ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tagb2000

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by tagb2000 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 am

Zazam

That's really bizarre as I emailed Abu Dhabi and they replied stating that all settlement visa were completed in Islamabad and not there.

Keep is in your duas.

sara567
Newly Registered

Post by sara567 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:08 am

Zazam wrote:
RONZ wrote:I also applied on the following :

Applied on : 16\12\2013
forward to ISL OC : 17\12\2013
No Status changed since and we are still waiting ..............[/quote

Hi we applied 20th Dec and ours also is forward to ISLAMABAD, I phoned embassy today, and they said everyones applications is different and that forwarded to ISLAMABAD meant it was under process :S still quite baffling in comparison to other peoples status, but if in doubt u should really just phone the embassy to give u a piece of mind. on the phone they said people whos status changes to under process at BHC meant their application nhas been sent to Abu Dhabi, :/ just email or phone.

Hi there
I'm in the same situation as you .my husband applied on the 24th December and his status is still on application forwarded to islamabad oc.so does it mean if your status doesn't change , the decision about your case will be taken in Pakistan ?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 am

Received this e-mail today

Your visa application reference number:LHE.... is under process at the British High Commission.

An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is  returned and is available for collection at the application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
Visa Application Centre.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

samera123

Post by samera123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am

Received this email from bhc today... Thank you for your e-mail of 10 January 2014, enquiring about the progress of your husband’s application. I can confirm that this case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe at present.
You can also check progress of the application via Gerry’s website (http://www.ukvacpk.com/) and click on ‘Track Your Application’ on the left-hand side of the page.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:37 am

samera123 wrote:Received this email from bhc today... Thank you for your e-mail of 10 January 2014, enquiring about the progress of your husband’s application. I can confirm that this case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe at present.
You can also check progress of the application via Gerry’s website (http://www.ukvacpk.com/) and click on ‘Track Your Application’ on the left-hand side of the page.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
If our cases r on hold... Would we still get these replays or would they tell us in the email that we r on hold ??

samera123

Post by samera123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 am

If its on hold usually they send an email and letter out...what is happening about ur case??

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:54 am

samera123 wrote:If its on hold usually they send an email and letter out...what is happening about ur case??
Mines on hold too but I thought because we sent additional documents maybe they'll tell us in email if it's still on hold or if the documents wer accepted maybe ??

samera123

Post by samera123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 am

Yeh I dont understand how long will it take for these final checks to be carried out...

ash2006

Post by ash2006 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:35 am

got a letter from my mp a letter sent to mp on my behalf i know got the letter by post and it says unfortunetely your application has been deferred etc for further enquires which are continuing, i regret i cannot give an approximate time scale, when a decision is will be made on this case,once enquires is completed the visa section will contact mrs ??????/ then there is a letter of the actual defferal letter

it says its likely your application will take longer than usual to conclude, in many cases we are undertaking additional checks on sponsors income and employment, if you have not submitted the required evidence to demonstrate your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshlold your application will be delayed........... ( im sure i have met the income, i also provided 9 mnths bank statements and payslips,

on the bottom of the letter it says if u want your passport back etc while your application remains on hold contact so and so
what does that mean, when in the main letter there no mention of hold, im really confused right now
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 pm

ash2006 wrote:got a letter from my mp a letter sent to mp on my behalf i know got the letter by post and it says unfortunetely your application has been deferred etc for further enquires which are continuing, i regret i cannot give an approximate time scale, when a decision is will be made on this case,once enquires is completed the visa section will contact mrs ??????/ then there is a letter of the actual defferal letter

it says its likely your application will take longer than usual to conclude, in many cases we are undertaking additional checks on sponsors income and employment, if you have not submitted the required evidence to demonstrate your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshlold your application will be delayed........... ( im sure i have met the income, i also provided 9 mnths bank statements and payslips,

on the bottom of the letter it says if u want your passport back etc while your application remains on hold contact so and so
what does that mean, when in the main letter there no mention of hold, im really confused right now
From reading abvoe i think they are saying it will take sometime for checks etc if yu want yur pasport back meanwhile the checks been carried out then do so and so. Upon completion of their checks and when the case is concluded with a poisitve outcome then yu wil be asked to submit yur pasport.

Majority of us are more than 100% sure that we meet minimum income threshold and have had submitted prove to show for it but that is not always the case as yu can see the number of people being put on hold. This delay cannot be blamed upon bhc on its entirity because to some extent we ourselves are to blame.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 pm

ash2006 wrote:got a letter from my mp a letter sent to mp on my behalf i know got the letter by post and it says unfortunetely your application has been deferred etc for further enquires which are continuing, i regret i cannot give an approximate time scale, when a decision is will be made on this case,once enquires is completed the visa section will contact mrs ??????/ then there is a letter of the actual defferal letter

I also got the same letter in end of November.but our Mp said it's just apology letter for their delays.
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

ash2006

Post by ash2006 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Forlorn wrote:

I also got the same letter in end of November.but our Mp said it's just apology letter for their delays.

i dont even know what do, /.
Last edited by ash2006 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Well, this is a problem for everyone. There are no 'clear' answers, just delay. I still seem to think it's immigration control. 'Let so many in, in any given month'.

Those who do not meet the requirements, sadly, the visas are rejected.

Ash, not sure on your situation if you're going to be made redundant. Reason being, if you were in employment at the time of application and your spouse gets their visa, then fair enough. It's obviously a problem if you are made redundant from your job and they ring your employer only to find out that you're no longer working there.

It seems to be a never ending headache. I feel this is exactly what they want, the stress which is caused is pretty much unbearable for people. This will then put off anyone who wants to marry from the continent.

