ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residency Info required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Perdesi007

ILR Long Residency Info required

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for my ILR next month on long residency basis (10 years). I entered in the UK on 11.02.2004 as a student which continued till aug 2008, i then got Fresh Talent (post study work visa) and in 2010 I changed my visa to T1 General. Currently I am on 2nd extension of T1 General which will expire in April 2015. I have got a few questions to ask before I apply for my ILR on 10 years completion in the UK:

Q.1 Which Form do I need to fill in ? Please write the name of the application form.

Q.2. What documents do i need to send in? any Bills , bank statements? Someone told me to send in the bill from each year. Is this true that I have to send in the bills for each year from previous 10 years? If i do not have the bills can I send my credit card or debit card statements?

Q.3 How many bank statements would be needed by HO? Previous 3 months or 6 months? Any balance required in bank statements?

Q.4. As I am on T1 General visa now but applying on ILR on long residency base , Do I still need to prove that I am earning more than 26K a year?

Q.5 My qualification (masters degree) is from the UK university, Do i still need to take the English language test? I did not take IELTS exam in my previous visa extensions as I never needed it before, my University and the degree course is enlisted in points based calculator's list. By the way I took Ielts in 2003, although it's expired but i still have got the certificate with me.

Seniors Please answer all these questions as soon as possible So i can gather the documents and prepare my file.

Thank you all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Long Residency Info required

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Perdesi007 wrote:Hi All,

I am due to apply for my ILR next month on long residency basis (10 years). I entered in the UK on 11.02.2004 as a student which continued till aug 2008, i then got Fresh Talent (post study work visa) and in 2010 I changed my visa to T1 General. Currently I am on 2nd extension of T1 General which will expire in April 2015. I have got a few questions to ask before I apply for my ILR on 10 years completion in the UK:

Q.1 Which Form do I need to fill in ? Please write the name of the application form. Set(LR) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... formlr.pdf

Q.2. What documents do i need to send in? any Bills , bank statements? Someone told me to send in the bill from each year. Is this true that I have to send in the bills for each year from previous 10 years? If i do not have the bills can I send my credit card or debit card statements? Passports covering the full 10 years residence and BRP

Q.3 How many bank statements would be needed by HO? Previous 3 months or 6 months? Any balance required in bank statements? None

Q.4. As I am on T1 General visa now but applying on ILR on long residency base , Do I still need to prove that I am earning more than 26K a year? No

Q.5 My qualification (masters degree) is from the UK university, Do i still need to take the English language test? I did not take IELTS exam in my previous visa extensions as I never needed it before, my University and the degree course is enlisted in points based calculator's list. By the way I took Ielts in 2003, although it's expired but i still have got the certificate with me. No, Masters degree will be sufficient plus Life in the UK Pass certificate.

Seniors Please answer all these questions as soon as possible So i can gather the documents and prepare my file.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Thank you so much CR001 for such a quick reply. Really appreciate it. :D

opty88

Post by opty88 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:12 pm

I am not a senior member but hope this helps
Perdesi007 wrote:Hi All,

Q.1 Which Form do I need to fill in ? Please write the name of the application form.
SET (LR)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

Q.2. What documents do i need to send in? any Bills , bank statements? Someone told me to send in the bill from each year. Is this true that I have to send in the bills for each year from previous 10 years? If i do not have the bills can I send my credit card or debit card statements?

No need for bills if you've got all your passport documenting 10 year stay in UK

Q.3 How many bank statements would be needed by HO? Previous 3 months or 6 months? Any balance required in bank statements?
none requested by HO

Q.4. As I am on T1 General visa now but applying on ILR on long residency base , Do I still need to prove that I am earning more than 26K a year?

No required

Q.5 My qualification (masters degree) is from the UK university, Do i still need to take the English language test? I did not take IELTS exam in my previous visa extensions as I never needed it before, my University and the degree course is enlisted in points based calculator's list. By the way I took Ielts in 2003, although it's expired but i still have got the certificate with me.

you should be fine

Dont forget Life in the UK test

Keep application simple as you can.

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Thank you guys for your responses. I have booked my Life in the UK test and will be taking it on 05.02.2014. I hope I do well in it :)

Thank you once again for your replies and making this forum the best place to get the immigration info.