ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scanner

Re: October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Scanner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

apple02 wrote:
Scanner wrote:Thanks Apple02. It is actually £100 at my council. lol[/quote
That is too much. Your choice but I would wait. I know your thirsty but nothing comes before the time
It depends on how far away the group swearing will be. I just want to get done with this and get the passport and finally close this long, winded, eventful chapter of my life. i'll probably write a memoir after everything. :-)

apple02

Re: thanks app02

Post by apple02 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:56 pm

fm1011 wrote:i think i must be the last person of 21 oct application that they will deal with it...still waiting married to BC
Dont worry you will see a brown letter with your approval either this week or next. As long as you know you met the requirements, it is yours so dont fret.

apple02

Post by apple02 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Scanner wrote:
apple02 wrote:
Scanner wrote:Thanks Apple02. It is actually £100 at my council. lol[/quote
That is too much. Your choice but I would wait. I know your thirsty but nothing comes before the time
It depends on how far away the group swearing will be. I just want to get done with this and get the passport and finally close this long, winded, eventful chapter of my life. i'll probably write a memoir after everything. :-)
Lol. All I know is that I will be affirming. I am not swearing by the almighty God, sounds a bit wrong to me. So either I will affirm or oath. I know how your feeling though because ive already filled up my british passport application already. Just to fill in the bc certificate number and countersignature. Lol

HSMPLOCHA

Re:

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:24 pm

[quote="HSMPLOCHA"]Eligibility criteria: WP + HSMP + Tier1 + ILR
Language criteria met : Overseas Deg comparability cert by uk naric + overseas letter that English was the medium of instruction
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Enfield
Date of application: 29/10/2013
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/10/2013
Date of acknowledgment: waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: waiting
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting[/quote]

Contacted the bank and they said the payment was posted on my credit card today. waiting for the difference in balance to be shown on my credit card.

mkaleem
Newly Registered

Post by mkaleem » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 am

Hi apple02,

Congrates for the successful application.

Could you let me know the email addresses and the phone numbers you called for return request of your documents. I am also in the same situation which you were in. I need my spouse's passport and BRP back for urgent travel. I applied on 24th Oct and UKBA received it on 25th Oct, and until now what I have seen on this board that only 22nd approvals are on their way. I need to travel in first week of Feb and I don't see that my spouse's application will be processed in next two weeks. So I have decided for return request.

Also could you let me know how long did they take to send your documents back?

Many thanks.

apple02 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Indefinite Leave to remain since 1997
Current nationality: Jamaican
Method of application: Self (1st Class Recorded Delivery)
Date of application: 23/10/2013
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/10/2013
Date of acknowledgment: 19/12/13 (dated 12/12/13)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 12/12/2013
Date approval received: Received 11/01/14 (Dated 08/01/14
Date of ceremony: waiting

Thank God for his deliverance. Thank God for this forum which has helped me immensely. I was so worried that I was not going to receive my approval due to the fact that 1) i sent in the old forms the one before the new one came out in September, 2) one of my referees was just 25 and i thought that question meant from age 26 and over. You know it just goes to show you just need to have faith and believe your going to receive it.

For all the previous post about requesting your documents delays your application, i requested my application on the 11/12/13 because I needed it for work and i was told by the home office people applying for British citizenship wont be affected, the only people who get affected are people who have definite leave only. Also she says before the send your requested documents back to you they photocopy everything from back to front before sending it back to you, so don't worry. If anything if i never requested my documents i would never have received my approval here today not yet anyway. So sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do to speed people up.

Thank you very much people and all the people who applied before me, same time as me and in October don't worry yours is on its way signed, sealed and delivered. Any brown letter that comes to your door with royal mail on it that should be it. I will check back to post my ceremony date when i get a letter from the council. Thanks

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 pm

[quote="mkaleem"]Hi apple02,

Could you let me know the email addresses and the phone numbers you called for return request of your documents. I am also in the same situation which you were in. I need my spouse's passport and BRP back for urgent travel. I applied on 24th Oct and UKBA received it on 25th Oct, and until now what I have seen on this board that only 22nd approvals are on their way. I need to travel in first week of Feb and I don't see that my spouse's application will be processed in next two weeks. So I have decided for return request.

Many thanks.

click or copy and paste this link on your web browser. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/. It will take you to an online request form. It depends on how you want H/O to send it back to you. You have the option of accepting a normal post return or next day delivery return. Usually there is a provision to include your email and phone number. Home office will contact you on either to inquire about your preference.

