ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TurboA
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by TurboA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:15 pm

@ Soni1 Sorry to hear of your partner's refusal. I am really keen to know the contents of the refusal letter because you do have a strong case. Be strong because it is just a matter of time you will emerge victorious eventually. I would guess your partner feels frustrated with the waiting, it really gets to you and that is the intention of the HO...try not to let this happen. The devil is a LIAR! You shall be victorious

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Congratulations to all who have been victorious and for those that have been refused please do not give up that's what I am trying to do.

Well I was wondering if anyone has ever represented themselves here when it has come to PAP and is it possible? By that I mean sent a letter out threatening a JR and I know when it comes to the rest of the JR it would require legal assistance.
Also have there been any success stories with the PAP?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm

rina wrote:Congratulations to all who have been victorious and for those that have been refused please do not give up that's what I am trying to do.

Well I was wondering if anyone has ever represented themselves here when it has come to PAP and is it possible? By that I mean sent a letter out threatening a JR and I know when it comes to the rest of the JR it would require legal assistance.
Hiya love, @nilemarques has done his own PAP letter, but he is still waiting for response....
@Al Haqq is getting results from a PAP letter I believe
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:Congratulations to all who have been victorious and for those that have been refused please do not give up that's what I am trying to do.

Hiya love, @nilemarques has done his own PAP letter, but he is still waiting for response....
Hi Verbina hun so nice to see you still on here and thanks for info. Now I am goin to haunt @nilemarques and @ Al Haqq.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hi Verbina hun so nice to see you still on here and thanks for info. Now I am goin to haunt @nilemarques and @ Al Haqq.
Yep! You do that hun! x

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Seneca wrote:
adetaq wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

Today had a telephone conversation with my solicitor and she told me the Home Office have requested to provide further documentary evidence by 23rd Jan 2014 to show that I have been living with my partner from January 2011 to January 2013. I have already provided them almost all the documents we have. We have been together over 5 years now . Anyway I did find some more documents like TV licence, car insurance, council tax bill, aa membership letter, revenue letters, some more bank statements, sky bills, virgin bills and utility bills which are spread over requested duration but there is a big gap around from sep 2011 – march 2012 to which I am unable to find any documents.Do you think this might create any issues? Will again look tomorrow and it’s time to make more mess now. I have also contacted our surgery to ask if they can write a letter confirming our registered address with duration.

Do you think is there anything else I should include which I might be missing? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Also is it a good or bad sign that they are asking for more documents?

Regards

Hi I am just in a similar situation as yours although your case seems stronger because I have only lived with My partner for only 1yr 6months. I applied on 26/nov/2013 and was asked for further information on 31/12/13 which I submitted on the 14th/01/14, however I also had a gap between October 2012 to May 2013. I couldn't find much and just submitted 2 letters from friends, a receipt and 2 uni letters ( very scanty indeed) also wrote letter explaining that my partner was in charge of bills due to my immig status.

To answer your question, from experience on the forum a request for additional information is viewed as a positive thing, however I now have my doubts and kind of very worried especially after Soni1 decision. Good luck to you

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:43 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="rina"]Congratulations to all who have been victorious and for those that have been refused please do not give up that's what I am trying to do.

Also have there been any success stories with the PAP?[/quote]

@Al Haqq is getting results from a PAP letter I believe[/quote]

That's right Verbina. @ Rina, I did send out a PAP and got no response from them after over a month. By law, they should respond within a month but they clearly break their own guidelines and the law. It's shameful that no is held accountable for the blatant disregard of their very own guidelines and policies. So I've had to resort to the JR. I also believe that the HO are also dragging their feet when it comes to the JR's as well. Al Haqq and Elastep explained that in a previous post( a page or 2 previously). I also sent a link which I'll resend, about the days in JR's.

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2014/01/ ... iew-cases/
And a quick guide of JR process- http://www.leighday.co.uk/LeighDay/medi ... f?ext=.pdf.
You can go on the Judiciary website.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:49 pm

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:

That's right Verbina. @ Rina, I did send out a PAP and got no response from them after over a month. By law, they should respond within a month but they clearly break their own guidelines and the law. It's shameful that no is held accountable for the blatant disregard of their very own guidelines and policies. So I've had to resort to the JR. I also believe that the HO are also dragging their feet when it comes to the JR's as well. Al Haqq and Elastep explained that in a previous post( a page or 2 previously). I also sent a link which I'll resend, about the days in JR's.

And a quick guide of JR process- http://www.leighday.co.uk/LeighDay/medi ... f?ext=.pdf.
You can go on the Judiciary website.
@ Nilemarques please check your inbox.

