ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cordelio
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by cordelio » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm

SgtBellPepper wrote: Date of passport interview appointment: 09/12/2013
Date of passport receipt: 14/01/2014 (passport issue dated 10/01/2014)
I thought it takes only 2-3 working days to get your passport after the interview. Do you know why it took over a month?

Ps: Apologies if this was discussed under another topic.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:43 pm

I discussed the long saga previously on this thread.

Long story short, we originally applied under my wife's maiden name (which is what her spousal visa, ILR, and naturalisation applications are under and approved!) and they didn't like that. So we had to submit a new application form, photographs and her marriage certificate under her married name.

All sorted now. Passport received. We are happy and just waiting for the marriage certificate to be returned.

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Passport for: Child
Application Type: New
Method of application: RM Special Delivery
Date of application: 09/10/2013
Date application received by IPS: 10/10/2013
Counter-signatory receives a letter: 09/11/2013
Counter-signatory responds: 11/11/2013
HMPO letter (dated 13/11/2013) to me stating that they did not receive a response
New application form and pictures sent to HMPO: 15/11/2013
SMS confirming receipt of application: 28/11/2013
Letters from HMPO fail to reach the second (new) signatory TWICE
Letter of complaint to Paul Pugh, interim chief executive: 12/01/2014
Phone call from HMPO Liverpool, stating that they did not get the first response (it isn't in the system), the second signatory hasn't responded and they'll need another new signatory once the deadline on 17/01 is missed: 14/01/2014

FED UP and GIVEN UP: 14/01/2014
Booked a slot at the Polish Consulate, Manchester: 14/01/2014

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

SgtBellPepper wrote:I discussed the long saga previously on this thread.

Long story short, we originally applied under my wife's maiden name (which is what her spousal visa, ILR, and naturalisation applications are under and approved!) and they didn't like that. So we had to submit a new application form, photographs and her marriage certificate under her married name.

All sorted now. Passport received. We are happy and just waiting for the marriage certificate to be returned.
Hi SgtBellPepper

My wife never changed her name either. She still has her maiden name everywhere from documents to passports. We decided to keep it this way to keep things simple. Are you saying that HMPO forced your wife to change the name?

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Pretty much.

They effectively said, without the changes, they can't approve the passport.

I mean to be fair she probably would have changed it eventually anyway, but it just created unnecessary delay and hassle.

Thanks.

luk1c

Post by luk1c » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi I have question about my passport aplication. Me and my wife used PO check and send on saturday. My wife received text confirmation today but I havent received any text confirmation yet. I litle worry maybe is someting wrong. Thanks!!

rize007
Newly Registered

Post by rize007 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 pm

luk1c wrote:Hi I have question about my passport aplication. Me and my wife used PO check and send on saturday. My wife received text confirmation today but I havent received any text confirmation yet. I litle worry maybe is someting wrong. Thanks!!

hi I sent mine last Friday and still I haven't receive any SMS yet and I'm bit worried as well ? I hop every thing will go smoothly finger cross :|

Light27

Post by Light27 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 am

@freedom34 : Was it a signature delivery (your passport) ?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Light27,
It was not required a signature. That was only DX Secure Delivery letter.
You will have yours very soon. :)[/quote]

Hi Freedom,

Thanks for the info. My Dox were returned on 02/01/2014 through DX Delivery Service.

As I've already mentioned in my last post on 13th Jan 2014 to UKnow that at the end of my interview I was told that you'll rcv ur passport within 10working days and it'll be a signature delivery :roll: :roll: while most of the people have received their Passports through Normal Mail. I was really confused and still I'm.

Today, I've received a text from the DX Delivery that they've attempted to deliver my item and it was missed due to some reason. Therefore, I need to re-arrange a delivery :shock: . I m not expecting any special delivery apart from my Passport. Let's see what I receive from them :roll: :oops: I'll update !!
Last edited by Light27 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 am

rize007 wrote:
luk1c wrote:Hi I have question about my passport aplication. Me and my wife used PO check and send on saturday. My wife received text confirmation today but I havent received any text confirmation yet. I litle worry maybe is someting wrong. Thanks!!

hi I sent mine last Friday and still I haven't receive any SMS yet and I'm bit worried as well ? I hop every thing will go smoothly finger cross :|
I sent my own on Thursday and still have not received any SMS yet. I'm giving them a week but I'm also a little bit concerned. What could be going on?

Light27

Post by Light27 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:05 am

UKnow wrote:Hey uKnow,

We had interview on the same date, any update on receipt of 'ur passport?

Thanks,
Light27
Hi Light27, Nothing as of this morning when I left to work, how about you.. did you get it?[/quote]

Hi UKnow, I went to check my mailbox at 11am and there was nothing :P . Were u told in the interview that it'll be a Signature Delievery? B'coz I've been told that u'll receive your passport within 10 working days and it'll be a Signature Delievery (:-S Confused)[/quote]

Light27, Just checked and I just got my passport, they dropped it from the mail slot. No signature required. I had the same thing happening when I applied from my daughter's passport few weeks back.

