ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Study Work Dependent minimum 6 months problem?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post Study Work Dependent minimum 6 months problem?

Post by vinoit » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in Tier 1 Post Study Work expires on 20th September 2013. I get married recently. I planned to bring my wife as a dependent. She going to apply on 18th March 2013.I will extend my visa by Tier-2(General) by my employer sponsorship by the end of July. So no problem in switching from PSW. All documents are ready for dependent visa but my only concern is will she get Dependent Visa because i have exactly 6 months 2 days on application date.

These are the points she have to check before applying

Code: Select all

Before you apply, you must:

prepare the supporting documents that you will need;
be tested to show that you do not have tuberculosis
if you are applying for a UK visa of longer than 6 months;
be ready to enrol your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information) at one of our visa application centres; and
be able to pay the visa application fee. The Visa application fees and guides pages explain how much your visa application will cost. 
From this UKBA saying she have to apply visa for longer than 6 months. Will they reject it?
I am really worrying about this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I don't think you should have a problem in securing a dependant visa for your wife. There is no requirement for you to have a min of 6 months visa for her to make a valid application as far as I know.

The mention of 6 months in the requirements is about about the need for her providing her biometric details.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:I don't think you should have a problem in securing a dependant visa for your wife. There is no requirement for you to have a min of 6 months visa for her to make a valid application as far as I know.

The mention of 6 months in the requirements is about about the need for her providing her biometric details.
Thanks a lot Sheffield_Marketeer. It helps. Got Visa

areej4499
Newly Registered

Re: Post Study Work Dependent minimum 6 months problem?

Post by areej4499 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:08 pm

i also need this info that ukba vl refuse my visa if i apply as a dependant at the tym my husband has left 5 months in his psw visa?????? plzzz let me know....