ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong place of birth in Pakistani passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umar_786
Newly Registered

Wrong place of birth in Pakistani passport

Post by umar_786 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello can someone advise the best option to follow with the situation I am in. I have applied for b.c following the rule change in october but my old first passport has expired and on the passport its got the wrong place of birth karachi, was born lahore.not had my b.c come through yet (sent old passport) but if it does it will also have wrong place of birth. what shall I do I want to also apply for a british passport.shall I keep the certificate for now and get a new pakistani passport with correct place of birth and sent this to H.O so they can change it, then apply for british passport...any advise or what i should do....

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: !!!!Wrong place of birth in pakistani passport!!!

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 am

What place of birth you provided in your rest of applications?including ILR??? :roll:

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

navalaviator wrote:What place of birth you provided in your rest of applications?including ILR??? :roll:
Hi there lahore whats on my birth certificate did so flr and ilr. ilr.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 am

Got married in karachi and applied in karachi for my passport and whilst also changed my address on my pakiatani id card to karachi...I think offical in pakistan made mistake.

umar_786
Newly Registered

!!!!Wrong place of birth in pakistani passport!!!

Post by umar_786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello can someone advise the best option to follow with the situation I am in. I have applied for b.c following the rule change in october but my old first passport has expired and on the passport its got the wrong place of birth karachi, was born lahore.not had my b.c come through yet (sent old passport) but if it does it will also have wrong place of birth. what shall I do I want to also apply for a british passport.shall I keep the certificate for now and get a new pakistani passport with correct place of birth and sent this to H.O so they can change it, then apply for british passport...any advise or what i should do....

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:50 pm

umar_786 wrote:Hi there lahore whats on my birth certificate did so flr and ilr. ilr.
Well then keep it as it is in your passport, ID card and rest of your applications to be consistent and to avoid any problems. :wink:

I just don't understand you never bothered to at least check the details on your passport and ID when you were issued these :roll:

What about the place of birth on your current passport as you mentioned above that your first passport has expired?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Only got old passport which has expired which I have applied for b.c I know I should have checked.not got a valid passport...waiting then I will hopefully get it changed.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Anyone.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Wrong place of birth in Pakistani passport

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Apply for a new passport and then apply for citizenship and I don't think that it's a good idea to change your place of birth now as it might create unwanted problems for you in your BC Application so keep it consistent with the rest of your immigration applications.

Why you are so keen to change it now when you should've changed it long time ago before applying for any visas :roll:
Why don't you just leave it as it is if it's same in all of your records? Karachi is part of Pakistan too btw :wink:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 pm

If you have already applied for BC and then intend to change place of birth after the approval then I am afraid you are heading for a mess :roll:

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Can u shed some light as to a big mess. All I am doing is correcting a mistake which is on my old pakistani passport before I apply for a british passport no hidden agenda all application says my birth on my birth certificate only a mistake on my passport.i know karachi is in pakistan but not where I was born...I cant see an issue will produce birth certificate to home office....should be straight forward.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Ok first I think people are getting mixed up...so I got married in karachi I was born in lahore same country...I got my visa and passport with karachi I came to uk lived here then got flr extension with on application form as lahore place of birth...I then applied for ilr with again lahore as birth place....I have applied for british citizenship looked at my pak passport which had expired at the minute passport with home office.....now I hope to get b.c BUT I want to change place of birth on my citizenship which also would be wrong because of my passport being wrong....so I was thinking if I sent old certificate back with my either my translated birth certificat or get another pakistani passport to prove lahore is place of birth then send this to get it b.c certificate changed then apply for british passport....

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Umer

Have you received your Naturalisation Certificate?

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 pm

If you mean british citizenship no if you mean indefinate leave to remain then yes.

watchaza1
Newly Registered

Post by watchaza1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 am

when you get your naturalisation certificate you wil have to apply for british passport and they will interview you for your first british passport and best to use what you have on your extension, ILR and naturalistion. but think about what you are goig to wite on the british passport application also because they will comapre the documents what you have writen on them and if they are in doupt you are who you say you are then the application for british passport will be rejected and will have to apply again and corrtect all the mistakes, see when you dont think straight and just get hapy getting what you want at the end you panic and try to find a solution, this problem would never happen if you had checked documents properly. good luck what ever you intend to do

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks but when I apply for british passport my passport says karachi which they need as id but all of my application I have but lahore....so if what you say I should put what I have put before which is lahore on application then when I go to the interview they will pick this up when they see my passport or british citizenship certificate...I think I will get my birth certificate translated and hand that to them with certificate and say pakistani passport put wrong place of birth...be honest...dont know why this hasnt been picked up before when I applied flr and ilr unless they have a copy of my birth certificate....really dont know.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 am

As have not received my naturalisation certificate is it best to email them and send my birth cerificate as id....what you think...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am

Why go to all the hassle of changing your place of birth?. Does it really matter whether you are born in Lahore, Karachi or Mirpur. Just use the info that is in your passport in future.Nobody is going to question you about.The more you make a fuss about it, the more its going to cause you a problem.just leave it as it.that is my advice

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 am

batleykhan wrote:Why go to all the hassle of changing your place of birth?. Does it really matter whether you are born in Lahore, Karachi or Mirpur. Just use the info that is in your passport in future.Nobody is going to question you about.The more you make a fuss about it, the more its going to cause you a problem.just leave it as it.that is my advice
Wise words!

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Understand that..its only when they ask for the birth certificate I will look if I am trying to hide things and in my application forms I have been putting lahore.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 am

Anyone else with advise......still not got my naturalisation certificate, wondering what to do.

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 am

Hi just a quick update if you have read my first post you will know the issue I was having just recieved the approval letter from home office it shows on the letter as lahore not whats in my old passport, so is ok to keep to lahore...but I need to send my old passport which says karachi will I have problem in the interview when I go for my first british passport

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Bump