ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

possible problem with NZ visitors visa?????

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andyD89
Newly Registered

possible problem with NZ visitors visa?????

Post by andyD89 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 pm

hello!!!

i am a uk passport holder, i am going to NZ on the 21st of this month for a holiday for my girlfriends sisters wedding, i intend to arrive in Auckland an get a 6 month visitors visa. i have a return ticket and i will also have proof of ample funds. and have a clean criminal record

but last year i stupidly overstayed my Australian working holiday visa, and got a 3 year exclusion period. I was taking my flight home to England wen the person behind the desk in customs noticed my visa had expired, and informed me of the 3 year exclusion. I was not removed or deported, i was leaving of my own accord as i had realized i was in the wrong. Anyway I was wondering if my exclusion period for Australia will impact on me getting a NZ visitors visa, even if i have a return ticket and proof of funds???? how likely are they to refuse me entry????

is it a cut and dry thing??? or will it be down to the person behind the desk at the time???? any response to this would be greatly appreciated

Just Wondering

Re: possible problem with NZ visitors visa?????

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:15 am

The requirement for a visa (including visitor visa) for NZ is set out http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ ... /visitors/

One of the requirements is that you are of good character. Unfortunately, you will not meet this requirement as you've been excluded from Australia. (See section 15(1)(f) Immigration Act 2009 (NZ) http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/publ ... 40597.html)