I am sure yours is on the way as well!
My journey is over now :)
All the best to you[/quote]

Thanks UKnow. My Dox were returned on 02/01/2014 through DX Delivery Service before my interview date 09/01/2014.

As I've already mentioned in my last post on 13th Jan 2014 to you that at the end of my interview I was told that you'll rcv ur passport within 10working days and it'll be a signature delivery :roll: :roll: while most of the people have received their Passports through Normal Mail. I was really confused and still I'm.

Today, I've received a text from the DX Delivery that they've attempted to deliver my item and it was missed due to some reason. Therefore, I need to re-arrange a delivery . I m not expecting any special delivery apart from my Passport. Let's see what I receive from them :shock: :oops: :shock: :roll: I'll update !!

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi guys

I will apply for my passport very soon.
Please could you let me know if I have to include my foreign passport with the application, as well as the original Naturalisation Certificate (I will go to the Post Office for my application to be checked).

Also, what is the address of the Identity checking office in London?

Thanks

Light27

Post by Light27 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Monika_33 wrote:Hi guys

I will apply for my passport very soon.
Please could you let me know if I have to include my foreign passport with the application, as well as the original Naturalisation Certificate (I will go to the Post Office for my application to be checked).

Also, what is the address of the Identity checking office in London?

Thanks
Original Passport, Original Naturalisation Certificate and Passport Size Photos.

rana12570
Newly Registered

Post by rana12570 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Aplication Type: First Adult Passport
Date of application = 20/12/2013
Method of application = Post Office Check & Send
Date of deduction of fees = 23/12/2013
Date of text confirmation from HMPO = Never received(Phoned HMPO & confirmed that application was received on 24/12/2013)
Date of letter for interview = 14/01/2014
Date of interview = 15/01/2014
Date of return of documents =( :shock: HMPO confirmed that my documents were sent out by secure delivery on 24/12/2013 but I never received them, I've also confirmed with the DX Secure Courier provider that they did not receive any docs from HMPO :( :( :( :( :( ) phoned HMPO again and I was told that HMPO is now doing an investigation :? :? :?
Date UK passport received = not yet

rana12570
Newly Registered

Post by rana12570 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 pm

rana12570 wrote:Aplication Type: First Adult Passport
Date of text confirmation from HMPO = Never received(Phoned HMPO & confirmed that application was received on 24/12/2013)
Date of return of documents =( :shock: HMPO confirmed that my documents were sent out by secure delivery on 24/12/2013 but I never received them, I've also confirmed with the DX Secure Courier provider that they did not receive any docs from HMPO :( :( :( :( :( ) phoned HMPO again and I was told that HMPO is now doing an investigation :? :? :?
Update: Received call from HMPO that they have found my docs now and it will be sent to me out via secure delivery! : :D :D :D :D Thank God it wasn't lost:lol:

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks UKnow. My Dox were returned on 02/01/2014 through DX Delivery Service before my interview date 09/01/2014.

As I've already mentioned in my last post on 13th Jan 2014 to you that at the end of my interview I was told that you'll rcv ur passport within 10working days and it'll be a signature delivery :roll: :roll: while most of the people have received their Passports through Normal Mail. I was really confused and still I'm.

Today, I've received a text from the DX Delivery that they've attempted to deliver my item and it was missed due to some reason. Therefore, I need to re-arrange a delivery . I m not expecting any special delivery apart from my Passport. Let's see what I receive from them :shock: :oops: :shock: :roll: I'll update !![/quote]

Hi I am sure it is your passport so not to worry about that. I think special delivery is up to the postman, if they thought it may not be safe to drop it through your mail slot, then they will deliver it. I know it is irritating but hope this stress will be over soon for you :)
Relax, you are almost there..! :wink:
UKnow

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 pm

rana12570 wrote:
rana12570 wrote:Aplication Type: First Adult Passport
Update: Received call from HMPO that they have found my docs now and it will be sent to me out via secure delivery! : :D :D :D :D Thank God it wasn't lost:lol:
PHEWWWW... disaster avoided.. congrats :)
UKnow

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi Freedom,

Thanks for the info. My Dox were returned on 02/01/2014 through DX Delivery Service.

As I've already mentioned in my last post on 13th Jan 2014 to UKnow that at the end of my interview I was told that you'll rcv ur passport within 10working days and it'll be a signature delivery :roll: :roll: while most of the people have received their Passports through Normal Mail. I was really confused and still I'm.

