ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration Cert. received but need to travel urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah321
Newly Registered

MN1 Registration Cert. received but need to travel urgent

Post by Shah321 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 pm

I have received MN1 Registration certificate of my son but we need to travel urgently and i can't wait for 3 or 4 working days for British passport. My son is currently on PBS visa will expire in May 2015. I suppose he can travel back to UK on his PBS visa.

Can i apply for his British passport while he is in UK ? and then can he leave the UK?

Once the British passport received can i send via post ?

Plz advise thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: MN1 Registration Cert. received but need to travel urgen

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:35 pm

You shouldn't have an issue using the BRP and the registration certificate. You can apply for a CoE abroad or have the passport sent.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I agree. Just apply for passport when the child returns.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Shah321
Newly Registered

Post by Shah321 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Amber many thanks for ur reply.

Me n my wife both on ilr but my son still got valid pbs dependant visa till may 2015. So can travel back to uk?

What do u mean by coe?

Currently my son is in uk. He will be going outside uk on this sunday for 2months. Can I apply for his british passport tomorrow on normal fee?

It will take 3 weeks to receive the british passport. Afterward I will post the BP to him? Is that possible?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

You are required to submit the applicant's current passport together with the British passport application.

Just wait until he returns. With a valid visa he will be able to board the flight. As he is British, he can't be denied entry to the UK even if he doesn't have a British passport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Shah321
Newly Registered

Post by Shah321 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Many thanks jambo

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:40 pm

HI Shah321,

Please could you confirm how many days did it take to get your child's MN1 Certificate ? Please post the timelines taken.

nazabrar
Newly Registered

Post by nazabrar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi All,
Please help.
I hold ILR and I have applied for my daughter (4 years old) for MN1 registration. My daughter's visa has expired and after I got ILR, i have applied for MN1 registration. I am expecting the certificate anytime however I need to travel urgently in December. I would like to know if my daughter can enter UK on Indian password with MN1 certificate. I have read somewhere that one can travel on grace period of 3 months but no evidence of that.

Please let me know if there will be any issues for my daughter to enter UK with Indian password and MN1 certificate.Will be applying for British passport after we return to UK.

Kindly advise. Badly need suggestions.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 am

nazabrar wrote:Hi All,
Please help.
I hold ILR and I have applied for my daughter (4 years old) for MN1 registration. My daughter's visa has expired and after I got ILR, i have applied for MN1 registration. I am expecting the certificate anytime however I need to travel urgently in December. I would like to know if my daughter can enter UK on Indian password with MN1 certificate. I have read somewhere that one can travel on grace period of 3 months but no evidence of that.

Please let me know if there will be any issues for my daughter to enter UK with Indian password and MN1 certificate.Will be applying for British passport after we return to UK.

Kindly advise. Badly need suggestions.
The potential issue here is not with UK entry but departure from India. As your daughter's UK visa has expired she would face difficulty leaving India on an Indian passport