ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fees status of family member of EAA, pls help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dodewerk
Newly Registered

fees status of family member of EAA, pls help!

Post by dodewerk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi there, can anyone clarify if as a family member of an EEA national, do I qualify to pay uni fees at the Home/EU rate? I understand that to qualify, one must been residing in the UK for the three years prior to the start of the course which main purpose of your residence must not have been to receive full-time education. I feel like I qualify - pls look at my residence history ( which I wrote to the university but they have not been very helpful).

I am a Singapore passport holder who has been residing in the UK continuously since September 2005. I was in full time education and on a student visa until March 2011, when I switched to the Post-Study Work Visa (Tier1). I became a civil partner with an EEA national on the July 2012, and have since became a family dependant of an EEA national practicing his treaty rights in the UK, and currently hold a residence card (issued september 2013) reflecting this new residence status. As I am an EEA family member, and will not have been in full time education for 3 years when the course commences in September 2014, am I therefore considered as an 'ordinary resident of the UK' and will be entitled to EU student fees? I suppose this is also a clarification that the post-study work visa that I was on can indeed constitute the 3 year period outside of full time education required for the entitlement.

Eternally grateful..

vinny

Re: fees status of family member of EAA, pls help!

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.