ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masud0174

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2013

Post by masud0174 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Time Line
I have Submitted following Application For My Wife:

FLR (M) submitted: 08/11/2013
Biometric Letter issued: 19/11/2013
Biometric Completed: 23/11/2013
Application has been returned as Invalid: 15/12/2013
Reason for Invalid: Section 4 has not been completed

Fresh Application has been Launched 30/12/2013
Previous application fees for Invalid application has been fully refunded by HO 31/12/2013.
No inquiry has been made for refund by myself to HO

Please update my details in Timeline.

Many Thanks
FLR M OR FLR O

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2014

Post by Thehappyone » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:39 pm

I used legal representation

30/11/2013 FLR (M) application sent to HO
04/12/2013 Application received by HO
05/12/2013 Fee deducted
09/12/2013 Acknowlegement and biometric letter received from HO
11/12/2013 Additional documents sent to HO
12/12/2013 Biometric enrolled
09/01/2014 Documents and approval letter received
10/01/2014 BRP received

I'm happy it's all over as it has been a roller coaster ride for me. All the best to everyone.

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:11 am

Dear Thehappyone
what were the additional documents you submitted to home office on 11/12/2013. Also can you give a list of documents you submitted initially with application.
Thanks
Shabba_Kaka

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 am

[quote="shabba_kaka"]Dear Thehappyone
what were the additional documents you submitted to home office on 11/12/2013. Also can you give a list of documents you submitted initially with application.
Thanks
Shabba_Kaka[/quote]

The additional document was a confirmation letter from the court of appeal confirming that my appeal was withdrawn as you cannot have an appeal pending and put in an application. The appeal was for my psw visa using my ACCA qualification (I used the process to buy time while I gathered documents for my spousal visa).

The documents I initially submitted :
- Marriage certificate
- My passport and British spouse passport
- Joint tenancy agreement and housing inspection certificate
- 2 passport photographs of myself and 1 of my spouse
- Joint water, electric and council tax bill and letters from gp
- 6 months payslips of my husband and corresponding bank account
- Letter from my husband's employer stating his wage, period for which he had earned the level of his wage, his position, date of employment and contract type
- Pearson test of English with results also sent online to the ukba
- Wedding photos and other photos taken with each other's families
- Phone bills showing communication with each other before moving in together

I hope this helps
Last edited by Thehappyone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Afiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Afiya » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 am

Hello, i have a very unfortunate case and im confused how to proceed now.
I came to the UK on 28 oct 2010 as a dependent of my husband of my husband who was here on a visa of Point based system, my visa expired on 14th april 2012, i applied for an extention FLRM in time on 4th april 2012 and also for visa for my 1 yearvold son at that time and recieved their acknowledgement of recieving the application in April. On 5th May however they wrote to us saying there was a problem with the payment so our application was invalid and we needed tp make a fresg application with the new and increased fees. We did that the very next day and in June we recieved another letter saying one part of payment went through and the one for my son dod not. The bank details e provided were absolutely correct it was a fault on their part, anyway they wrote to make another application which we did in June after that they took a year to process that application and responded in march 2013 with a refusal saying we had overstayed the first time we were sent the application back. We applied for judicial review refering to Basinet case. Meanwhile my son got his British nationality that we applied for as my husband has an ILR and son was born in UK. Just two days ago was our hearing and the judgr sympathised with us understood we had made right payments and homeoffice was at fault BUT he said there is a rule that we should have applied for judicial review within 3 months after the first application was returned to us, even though he admitted home office letter was misleading when they said to apply with a fresh application. So this judicial revoew was too late and so had to be refused.
Now the problem is i am looking at 10 yr route for ILR due to the stamp of overstayer of i apply from here but the home office barrister has confirmed i'll get the visa if i apply from here on the grounds that i have a toddler who is a british national, as he'll put it in the notes. So that is one optipn.
The second is if i go back to Pakistan and apply fresh from there for entry clearance in which case i'll get ILR after 5 years. But im confused which option to opt for as if i don't get the visa from Pakistan there's a much bigger risk. I have no idea how strong my case is if i apply from Pakistan. Please advise me which way to go.

stacie_achraf06

Post by stacie_achraf06 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 pm

hello can anyone help me plz
ma spouse visa in due the end of april and i have got a LIUK test and PET exam but i got good in speakin but under dorderline in lestenin :(
i asked the ukba they said i have to do the test again
i booked once again for Pet exam on 22 feb but i dont know if i will have enought time to apply for IRL or no or apply for FLR(M)
i dont know what to do :(
thank you

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:20 pm

stacie_achraf06 wrote:hello can anyone help me plz
ma spouse visa in due the end of april and i have got a LIUK test and PET exam but i got good in speakin but under dorderline in lestenin :(
i asked the ukba they said i have to do the test again
i booked once again for Pet exam on 22 feb but i dont know if i will have enought time to apply for IRL or no or apply for FLR(M)
i dont know what to do :(
thank you
@stacie_achraf06 When I took my PTE test last year the result came out the next morning which happened to be a saturday. I'm pretty sure the results become available online almost immediately. Concentrate on studying for the test and practise speaking with friends or learn by watching a youtube video or tv and try repeating words as they are pronounced. All the best.