There is no evidence that a request of your documents will speed up the process. It still took about three weeks after I requested a return of my documents before my approval came through.

thrope
Newly Registered

Post by thrope » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:11 pm

We were away over Christmas and New Year but happily the approval was waiting when we got back. Updating here in case it is still of interest to anyone waiting:

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC, applying under 6(1), discretion requested for excess absenses
Method of application: NCS Lanark
Date of application: 15 October 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17 October 2013 (tracked)
Date of letter requesting payment (NCS failed to forward payment slip): 12 November 2013 (received 16 November)
Date of receipt of new payment slip by UKBA (tracked): 19 November 2013
Date of debit of fees: 27th November 2013

Date of approval letter: 19th December 2013

Citizenship ceremony is booked. Best of luck to anyone still waiting.

fiborne
Newly Registered

Post by fiborne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Updated timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs work permit + 1 ILR
Method of application: Royal Mail
Date of Application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/10/2013 (Tracked)
Date of debit of fees: cleared 2nd January 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/01/14 dated 30/12/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 28/01/2014, dated 25/01/2014
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Thank you all for your posts, it really helped keeping me calm during the 3-month wait! Good luck all.
Last edited by fiborne on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

hi karachi
Newly Registered

Post by hi karachi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5years + 1 ILR
Date of debit of fees: cleared 6nd January 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/01/14 dated 02/01/2014
Date of receipt of approval: waiting

asadkhan71

Post by asadkhan71 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Can anybody throw some light on, what is difference between home office approval ketter and home office invitation letter. I have received a letter from my local council asking me to bring original home office invitation letter. How many letters one would receive after approval?
approval letter ........ home office
invitation letter ........ home iffice
Confirmationletter ....... of ocal authority

i would really appreciate for a quick response
thanks

apple02

Post by apple02 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 pm

mkaleem wrote:Hi apple02,

Many thanks.

Thank God for his deliverance. Thank God for this forum which has helped me immensely. I was so worried that I was not going to receive my approval due to the fact that 1) i sent in the old forms the one before the new one came out in September, 2) one of my referees was just 25 and i thought that question meant from age 26 and over. You know it just goes to show you just need to have faith and believe your going to receive it.

For all the previous post about requesting your documents delays your application, i requested my application on the 11/12/13 because I needed it for work and i was told by the home office people applying for British citizenship wont be affected, the only people who get affected are people who have definite leave only. Also she says before the send your requested documents back to you they photocopy everything from back to front before sending it back to you, so don't worry. If anything if i never requested my documents i would never have received my approval here today not yet anyway. So sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do to speed people up.

Thank you very much people and all the people who applied before me, same time as me and in October don't worry yours is on its way signed, sealed and delivered. Any brown letter that comes to your door with royal mail on it that should be it. I will check back to post my ceremony date when i get a letter from the council. Thanks
Hi mkaleem,

follow this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

It is pretty much the same thing as the other person posted to you. Requesting documents does not speed up the whole process, however, I do personally think it gets you on the system faster because once you have requested your documents, HO immediately debits your card, photocopy all your documents before sending everything back to you. In terms of approval, that is different for everybody as everyone has a different case in terms of the eligibility criteria that they are applying for.

In terms of requesting documents, mines took a week before I received them. Someone I know took them 4 days so to be honest it all depends on how fast HO sends it back but on their site it says it can take up to 20 days for you to receive them.

So good luck with it all

asadkhan71

Post by asadkhan71 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:32 pm

thrope wrote:We were away over Christmas and New Year but happily the approval was waiting when we got back. Updating here in case it is still of interest to anyone waiting:

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC, applying under 6(1), discretion requested for excess absenses
Method of application: NCS Lanark
Date of application: 15 October 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17 October 2013 (tracked)
Date of letter requesting payment (NCS failed to forward payment slip): 12 November 2013 (received 16 November)
Date of receipt of new payment slip by UKBA (tracked): 19 November 2013
Date of debit of fees: 27th November 2013

Date of approval letter: 19th December 2013

Citizenship ceremony is booked. Best of luck to anyone still waiting.
Can anybody throw some light on, what is difference between home office approval ketter and home office invitation letter. I have received a letter from my local council asking me to bring original home office invitation letter. How many letters one would receive after approval?
approval letter ........ home office
invitation letter ........ home iffice
Confirmationletter ....... of ocal authority 

i would really appreciate for a quick response
thanks

fm1011
Newly Registered

thank you apple02

Post by fm1011 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:56 pm

for apple02
thank you...
i think i complete every requirements but as long as i am concern could be my time that i spent in this country...but i will tell you if that is ok..
came to uk;2009 august as a student...
married 2011 sept
got ILR 2013 sept
apply for citizenship 21 october 2013
but i never gone out since 2009 i mean travel outside...

fm1011
Newly Registered

thank you apple02

Post by fm1011 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm

for apple02
thank you...
i think i complete every requirements but as long as i am concern could be my time that i spent in this country...but i will tell you if that is ok..
came to uk;2009 august as a student...
married 2011 sept
got ILR 2013 sept
did,nt wait for 1 year after ILR
apply for citizenship 21 october 2013
but i never gone out since 2009 i mean travel outside...

asadkhan71

Re:

Post by asadkhan71 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 pm

akhan25 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:asadkhan71 and akhan25 there is no need to be upset, I was only directing you to asadkhan71's thread which is addressing the same question here, rather than in a timeline as it's more appropriate. Don't take what Ayyubi72 says personally, he's on thin ice for a reason.
Its ok Amber my friend has same issue as asadkhan71 and I suggested him to wait so I was only trying get information out from him to see if I might was wro

ng in giving that advice to my friend. Anyway he has applied so we will see what he gets approval or refusal.thanks for ur help Amber.

