ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppycrmt

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Some for July/August applicants are still waiting.
esmsi wrote:At 9th January they are working on 3rd October. You lucky ,because all september applicant still waiting
tweetiebird wrote:
esmsi wrote:Please write date of approval
If this was directed at me, the date of approval was 9th January, date of delivery was 11th January.

turbo_charge
Newly Registered

RE: FOI Request Successful (Aug/Sep applicants)

Post by turbo_charge » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi Folks,

I made a FOI request this month regarding the number of applications received/completed in August and September. It looks like nearly 75% of August applications are sorted; however, September applications remain largely untouched.

Hope this helps in easing some of the anxiety that September applicants (like me) are facing.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _remain_un

Regards.

greenapple369

Re: RE: FOI Request Successful (Aug/Sep applicants)

Post by greenapple369 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:59 pm

turbo_charge wrote:Hi Folks,

I made a FOI request this month regarding the number of applications received/completed in August and September. It looks like nearly 75% of August applications are sorted; however, September applications remain largely untouched.

Hope this helps in easing some of the anxiety that September applicants (like me) are facing.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _remain_un

Regards.
Thank you very much. That really helps.

I have a question, you asked about SET(LR), it seemed they answered about SET(O)?

Many thanks!

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:13 pm

greenapple369 wrote: Thank you very much. That really helps.

I have a question, you asked about SET(LR), it seemed they answered about SET(O)?

Many thanks!
I agree, very helpful Richard thank you for this.. I am one of the 1190 September applicants so looks like we may have a little longer to wait than expected, but hey we've waited 10 years.. another few months is fine! :)

Well spotted greenapple, may have been a typo from the Home Office regarding the SET (O) form? as I believe the SET (LR) form came into use from April 2013, so assume all Aug/Sep applications must have been made with the SET (LR) form?

Regards
Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

greenapple369

Post by greenapple369 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm

britbanker wrote:
greenapple369 wrote: Thank you very much. That really helps.

Many thanks!
I agree, very helpful Richard thank you for this.. I am one of the 1190 September applicants so looks like we may have a little longer to wait than expected, but hey we've waited 10 years.. another few months is fine! :)

Well spotted greenapple, may have been a typo from the Home Office regarding the SET (O) form? as I believe the SET (LR) form came into use from April 2013, so assume all Aug/Sep applications must have been made with the SET (LR) form?

Regards
Nik
Thanks a lot for clarifying this.

turbo_charge
Newly Registered

Post by turbo_charge » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello again,

I cross-verfied this with other FOIs made via 'whatdotheyknow' and the number of overall applications received in August and September remain consistent (so yes, it is a typo). The aim of this FOI was to shed light upon numbers actually been completed, since a lot of members on here are facing anxiety about the outcome of their application.

I must say, ILR(LR) is one the slowest and the most expensive service a Western democracy can provide. The UKBA must be receiving around £1million annually from this route (assuming they receive approx 1000 applicantion per month with £1000 fees). Anyways.

Best of luck.

Richard
(psuedonym)

dinka
Newly Registered

Post by dinka » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Congrats tweetiebird. You r one lucky person.what form
Form did u apply on?

rezagh64
Newly Registered

Post by rezagh64 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Dear All,

I am writing in a hope to get some advise regarding my Brother. He came to the UK 8.5 years ago (he was 15) as a Student. His visa finishes in 2 months (March). Now here are my questions:

1 - Can we send his application early?
2 - If they reject it would he get appeal right?
3- What is this discretionary leave?

Any advise from people with same experience would really help.

Many thanks,
Reza

tweetiebird
Newly Registered

Post by tweetiebird » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:38 pm

dinka wrote:Congrats tweetiebird. You r one lucky person.what form
Form did u apply on?
Thanks Dinka. I applied on the normal set LR form. I was caught by surprise by the change from set (O) and the lack of a premium 1 day service, the application actually really messed with my work travel and I had to forfeit already paid for holidays. It is a very frustrating process. I wish you the best and much luck as well.

