ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP - Error on Life in the UK test certificate!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dasev_13
Newly Registered

HELP - Error on Life in the UK test certificate!

Post by dasev_13 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello all,

I have just sent off my application for my british passport, however i noticed there was an error on my Life in the UK test certificate.
My surname and forename were mixed up meaning the surname on the certificate stated my forename and the forename stated my surname. I asked the person who checked my application (using the national checking service) whether this would be a problem and he said no but I wanted to get some opinions on this.
Does anyone think this may be an issue? Has this been a problem for anyone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP - Error on Life in the UK test certificate!

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:56 pm

it won't be a problem. If you had no issue when applying for ILR, then you shouldn't have an issue for BC application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dasev_13
Newly Registered

Post by dasev_13 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi, thank for your comments

I didn't apply for IRL myself because my parents applied for me and right now i'm applying for naturalisation.
I've phoned up the national checking service again and they have told me once again that the mistake will not be
a problem but i'm still not 100% sure because the British Passport service says this would be a problem for them but
cannot be sure in the case of the naturalisation application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm

the passport office is completely different to the office who process naturalisation Form AN applications. For naturalisation, it will not be a problem as long as the names are correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I have the same problem - should I send a letter to UKBA or anything? I'm really worried.

abc_uk
Newly Registered

Post by abc_uk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm

My spouse had exactly the same during her ILR application, UKBA didn't have any issues.

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

abc_uk wrote:My spouse had exactly the same during her ILR application, UKBA didn't have any issues.
would it at all be different for naturalisation applications? Also did your spouse contact the UKBA to tell me or just sent it as it was?

abc_uk
Newly Registered

Post by abc_uk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 pm

don't really know if it will be different during the naturalisation (she has yet to apply) but that doc serves the same purpose for both ILR and BC, so I don't think it's a big deal as long as spelling is correct.

No, she didn't chase UKBA - in fact she noticed the mix-up at the test center when they handed her that certificate, but lady at the test center also assured her that it wouldn't be a problem.

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:09 pm

I feel as though I should contact the UKBA to tell them of the error - could anyone advise me how? I've contacted them by email but I don't have a reference number or anything, what can I do?

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:33 am

phospholipid wrote:I feel as though I should contact the UKBA to tell them of the error - could anyone advise me how? I've contacted them by email but I don't have a reference number or anything, what can I do?
You can phone the Nationality Helpline on this telephone: 0845 010 5200 or you can try the Croydon office on this number: 08706067766 Option #2
If you do not have a reference number you could give them name, address, DOB, application date etc.

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm

I have contacted the UKBA and they told me to do nothing and wait, if they need more information then they'll ask for it. I'm still very worried. I have also found that in my Life in the UK test it says Nationality as "Algeria" rather than "Algerian"! More problems!

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 pm

You need to calm down.

UKBA and NCS have both told you that it would not be an issue. If the NCS person thought it would be an issue, they would have called UKBA to seek guidance. Honestly, caseworkers are professionals who can apply common sense to issues.

With regard to your "nationality" issue for the LIUK test - the nationality is represented by the country's name. For example, my states my nationality is United States of American and not American. I know it's not proper English to represent it as USA but that's how it's formatted.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Hello,

My husband passed the Life in the UK test, however when receiving certificate he realised that his First name and surname were swapped over, which we didnt realise when booking the test.

The test centre said there is nothing they could so as that is how it was booked.. now what really surprises me is that they checked it against his photographic driving license and also did not pick up on this. This is also his second attempt they on both occasions failed to pick up. (My hubby and I didnt realise when booking too, its a genuine error)

I spoke to homeoffice and the lady said she cant advise as she is not the caseworker.. now I am really stressed, I dont want to get him to sit the test again as it is a minor glitch.

How I can do to rectify this error..????

Many thanks in advance
Allah is the greatest!

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Thu May 08, 2014 10:58 am

Just updating for anyone who is in a similar situation:

I sent a letter to the home office just notifying that the forename and surname were interchanged. They did not ask anything else and I received my approval so I guess it was not a problem.

tahajeraj
Newly Registered

Post by tahajeraj » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi there, I have had the same problem where my last name and first name has been swapped. I am yet to apply and complete the form. Should I just notify the Homeoffice of this error? The lady at the test centre said it was not a problem. I would appreciate if the rest of you could share the experiences in this situation. Thank you