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:59 pm

hi everyone I just got my partners refusal letter.It is typical one.stupid reasons for refusal including some appendix FM.My solicitors wants to send Pap because they think their are some error of laws in the decision.So we are going for this and then JR.please tell me is this the right thing which in my opinion is yes.Although we tell them that we met in 2010 ang gave prove from 2011
Last edited by Soni 1 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:14 pm

[quote="rina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="rina"]Congratulations to all who have been victorious and for those that have been refused please do not give up that's what I am trying to do.

Also have there been any success stories with the PAP?[/quote]

@Al Haqq is getting results from a PAP letter I believe[/quote]

You can go on the Judiciary website.[/quote]

@ Nilemarques please check your inbox.[/quote]

Hi Rina. Inbox please!

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Anyone reply please

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote="Soni 1"]Anyone reply please[/quote]

Hi Soni 1. It seems like a reasonable suggestion. There aren't too many choices quite frankly. Unless if you want to send a reconsideration letter which, quite frankly they won't reply to. I think there is ample proof somewhere on the forum. I hope that answers your question. I'm sure others would agree.

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm

TurboA wrote:
Seneca wrote:
adetaq wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

Today had a telephone conversation with my solicitor and she told me the Home Office have requested to provide further documentary evidence by 23rd Jan 2014 to show that I have been living with my partner from January 2011 to January 2013. I have already provided them almost all the documents we have. We have been together over 5 years now . Anyway I did find some more documents like TV licence, car insurance, council tax bill, aa membership letter, revenue letters, some more bank statements, sky bills, virgin bills and utility bills which are spread over requested duration but there is a big gap around from sep 2011 – march 2012 to which I am unable to find any documents.Do you think this might create any issues? Will again look tomorrow and it’s time to make more mess now. I have also contacted our surgery to ask if they can write a letter confirming our registered address with duration.

Do you think is there anything else I should include which I might be missing? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Also is it a good or bad sign that they are asking for more documents?

Regards

Hi I am just in a similar situation as yours although your case seems stronger because I have only lived with My partner for only 1yr 6months. I applied on 26/nov/2013 and was asked for further information on 31/12/13 which I submitted on the 14th/01/14, however I also had a gap between October 2012 to May 2013. I couldn't find much and just submitted 2 letters from friends, a receipt and 2 uni letters ( very scanty indeed) also wrote letter explaining that my partner was in charge of bills due to my immig status.

To answer your question, from experience on the forum a request for additional information is viewed as a positive thing, however I now have my doubts and kind of very worried especially after Soni1 decision. Good luck to you
@ Seneca – Thanks a lot for replying. I have collated some more documents today and will keep digging. As my partner has also applied for BC at the same time, we have sent some documentation that’s why running out of them. Let’s hope everything goes well. INSHA ALLAH

@ Al Haqq – The only issue is that we moved out from that property in Oct 2012 and don’t have same providers so it’s hard for me get those bills. I did tried to get in touch with them but unfortunately they were unable to provide any help. Anyway I still managed to find some more letters, some council tax bills and letters dated pre 2011 also have asked my previous landlord to give me copy of agreement which should be great help as it will state that we been living there since March 2010 – Oct 2012. Will be submitting them to my solicitor on Monday and see what happens. Thanks a lot

@ Verbina – INSHA ALLAH let’s hope for the best and thank you for wishing me luck.

@ TurboA – The gap is what I am worried about that’s it. All the best for your application and INSHA ALLAH good news is just one step away.

PS: Home office has advised my solicitor to scan and email these documents. Was wondering is it normal they ask like that? I think they usually request them via post?

You all have been great help.

Ta

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 am

Apologies rina,
I have just seen your post.
Yes, it is possible. All you need to do is make sure you send the PAP in the right format, otherwise it will disregarded. Yes I did mine and I got a response which they did not send until about 2 weeks before the deadline of the 3 months, I believe this was to deter me from going ahead.I hope this was helpful.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:08 am

@adetaq
Hi,
Glad to hear you found some more documents. However, I would not worry too much about it. As a suggestion you could inform your Solicitor to write a letter explaining why you do not have other bills. it may work better if you write it yourself.
With regards to email, I understand the HO are trying to become more tech. wise.(At least it will stop them saying they have lost 15 boxes of peoples documents). Good luck and good news soon.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 am

ale001 wrote:hi everyone just to ask this question for someone

Can a Citizen of another country like US citizen, Canadian citizen, German citizen, can any Citizen leave his/her country and marry an illegal immigrant in another country?

For instance:

Can a US citizen fly to UK and marry illegal immigrant for the purpose of joining the US citizen in the US.

Is it possible?
Hi, I see no problem with this, If the get the approval to get married here.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 am

ale001 wrote:hi everyone just to ask this question for someone

Can a Citizen of another country like US citizen, Canadian citizen, German citizen, can any Citizen leave his/her country and marry an illegal immigrant in another country?