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 pm

tweetiebird wrote:
Form did u apply on?
Thanks Dinka. I applied on the normal set LR form. I was caught by surprise by the change from set (O) and the lack of a premium 1 day service, the application actually really messed with my work travel and I had to forfeit already paid for holidays. It is a very frustrating process. I wish you the best and much luck as well.
Congratulations on your ILR
Life is now stress free.Is it possible you could let us know how your ten year completed I mean student tier1 etc.
Regards
Raaz

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Form did u apply on?
It was more than luck. His employer expedited the case for him and Home Office must have found the grounds reasonable for them to push the application up the queue.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for ILR in Feb 2014 on 10 years long residence , i need to ask a question about english certificate.

I already submit my IELTS certificate on tier 2 VISA back in March 2010 with 6.0 band , do i need to retake the test below are my visa history

6 years student visa
3+2 year tier 2 general expiring April 2015...

your advice will be highly appreciated .....

tweetiebird
Newly Registered

Post by tweetiebird » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:49 pm

raaz0800 wrote:
tweetiebird wrote:
Form did u apply on?
Congratulations on your ILR
Life is now stress free.Is it possible you could let us know how your ten year completed I mean student tier1 etc.
Regards
Raaz
Hi Raaz,

The route was 8 years student (did all my uni education here) and 2 years post-study visa

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:55 am

boyb82 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for ILR in Feb 2014 on 10 years long residence , i need to ask a question about english certificate.

I already submit my IELTS certificate on tier 2 VISA back in March 2010 with 6.0 band , do i need to retake the test below are my visa history

6 years student visa

Hi
Your Ilets is already expired. If you got UK degree then just do lifr in the uk test but if not then B1 and life in the uk test.Go to pearson website and find your local location where this test is held.It is such an easy test ever.This is what I know about English requirements.
Regards
Raaz

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 am

After months and months of waiting, I have FINALLY received my decision from the UKBA!
They took their time and took £1000 from me but I have got it!

Someone please update the timeline for me.

Here is my timeline:

8 years student follow by 2 years PSW.

Application posted: 14/08/2013
Money taken out of Ac: NA but they are quick at doing it
Biometrics letter received: 29/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 03/09/2013
Approval letter & passports received: Still to come
Biometrics card : 15/01/2014
Last edited by ppycrmt on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks for your kind reply Raaz,
I also have that CIELT with grade C1(86-96% marks ) , which I did from college of excellence back in Feb 2011, and moreover that certificate does not have any expiry date on it .... so can I use that certificate..

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 am

ppycrmt wrote:After months and months of waiting, I have FINALLY received my decision from the UKBA!

Here is my timeline:

Dear ppycrmt

Congrats Mate finally good news, enjoy your freedom.
I am also waiting hope for the best for all you will all reap reward for patience :), my prayers with all of you who are waiting like me :)

Regards for all.

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am

boyb82 wrote:Thanks for your kind reply Raaz,
I also have that CIELT with grade C1(86-96% marks ) , which I did from college of excellence back in Feb 2011, and moreover that certificate does not have any expiry date on it .... so can I use that certificate..
You need to check ukba website if it is acceptable or not but this is the requirements after 28th October 2013.I have submitted my application in November but I have uk masters degree so I had no problem at all.Make sure you fo the right thing. Do B1 if the course you mentioned is not in the list.leave no chance of refusal.
Raaz

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks, I hope for the best for everyone on here.
JTF2007 wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:After months and months of waiting, I have FINALLY received my decision from the UKBA!

Here is my timeline:

Dear ppycrmt

Congrats Mate finally good news, enjoy your freedom.
I am also waiting hope for the best for all you will all reap reward for patience :), my prayers with all of you who are waiting like me :)

Regards for all.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

6 years student visa

Your IELTS is valid for settlement and citizenship application. I have emailed home office regarding expired IELTS validity for ILR application and got the following reply.

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement that came in to force on 28th October 2013.