Thehappyone
Newly Registered

Post by Thehappyone » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Afiya wrote:Hello, i have a very unfortunate case and im confused how to proceed now.
I came to the UK on 28 oct 2010 as a dependent of my husband of my husband who was here on a visa of Point based system, my visa expired on 14th april 2012, i applied for an extention FLRM in time on 4th april 2012 and also for visa for my 1 yearvold son at that time and recieved their acknowledgement of recieving the application in April. On 5th May however they wrote to us saying there was a problem with the payment so our application was invalid and we needed tp make a fresg application with the new and increased fees. We did that the very next day and in June we recieved another letter saying one part of payment went through and the one for my son dod not. The bank details e provided were absolutely correct it was a fault on their part, anyway they wrote to make another application which we did in June after that they took a year to process that application and responded in march 2013 with a refusal saying we had overstayed the first time we were sent the application back. We applied for judicial review refering to Basinet case. Meanwhile my son got his British nationality that we applied for as my husband has an ILR and son was born in UK. Just two days ago was our hearing and the judgr sympathised with us understood we had made right payments and homeoffice was at fault BUT he said there is a rule that we should have applied for judicial review within 3 months after the first application was returned to us, even though he admitted home office letter was misleading when they said to apply with a fresh application. So this judicial revoew was too late and so had to be refused.
Now the problem is i am looking at 10 yr route for ILR due to the stamp of overstayer of i apply from here but the home office barrister has confirmed i'll get the visa if i apply from here on the grounds that i have a toddler who is a british national, as he'll put it in the notes. So that is one optipn.
The second is if i go back to Pakistan and apply fresh from there for entry clearance in which case i'll get ILR after 5 years. But im confused which option to opt for as if i don't get the visa from Pakistan there's a much bigger risk. I have no idea how strong my case is if i apply from Pakistan. Please advise me which way to go.
@Afiya, sorry to hear about your situation. I think you're better off sharing your story at the FLR (O) forum if you are considering applying for leave to remain on the grounds of having a British child as many people on there seem to have been or are in your situation and can help you by sharing their experience with you. Best of luck.

sadlywaiting
Newly Registered

Post by sadlywaiting » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 pm

hello
I applied for FLR(M) visa as a unmarried partner of a british citizen on 12/02/2013 and got my acknowledgement letter in 14/02/2013.
Then after it took long time for my biometric letter which I got in 3107/2013 and I gave my biometric on 5/08/2013.
After this home office asked my partner to send her original passport for verification on 19/12/2013 and returned my partner's passport
but i have not heard anything from them after this.
Can I make any enquiry about this to home office?
if yes how?
Currently I am in tier 4(general student) visa which is already expired in 30/04/2013
can anybody help me with this
thanks

mia tall
Newly Registered

Post by mia tall » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 pm

mia hi I need advise I did have 5years visa for EU member .well things didn t workout with my husband I did have a child who s now 8years old .I did apply with my child for FLR .Since November the 7of January my laywer told me my application was refused ,and I don t have no right to applied .the lawyer send them a reconsideration letter on the 14 January and told them after 24days from day letter was send it will take it to high court . I have been refused because they said there no ties relation between my son and his father .am the sole of my child .

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Hello Everyone . Please HELP Me. I am on PBS (PSW) Dependent Visa since 02 August 2012 as i applied on 29th July 2012.My husband is Applying for ILR (LR) next month. My question is Do i need to do an English Language course to apply for visa FLR (M). it sould be great if someone clearify which type of visa i will be eligible for and do i need to fulfill Knowledge of Langauge and Life in the UK test Requirement. Many thanks in advance...... Regards

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi MS Khan
After 28 oct 2013, everyone has to fulfill the requirement of English and Life in UK for ILR. If your visa is converting as flr(M) than you have to provide only English (A1 level) test. For ILR case you have to pass (B1) level English plus Life in UK. Only Financial requirements 18600 will not apply in your case.

Chloe452
Newly Registered

Post by Chloe452 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 pm

This message board really helped alleviate my anxiety over the last month, so I wanted to contribute my timeline right away.

I've studied everyone's recent posts (October to now), and when it comes to *straightforward* postal applications, the Home Office seems to almost always take three weeks from the date you submit your biometrics to the date you receive your decision letter. This estimate was dead on for my application (even though my acknowledgement/biometric letters were delayed by the holidays).

My timeline (for spousal visa for marriage to British citizen, changed from Tier 2 work visa; I submitted no documents that were not specifically asked for in the application guidance):

19/12/13: application posted
23/12/13: acknowledgement letter posted
27/12/13: acknowledgement letter received
31/12/13: biometrics letter posted
03/01/14: biometrics letter received
04/01/14: biometrics given at Post Office
24/01/14: BRP received and documents returned

Good luck everyone!

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Post by melbgirl » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 pm

For all those applying recently, Congratulations and appreciate the short time lines!