For instance:

Can a US citizen fly to UK and marry illegal immigrant for the purpose of joining the US citizen in the US.

Is it possible?
Hi, I see no problem with this, If the get the approval to get married here. I believe the marriage is valid in the US. The only issue is the illegal immigrant should avoid deportation. If the individual has no deportation record, they would be able to migrate to the US with their partner.Although it may mean them returning to their home country.

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 am

Soni 1 wrote:Anyone reply please
Hey soni1 I hope you have a clearer picture of what you are going to do now, judicial review sounds like a good idea. What are the exact reasons for refusal? I know you said Something to do with FM but that is very wide. There are ppl with much weaker cases than yours who are given so I don't understand what UKBA is doing. Your partner would be granted eventually though so don't worry too much, just keep at them. Best of luck. I am praying for you.

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:48 am

MissA wrote:
Soni 1 wrote:Anyone reply please
Hey soni1 I hope you have a clearer picture of what you are going to do now, judicial review sounds like a good idea. What are the exact reasons for refusal? I know you said Something to do with FM but that is very wide. There are ppl with much weaker cases than yours who are given so I don't understand what UKBA is doing. Your partner would be granted eventually though so don't worry too much, just keep at them. Best of luck. I am praying for you.
@MissA thanks for reply actually they said you have not married as in uk law ,although we applied as unmarried partners and they think that we are not living as partner for two years ,although we provide two years evidence and some photographic and other documents before two years as well and that he has no tie with my children ,although we show this in pictures.i am very worried but I am kind of happy and thankful for your reply.and waiting for good news for yourself. Thanks anyway.you know my solicitor was very upset and she stated straight away that I want to go for Jr thanks any way.

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi can some one tell me the scene in a court room if you going for appeal. is it scary and how do they act there. Please fily us a I need to ease my tension on it for that day and how long does it take to get an appeal day with the recent refulals?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 pm

majojo wrote:Hi can some one tell me the scene in a court room if you going for appeal. is it scary and how do they act there. Please fily us a I need to ease my tension on it for that day and how long does it take to get an appeal day with the recent refulals?
Hiya love, I cant say from personal experience with immigration court, but its definitely not at all scary! You ve not got anything to worry about! Have you got your date yet?

Crazyhorse68

Post by Crazyhorse68 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi All
My time line for extension
Date applied/Docs sent : 11/12/2013
Date acknowledgement received:14/12/2013
Date Biometric letter received :02/01/2014
Date Biometric done PO :04/01/2014
Brp received :20/01/2014
Brp Dated :17/01/2017
I wish you all good luck ...
Thanks very much to moderators

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm

zodiac68 wrote:Hi All
My time line for extension
Date applied/Docs sent : 11/12/2013
Date acknowledgement received:14/12/2013
Date Biometric letter received :02/01/2014
Date Biometric done PO :04/01/2014
Brp received :20/01/2014
Brp Dated :17/01/2017
I wish you all good luck ...
Thanks very much to moderators
Congratulation can you please share your story thanks

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Al Haqq wrote:@adetaq
Hi,
Glad to hear you found some more documents. However, I would not worry too much about it. As a suggestion you could inform your Solicitor to write a letter explaining why you do not have other bills. it may work better if you write it yourself.
With regards to email, I understand the HO are trying to become more tech. wise.(At least it will stop them saying they have lost 15 boxes of peoples documents). Good luck and good news soon.
Evening all,

Went to meet my solicitor earlier today with all documents which I could gather and she was satisfied with what I have provided. She just sent an email confirming that all of my documents have been emailed to the Home Office. I also told her to mention that I am fully able to provide additional evidence by way of letters from my G.P, should this be appropriate.

Just waiting now.... Tik tok tik tok !!!

Good luck to everyone and INSHA ALLAH everything will go fine. Just hang on and don’t give up.

Regards

PS. I did try to get in touch with my GP today but unfortunately the secretary is off until Tuesday and will take 3-5 working days to get the letter sorted which are past my deadline.

@ Al Haqq – Thanks a lot for your concern, much appreciated and please remember me in your prayers.
@ Zodiac68 – Congratulations and yes do share your side of story.

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 pm

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi can some one tell me the scene in a court room if you going for appeal. is it scary and how do they act there. Please fily us a I need to ease my tension on it for that day and how long does it take to get an appeal day with the recent refulals?
Hiya love, I cant say from personal experience with immigration court, but its definitely not at all scary! You ve not got anything to worry about! Have you got your date yet?
hello sweets i have not got a date yet but i am told i will soon. so am hoping i will get a date very son so God will handle my case for me thnks by the way xxxxx