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) qualification awarded by Cambridge English (previously known as Cambridge ESOL), which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above, is an acceptable qualification for the purposes of demonstrating language ability for settlement and citizenship purposes.

Please note that the 2 year validity attached to these qualifications only applies to entry clearance applications and are therefore still accepted for settlement and citizenship applications after this validity date.

Applicants will also need to show that they have passed the life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Mrs C Richards
Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit
Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office
Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP.

bcyoung
Newly Registered

Post by bcyoung » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi all,

My husband's ILR arrived today after applying on SET(LR)
Send: 2/9/13
Ack letter: 5/9/13
Bio enrolled: 25 or 28/9/13 (thereabouts, he's not 100% sure)
ILR received: 15/1/14
Passport/documents/approval letter: waiting

It was a straightforward application, 6 years student, 4 years Tier 2. He sent passport, BRP and KOL test pass only. He had been out of the country for about 500 days in 10 years over lots of trips, including one 5 month trip to Australia. We didn't have passport stamps for any of the flights out of the UK and into Australia, but we worked out the dates from old diaries etc. We didn't do an SAR, didn't use a soliciter.

I'll now be applying for SET(M) - we are going to try for the direct switch, as I've been here as his spouse for seven years - as soon as I've done my KOL test.

As a bonus piece of good news, we are expecting a baby, and this ILR mean our baby will be a British citizen from birth!

Thanks everyone for this board, it's been so full of useful advice, and the updates have helped keep us upbeat and positive to see progress slowly happening. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope other September applicants start to see good news too.

amit1009
Newly Registered

Post by amit1009 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:16 pm

bcyoung wrote:Hi all,

It was a straightforward application, 6 years student, 4 years Tier 2. He sent passport, BRP and KOL test pass only. He had been out of the country for about 500 days in 10 years over lots of trips, including one 5 month trip to Australia. We didn't have passport stamps for any of the flights out of the UK and into Australia, but we worked out the dates from old diaries etc. We didn't do an SAR, didn't use a soliciter.

I'll now be applying for SET(M) - we are going to try for the direct switch, as I've been here as his spouse for seven years - as soon as I've done my KOL test.

As a bonus piece of good news, we are expecting a baby, and this ILR mean our baby will be a British citizen from birth!

Thanks everyone for this board, it's been so full of useful advice, and the updates have helped keep us upbeat and positive to see progress slowly happening. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope other September applicants start to see good news too.

Well done! Finally a September applicant gets an ILR!

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:30 pm

amit1009 wrote:
bcyoung wrote:Hi all,

Congratulations

Well done! Finally a September applicant gets an ILR!

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:32 pm

March_LR14 wrote:

6 years student visa

Very good I never knew that. Very helpful for many people

Your IELTS is valid for settlement and citizenship application. I have emailed home office regarding expired IELTS validity for ILR application and got the following reply.

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement that came in to force on 28th October 2013.

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) qualification awarded by Cambridge English (previously known as Cambridge ESOL), which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above, is an acceptable qualification for the purposes of demonstrating language ability for settlement and citizenship purposes.

Please note that the 2 year validity attached to these qualifications only applies to entry clearance applications and are therefore still accepted for settlement and citizenship applications after this validity date.

Applicants will also need to show that they have passed the life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Mrs C Richards
Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit
Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office
Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP.

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Dear All members.

Asslam-o-Aliekum ( Peace and blessing upon you all)

Alhamdolilah (Thank God), By the Grace of All mighty Allah, he has blessed me with Ilr today. Thank you Allah.

My Time line is :

6 years Student + 2 years PSW + 2 Years T1 (General)

Application posted: 12/08/2013
Money taken out of Ac: 22/08/13 Chq
Biometrics letter received: 17/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 18/09/2013

I would like to Thank this forum and their all members specially Amber, Shayan, Meb4ne1 and finally ppycrmt.

Thank you all and my prayers with all of you who are still waiting believe me you are nearly there.

Kind Regards

Plz update my details on Sky drive: yeppppyy