My wife's application, pretty much, has been silent. No update from the e-mails I've sent to them. I'll just await when the status changes. Still stuck on forwarded to islamabad oc.

Oh the joys of spouse visa. :D

ash2006

Post by ash2006 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 pm

its just a headache, im 100 % CONVINCED I MET THE REQUIREMENTS of income, also i provided 9 months bank statements and wage slips maybe they doing check with each one i dunno, but the latest letter i got from them has me worried and i dont know what they want, they go they dont want further documents and there doing checks etc
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:06 pm

ash2006 wrote:its just a headache, im 100 % CONVINCED I MET THE REQUIREMENTS of income, also i provided 9 months bank statements and wage slips maybe they doing check with each one i dunno, but the latest letter i got from them has me worried and i dont know what they want, they go they dont want further documents and there doing checks etc
Just out of interest why did you send 9 payslips/statements?

Did you apply under category A, or category B?

Are you paid 4 weekly, or monthly with a gross of £1550/month?

Have you confirmed with your employer if they have contacted them to confirm your employment?

ash2006

Post by ash2006 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm

prayforus wrote:
ash2006 wrote:its just a headache, im 100 % CONVINCED I MET THE REQUIREMENTS of income, also i provided 9 months bank statements and wage slips maybe they doing check with each one i dunno, but the latest letter i got from them has me worried and i dont know what they want, they go they dont want further documents and there doing checks etc
Just out of interest why did you send 9 payslips/statements?

Did you apply under category A, or category B?

Are you paid 4 weekly, or monthly with a gross of £1550/month?

Have you confirmed with your employer if they have contacted them to confirm your employment?
i sent 9 months cause i was 9 months in to my job initally i was gonna send 6 months but due to my wife tb and english testing in delayed caused me to just send all the slips i had at the time, im a employed gross of £1600/ month i got like £406/7 tax roughly, i made roughly £1345 similar eARNINGS each month, and no they havent contacted my employer, im always next to the main phone where i work and he has told me no contact from them have been made
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Salaam All,

My husband received a phone call today from the British High Comission. He was told that the marriage certificate we submitted was not valid, yet we had this checked before we sent off the application and were told it was sufficient. We need an english translated nikaah nama. Need some advice. Can anyone advise me how we go about getting english translated nikaah nama? Do we need to get this from where we were married or can we get this from any other city council? Do we need all the signatures of the witnesses on the urdu nikaah nama? I know that I will have to sign it, so my husband will have to send it to me from Pakistan and then I will have to send it back.

Is is likely if this was the only issue that visa will be granted? My husband was told to submit the paperwork at the visa application centre where original application was made. I am a little worried any advice would be greatly appreciated.

zaman1989
Newly Registered

Post by zaman1989 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi everyone

I have been following this forum for a while now since before applying for my wifes visa.

My wife applied on 14th October 2013
Received at BHC 31st October

I am self employed and earning well over the minimum income requirements.

Still no reply.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi zazam
Sorry can't see your pm, not allowed to use that function yet.... :roll:

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm

[quote="SHAHFAISAL"]Salaam All,

Hi,

I think the best person to undertake translation would be a certified translator. Do you have a solicitor? If you do, you can perhaps ask them if they use anyone for their interpreting that speaks, writes and can read Urdu.

I can't remember where I got my translation undertaken from or even by who. I'll check and let you know. It might help. I'm pretty sure you don't need all the witness signatures again though

Naila

Post by Naila » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm

zaman1989 wrote:Hi everyone

I have been following this forum for a while now since before applying for my wifes visa.

Still no reply.
Whr did u submit ur application

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:22 pm

SHAHFAISAL wrote:Salaam All,

My husband received a phone call today from the British High Comission. He was told that the marriage certificate we submitted was not valid, yet we had this checked before we sent off the application and were told it was sufficient. We need an english translated nikaah nama. Need some advice. Can anyone advise me how we go about getting english translated nikaah nama? Do we need to get this from where we were married or can we get this from any other city council? Do we need all the signatures of the witnesses on the urdu nikaah nama? I know that I will have to sign it, so my husband will have to send it to me from Pakistan and then I will have to send it back.

Is is likely if this was the only issue that visa will be granted? My husband was told to submit the paperwork at the visa application centre where original application was made. I am a little worried any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey you can get ur nika nama translated in Pakistan, any city. Take the original to a lawyer
( I think lawyers I'm not sure or maybe someone else? Correct me if I'm wrong)
They translate it into English for you.I don't think everyone has to sign it, we didn't do that,cause its just a translation right?

Probably if that's all they asked for then yeh you might get it, who knows...

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi Sophia have u contacted them regarding whether ur application is under process? Mine is Also still forwarded to Islamabad OC :/

And u can get married certificate translated in Pakistan, and u do not need to sign it again.
... Rubbish

zaman1989
Newly Registered

Post by zaman1989 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Naila wrote:
zaman1989 wrote:Hi everyone

Still no reply.
Whr did u submit ur application
My wife submitted in Islamabad

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:31 pm

sophia20 wrote:
SHAHFAISAL wrote:Salaam All,

Hey you can get ur nika nama translated in Pakistan, any city. Take the original to a lawyer
( I think lawyers I'm not sure or maybe someone else? Correct me if I'm wrong)
They translate it into English for you.I don't think everyone has to sign it, we didn't do that,cause its just a translation right?

Probably if that's all they asked for then yeh you might get it, who knows...
Actually, I think Sophia is right. Whatever district or town your marriage ceremony took place in should be able to provide a translation. You should probably get your husband to contact them if he's over there. I just remembered that what's my wife's family did from Pakistan too and that's how we got out translation.

Ignore the interpreter idea and solicitor as I'm not sure if they're actually even allowed to translate it because they nikkah Nama doesn't originate from them