good character requirement but this is only for nationanility applications as stated on ukba website. are the same good character requirements apply for ilr application? please advise