ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Documents & Fee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marsenal

Form AN Documents & Fee

Post by marsenal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi all, some basic questions (but I cannot seem to easily find answers)...

1. I will be going through NCS and am wondering if the following are sufficient for supporting documents. I am applying on the basis of 5 years + 1 ILR. Documents I intend to bring with the AN form are:
a. Current Foreign Passport
b. Biometric Residence Permit
c. Life in the UK certificate
d. Letter confirming ILR granted

Is there anything else that I should also bring?

2. When people mention the payment slip, where do I find this? I intend to pay the £874 via CC. Will this be provided at the NCS?

Many thanks once gain for the help!

InUkOnHsmp

Re: Form AN Documents & Fee

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi Marsenal,

1) Make sure you carry the same identity proof as you did for your LIUK test
2) Do not see any KOLL proof?
3) Carry as much correspondence as you have from UKBA, my NCS person took copies of all, just to provide as much context as possible to the case worker.
4) Doesnt look like this is a joint application, else you would have to take a copy of your marriage certificate etc.

The payment form can be found at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf
Challenges make life worth it!

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Marsenal,

1) Make sure you carry the same identity proof as you did for your LIUK test
2) Do not see any KOLL proof?
3) Carry as much correspondence as you have from UKBA, my NCS person took copies of all, just to provide as much context as possible to the case worker.
4) Doesnt look like this is a joint application, else you would have to take a copy of your marriage certificate etc.

The payment form can be found at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf
Thank you very much for the quick response. Indeed this is an application just for me - hence no join app type documents.
I am an Australian national so presume apart from the LIUK certificate I don't need anything else.
Thanks also for the tips about correspondence. I guess I will take payslips/P60's just in case as well.
And thanks for the payment form - I had seen the first pages - but must have not scrolled to the last page. Silly me!

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Cool, good luck with your application!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:32 am

Providing additional documents (correspondence/payslip/P60) is completely unnecessary and most likely be discarded by NCS.
Just provide required documents as per the checklist mentioned in the AN form.

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:51 am

ban.s wrote:Providing additional documents (correspondence/payslip/P60) is completely unnecessary and most likely be discarded by NCS.
Agreed. I will do as I did for the ILR application, where I had other documents handy but didn't present them unless asked. My main concern here was that I was interpreting the required documents from the AN checklist correctly given that it seems I need to bring far fewer documents than I did for the ILR application.

Also, one final question. In the Payment form where it asks for "HO Ref" what is this? Where can I find it?

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 am

The reference should be on your ILR approval letter on right hand top.

HTH.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 am

marsenal wrote:
ban.s wrote:Providing additional documents (correspondence/payslip/P60) is completely unnecessary and most likely be discarded by NCS.
Agreed. I will do as I did for the ILR application, where I had other documents handy but didn't present them unless asked. My main concern here was that I was interpreting the required documents from the AN checklist correctly given that it seems I need to bring far fewer documents than I did for the ILR application.

Also, one final question. In the Payment form where it asks for "HO Ref" what is this? Where can I find it?
Indeed just few documents for naturalisation - just passport with ILR sticker or BRP and the LIUK and/or KOLL

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:The reference should be on your ILR approval letter on right hand top.

HTH.
My ILR approval letter is as follows:

Our Ref: HO_Ref
Your Ref: Your Ref
Case ID: #########

So the only number is the "Case ID". The others are exactly as I have written above. Is the Case ID the right one then? Is this something that the NCS person should be able to help with?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 am

it's Our Ref:

but not all approval letters include Our Ref - so just leave it bank. not required if you don't have one.