Today, I've received a text from the DX Delivery that they've attempted to deliver my item and it was missed due to some reason. Therefore, I need to re-arrange a delivery :shock: . I m not expecting any special delivery apart from my Passport. Let's see what I receive from them :roll: :oops: I'll update !!
Light27,
It must be your British passport, obviously delivery person needs your signature for it. That was special delivery (DX Secure Delivery). So, everything is ok for you. :wink:

Light27

Post by Light27 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 am

@Uknow & @Freedom34 ,

Fingers & Toes Crossed :!: :| :roll: 8) :?

Light27

Post by Light27 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:32 pm

UKnow wrote:Thanks UKnow. My Dox were returned on 02/01/2014 through DX Delivery Service before my interview date 09/01/2014.

Today, I've received a text from the DX Delivery that they've attempted to deliver my item and it was missed due to some reason. Therefore, I need to re-arrange a delivery . I m not expecting any special delivery apart from my Passport. Let's see what I receive from them :shock: :oops: :shock: :roll: I'll update !!
Hi I am sure it is your passport so not to worry about that. I think special delivery is up to the postman, if they thought it may not be safe to drop it through your mail slot, then they will deliver it. I know it is irritating but hope this stress will be over soon for you :)
Relax, you are almost there..! :wink:[/quote]

Thanks UKnow :) Finally exact after a week, I've received my passport today through the DX Delivery :D :D :D

Light27

Post by Light27 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:36 pm

freedom34 wrote:

Hi Freedom,

Light27,
It must be your British passport, obviously delivery person needs your signature for it. That was special delivery (DX Secure Delivery). So, everything is ok for you. :wink:

Hey Freedom34,
Finally exact after a week, I've received my passport today through the DX Delivery :D :D :D

Light27

FIRST ADULT BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION TIMELINE

Post by Light27 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:42 pm

*** :D :D :D FINAL UPDATE :D 8) :D ***

First Adult Passport Application Timeline :

Method of Application: PO Check & Send (London)

Date of Application: 19/12/2013

Date of Application Received by IPS: 23/12/2013 (HMPO SMS)

Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 27/12/2013 (Dated: 23/12/2013)

Date of Return of Documents: 02/01/2014 (DX Delivery)

Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 09/01/2014

Link to the Interview Questions: british-citizenship/british-passport-interview-questions-t116479.html#p974022

Date of Passport Receipt: 16/01/2014 (Issued on 09/01/2014 & delivered by DX Delivery Service)
Last edited by Light27 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Light27 wrote:*** :D :D :D FINAL UPDATE :D 8) :D ***

Date of Return of Documents: 02/01/2014

Link to the Interview Questions: british-citizenship/british-passport-interview-questions-t116479.html#p974022

Date of Passport Receipt: 16/01/2014 (Issued on 09/01/2014)
BRILLIANT.. Congrats ... All the :lol: best :
UKnow

Pqek

Re: FIRST ADULT BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION TIMELINE

Post by Pqek » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:06 am

Method of Application: PO Check & Send (Aberdeen) (wife and I)
Date of Application: 09/01/2014

I went on the 8th to the post office but had a mistake on the date; wrote 2013 rather than 2014. Had to go back, fill the forms and get the countersignature done again. Overall please with check and send as 2 extra eyes to check on the form is worth the £7.50 per application extra.

Date of Application Received by IPS: I did not receive SMS and did not track my documents.
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 15th and 16th January both dated 14/01/14.
Date of Return of Documents: ???
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 21/01/14.

first slots in Dundee available. We needed two bookings close so there is only one trip to be done for both.

Date of Passport Receipt: ???

Almost done :mrgreen:

TTOE

Re: FIRST ADULT BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION TIMELINE

Post by TTOE » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Pqek wrote:First Adult Passport Application Timeline :

Method of Application: PO Check & Send (Aberdeen) (wife and I)
Date of Application: 09/01/2014

I went on the 8th to the post office but had a mistake on the date; wrote 2013 rather than 2014. Had to go back, fill the forms and get the countersignature done again. Overall please with check and send as 2 extra eyes to check on the form is worth the £7.50 per application extra.

Date of Application Received by IPS: I did not receive SMS and did not track my documents.
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 15th and 16th January both dated 14/01/14.
Date of Return of Documents: ???
Date of Passport Interview Appointment: 21/01/14.

first slots in Dundee available. We needed two bookings close so there is only one trip to be done for both.

Date of Passport Receipt: ???

Almost done :mrgreen:

Well done - All the best with the finishing part of the journey!

Light27

Post by Light27 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 pm

UKnow wrote:
Light27 wrote:*** :D :D :D FINAL UPDATE :D 8) :D ***

Date of Return of Documents: 02/01/2014

Date of Passport Receipt: 16/01/2014 (Issued on 09/01/2014)
BRILLIANT.. Congrats ... All the :lol: best :

Thank You So Much UKnow :mrgreen: :D