dear khan my application is approved. If you remember yiu asked me to keep you uodate

apple02

Post by apple02 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

For fm1011,

I actually have no clue on the actual requirements for spouse when getting married. However, am sure you will be fine or hopefully someone else answers this one for you because i think ive read loads of people like your situation and was approved. I just read somewhere that You dont have to wait until a year until you apply for BC so am sure you should be fine. Just pray and fingers crossed
Last edited by apple02 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Here is weekly summary for Oct - 2013 applicants:
Summary.jpg
Summary.jpg (98.25 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Summary-percentage.jpg
Summary-percentage.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

These charts are based on data extracted on 13th Jan 2014 (Not end of day of-course). Must to mention!!! Big thank to jotter for helping on data for these charts.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

And day wise summary for Oct - 2013 applicants:
Detail.jpg
Detail.jpg (233.43 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Detail-percentage.jpg
Detail-percentage.jpg (236.48 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
These charts are based on data extracted on 13th Jan 2014 (Not end of day of-course). Must to mention!!! Big thank to jotter for helping on data for these charts.

Aneeth
Newly Registered

Post by Aneeth » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your guidance. Here is my good news along with timelines:

Eligibility criteria : 3yrs WP + 3yrs Tier 1 + 3yrs ILR
Method of application : Post
Posted Application on : 22-oct-13
Date of receipt by UKBA : 23-oct-13 (tracked through Royalmail)
Date of debit of fees : 7-dec-13
Date of approval (letter dated ) : 10-jan-14
Date of arrival of Approved letter : 14-jan-14
Date of Ceremony : Waiting

apple02

Post by apple02 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:23 am

Eligibility criteria: Indefinite Leave to remain since 1997
Date of ceremony: 26th March 2014

So my ceremony is booked as I received home office letters this morning as well as one from the council. I might book a private ceremony as the 26th of March was when I planned to go on holiday. I really don't think paying another ceremony fee is worth it on top of the one paid but somehow I knew my date would clash with my holiday time. Nevertheless, am still happy and grateful I got one and that my BC journey has ended and it's time to start the Little red book journey :D

Good Luck to Everyone waiting.

koshkabrest
Newly Registered

Post by koshkabrest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm

fiborne wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yrs work permit + 1 ILR

Anyone else that applied on the same date waited about 2 months for the debit of the fee? It seems that there was a backlog due to high volume of applications.
Hey. Yes I have been waiting since 25th of October and they just took the fee on the 10th of January so it is even longer than u had to wait))

koshkabrest
Newly Registered

Post by koshkabrest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 pm

fiborne wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yrs work permit + 1 ILR

Anyone else that applied on the same date waited about 2 months for the debit of the fee? It seems that there was a backlog due to high volume of applications.
Hey there. Dont worry . I had to wait even longer as I applied on yhe 25th of October and they have just took the fee on the 10th of January)

apple02

Post by apple02 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 pm

This is one of my friend's timeline am posting here so this one is not mines as mines has been approved and ceremony booked already.

Eligibility criteria: ILR 3 years (Received from Spouse)
Application type: Posted Himself
Date of application: 23/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/10/13
Date of debit of fees: 13/12/13
Date of acknowledgement letter: 14/12/13 (dated 13/12/13)
Date of approval: 15/01/14 (dated 9/1/14)
Date of Ceremony:26th March

So this is my friend timeline, we submitted our application at the same time and now we have both been booked to attend the ceremony on the same date.

I also decided to post his timeline because I wanted all those people who applied within our batch and that's from October 21st- October 25th 2013, that it looks as though things are really moving in the HO now. My advice is that based on average, it's taking the HO one month from the date they debited your account to approve your application. So all those in this batch who had their fees debited in December your approvals will probably be on its way as January has not finished yet. If you were debited in January then at least give it till February but lets hope it comes before then.

So I just thought I would help to ease and relax some nervous minds, am sure your brown letter is on its way just don't fret am sure it will drop through your door when you least expect it. :D

mkaleem
Newly Registered

Post by mkaleem » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm

thanks apple02 and scanner.

I filled the online form yesterday and today I called Crydon office on 08706067766 to treat my request urgently. I just got a call from Liverpool office that they are posting my documents back and my application will remain at same position in the queue.

thanks for your help.

apple02 wrote:
mkaleem wrote:Hi apple02,

Many thanks.

Hi mkaleem,

follow this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

It is pretty much the same thing as the other person posted to you. Requesting documents does not speed up the whole process, however, I do personally think it gets you on the system faster because once you have requested your documents, HO immediately debits your card, photocopy all your documents before sending everything back to you. In terms of approval, that is different for everybody as everyone has a different case in terms of the eligibility criteria that they are applying for.

In terms of requesting documents, mines took a week before I received them. Someone I know took them 4 days so to be honest it all depends on how fast HO sends it back but on their site it says it can take up to 20 days for you to receive them.

So good luck with it all

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm

The system works after all :D