My Timeline:

3/11/12: application posted
6/11/12: acknowledgement letter posted
25/01/13: biometrics given at post office
25/03/13: Application refused
28/03/13: Appeal Posted
30/03/13: Further documents sent to Home Office (No response)
12/08/13: First court bundle sent
17/08/13: First hearing date - adjourned
9/12/13: Second bundle sent
17/12/13: Hearing date - home office withdrew decision to refuse my visa and it is referred back to Secretary of State
7/01/14: Judge's Notice from hearing sent to me
8/01/14: Original documents from bundle sent to Home Office
Nearly 15 months on, still waiting ...

Navi123

Post by Navi123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Guys,

need some one's advice,

I got ilr on long residency basis, need to apply for mrs spouse visa (arrive in uk nov 2010).

1-for english requirement-can i submit her ESOL level2 pass certificate (apart from LIFE inthe UK)? or does it have to be B1?
2-council and water bill are D.Dbt,on joint name and account, only have one letter per yr at the start of the financial yr...will it be sufficient to cover 2 yrs? or does it have to be monthly?
3-can i also submit her DVLA provisional license (received recently) as proof of cohabitaion..
4-can some one advice on the documents i.e. i need to submit as the flrm form is a bit confusing..

mUch appreciate ur help in advance

Regards

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Dear Navi,
Your wife need A1 level if she is going to apply under spouse visa as FLR (M). Life in UK and B1 Level English is required at the time of ILR. 6 Cohabitation documents required in last 2 year. It is not necessary that all documents on joint. You can provide separate proof at same address for last two years. 1 evidence has to cover 4 months periods (for example: 3 documents separately during the period 1- Jan to April, 2- May to Aug, 3- Sep to Dec). I think for marriage couple is not hard and fast rule on cohabitation requirements, because she is your spouse from last 3 years and got extensions with you. You can also provide DVLA as proof. You can also ask other people views. I just shared my knowledge.

Navi123

Post by Navi123 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks KAKA,

few more bits,

1-ESOL level 2 , can it be used as a replacement for A1?
2-my wife current visa is Tier 1 dependent..is there a time limit that i need to apply her Spouse visa i.e. within 28 days OR
i can apply her visa any time b4 current TIER 1dep visa expires... if ican or can't can u pls share any links from the guidance?

3-the order u have mentioned for cohabitation, is not possible for me..would u recon that submitting docs from diff sources (not in order) are accesptible? as she has been living with me for last 3 yrs in uk?

any adivce...

Navi123

Post by Navi123 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi Guys,

appology, but need some advice on this as well (if possible)

my two kids born outside uk (currently in uk), i'll include them when i will apply for my MRs FLR M

question
1-once they (kids) got flr m approval, can i apply for their naturalisation or do ineed to apply their ILR first

my naturalisation is due next yr

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 am

Hi guys,

Has anyone done the English Language test yet?. I heard it is a very difficult test and the pass rate is low. Any information will be most appreciated.

Regards

wowboy

Post by wowboy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:38 pm

johnny04 wrote:Hi guys,

Has anyone done the English Language test yet?. I heard it is a very difficult test and the pass rate is low. Any information will be most appreciated.

Regards
Unless it has become so difficult in last 2 months, it's incredibly easy test i've ever come across. We did it for my wife in November, B1 grade 5 via Trinity college. it was 5 minutes talking about 1 selected topic and 5 minutes examiner asking few questions out of 5 topics which are provided before exam.

Good luck!

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 am

Afiya wrote:Hello, i have a very unfortunate case and im confused how to proceed now.
I think you should get a good solicitor with proven records, don't look at the cheapest one, but look at the best one. In my opinion you got a strong case and you should apply with in the UK and don't go back to Pakistan to apply etc as you would have less chances of going through. May Allah help you in this difficult situation. Ameen

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

Hi All,

Very important question to any one, Please ASAP reply would be much appreciated,

I have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years student SET (LR), when it comes hopefully I will be applying for my wifes FLR (M) (She is already here under Tier 4 dependent for ten months ), my question is that how much maintenance do I need to show in my account for her and how long does that needs to be in my account for?

Kind Regards

Afridi

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Dear Afridi,
You don't need maintenance fund for her to keep in account. You have to provide the income threshold of 18600 Gross per annum. It must be last 6 months payslips with bank statements. In 6 months period the home office pick the one of lower income payslip and calculate for full year according to that and it must be 18600 (in 12 Months). Your wife also need to pass A1 level of English test for FLR (M).
Thanks

itsarif

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 201

Post by itsarif » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I received ILR on 31 december on the basis of 1o years, I was on student visa.
Now i need to apply for my wife visa, she is my dependent since april 2011.Her visa is going to expire on 11th of april.
Do i have to show the income of 18600?
What about maintenance. do i have to show maitenance? how much?
if yes, How can i show in 3 months. is there any alternative?

Arif

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Dear Arif,
You don't need to show 18600 pounds income for a year because you spouse is with you before 12 July 12. But you must show evidence and source of income and expenditures. Thanks