ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian entry visa application query.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Indian entry visa application query.

Post by jacsll55 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Can someone please help me with my application for entry visa:
I am applying as a family wife, myself and 2 children (under 16yrs) - all of us had Indian passport and was cancelled/surrendered.
So VFS website states:

Minor Child (Under 16 Years of age)
A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing both the parents’ names.
Consent letter addressed to the HCI, London OR its respective consulates signed by both the parents

So do I have to send copies of Surrender Certificates and Copy of the Cancelled Indian Passports for the children plus the consent letter?
Any draft copies of the consent letter available here or what are the wordings?
We are applying together as family and trvelling to India together.

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: Indian entry visa application query.

Post by samkma » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 pm

jacsll55 wrote:Can someone please help me with my application for entry visa:
I am applying as a family wife, myself and 2 children (under 16yrs) - all of us had Indian passport and was cancelled/surrendered.
So VFS website states:

Minor Child (Under 16 Years of age)
A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing both the parents’ names.
Consent letter addressed to the HCI, London OR its respective consulates signed by both the parents

So do I have to send copies of Surrender Certificates and Copy of the Cancelled Indian Passports for the children plus the consent letter?
Any draft copies of the consent letter available here or what are the wordings?
We are applying together as family and trvelling to India together.
Yes the letter is required alongwith other documents.
Have a look at this link for a format and make changes as necessary
http://www.indiavisaheadoffice.co.uk/in ... onsent.pdf
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 pm

I am bit stuck with my Entry visa application: I have. a problem with Indian Visa Application form.
I did all applications online and printed them off and see

1. I answer all the questions on the form but when I print form it asks for the Hotel/place I will be staying in but it is not on the original form. ( do I fill this by hand?)
2. Documents required - on the main page - http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/entryvisa_CheckList.html
check list states self attested copy of surrender certificate and
here http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Checklist ... 012013.pdf it is stated as original surrender certificate?

Any help?

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Question H should be left blank...Do not write anything by hand on the form apart from your signature.

In regards to the surrender certificate you can submit self-attested photocopies of the Certificate along with your application the original surrender certificate would not be required.
.......Paulo Coelho

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi jacsll55,

I have applied for naturalisation for my family and would then be applying for a visa for my family, and go back to India and apply for OCI soon after our arrival.

Can I ask you why you chose entry visa as opposed to either tourist visa or 5 year long term visa?

Could I request you to PM me your email, so we can take this discussion over email in details?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:15 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi jacsll55,

I have applied for naturalisation for my family and would then be applying for a visa for my family, and go back to India and apply for OCI soon after our arrival.

Can I ask you why you chose entry visa as opposed to either tourist visa or 5 year long term visa?

Could I request you to PM me your email, so we can take this discussion over email in details?

Regards
Everyone has different views, circumstances are different from person to person, to me Entry visa (that I have received now) was the easiest option for my trip to India, it was also quick (4 working days all by post!) and cost me less (£67.6/p)than OCI/PIO/5yrs Visa.
My current visa is a multiple entry for 6months and will be applying for PIO before it expires.

I am no expert you can PM me and will try and share my experience.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks jacsll55,

I will send a more detailed PM in a couple of months time or so, when I get my British passport. The entry visa page on the VFS says:

"An Entry Visa is granted for a specific purpose (short term courses and unpaid internships) or other non-business related purposes. An Invitation letter is required from concerned organisation/authorities in India along with the letter from College/University for internships Visa is valid for three months to six months single entry."

How did you get this, and how did you justify your visit according to these parameters. Second question, would you be applying for PIO from India or come back to the UK and do it?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks jacsll55,

I will send a more detailed PM in a couple of months time or so, when I get my British passport. The entry visa page on the VFS says:

"An Entry Visa is granted for a specific purpose (short term courses and unpaid internships) or other non-business related purposes. An Invitation letter is required from concerned organisation/authorities in India along with the letter from College/University for internships Visa is valid for three months to six months single entry."

How did you get this, and how did you justify your visit according to these parameters. Second question, would you be applying for PIO from India or come back to the UK and do it?
Entry Visa is issued for all those purposes mentioned on VFS website PLUS to persons who had Indian passport. (It also costs £30 less than tourist visa)
All you need to do is fill the online form - (don't forget to enter as Entry visa - 6months - multiple entry. select from drop down menu visiting family/friends)
Documents required:
Form
Photos x 2
Self attested copies of
Surrender certificate
Cancelled Indian pp front and last page.
If you have any children
consent letter ( ask me I will give you the format)
copy of Birth Certificate - showing father and mothers name
a copy of father and mothers British passport.

Easy - straight forward - fast

I now have multiple entry visa till July 2014 so will apply for PIO in June from here and not from India as I dont know how long it will take and also aviod all the hassels - the officers there will want an envelope under the table!! and I am not giving that!!

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for all the inputs jacsll55, I will be doing this in a couple of months time, so expect some PMs at that time. I hope you will be checking PMs by then :).

If you have any children
Can you PM me the format please?

My use-case is a bit different, I am not planning to come back, but need to get there really soon on account of my mom's ill health, so I am planning to enter on an entry visa and then apply for OCI right after.

I have created a separate thread for OCI application information and timelines when applying from India. If you have any inputs at all, please feel free to put either here or on that thread.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:
If you have any children
Can you PM me the format please?
I have one:

from
xxxx
xx/xx/2014
To,
High Commission of India London
India House
Aldwych
London
WC2B 4NA

FAO: Visa Officer

We, xxx & xxxx can confirm that our son/daughter xxxx Holder of British Passport xxxxxxx is travelling with us the parents as a family to India to visit family and friends, we both give our full consent for her trip to India. Travel date to India is xx/xx/2014.

Yours sincerely

xx (Father) & xx (Mother)
.......Paulo Coelho

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks Samkma, appreciate it.

Kb_puth
Newly Registered

Post by Kb_puth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 am

How long will 5 year indian entry visa will take to process? Need to travel urgently to India and will be staying there for more than 180 days.