ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Congratulations shondra am so happy for you. No body can remove you now. Getting your stay is just a matter if time
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Good evening All!

Congrats Shondra your freedom is near. Very happy for you and your family,

All good my end, thanks to everyone for asking! I have relegated myself to being a back bencher whilst i brush up on the law a bit. Have a splendid weekend, eagerly anticipating to read all your good news in between swotting!!! Kukuwife profuse apologies for failing to remember you in my last post am truly ashamed, i hope you are well sir!
Believe thanks so much am ok. Am happy that you are back most of us are now backbenchers. Anyway how is the reading going?.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

east579new

Post by east579new » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.
Hi Shondra thats great news im very happy for you, i asume you are an overstayer what is the immigration status of your partner?.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Good evening All!

Congrats Shondra your freedom is near. Very happy for you and your family,

All good my end, thanks to everyone for asking! I have relegated myself to being a back bencher whilst i brush up on the law a bit. Have a splendid weekend, eagerly anticipating to read all your good news in between swotting!!! Kukuwife profuse apologies for failing to remember you in my last post am truly ashamed, i hope you are well sir!
Believe thanks so much am ok. Am happy that you are back most of us are now backbenchers. Anyway how is the reading going?.
Ok thanks just been side tracked with other stuff but bringing myself to speed on the case laws etc. I hope all is well. Anyone heard from Hatchsead lately?
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:50 pm

verbina wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Good evening Forum!!!!!!!! I want to share a good news : My child british citizenship application is successful. Guide me what's the next step for me and my partner.

Oh my God!!!! Im so so so happy for you!!!! Awwwwh well done! Now you can plan your next move with your solicitor! Seriously happy for you and your family!!!!!!
thanks verb for your kind support and suggestioin. God bless you.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks@nile, @elastep, @gods authority, @believe2013, @globalcitizen, @kukuwife, @east579new, @verbina for all of your support and valuable information regarding my application. Thank you all. Thank you forum. I have to move on next stage, hope me and my partner will get a stay soon. God bless you all. Good luck everyone.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 am

Fantastic news. Happy for you.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 am

Al Haqq wrote:
Fantastic news. Happy for you.
Thanks for your support and advise.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Shondra,

I believe you can apply based on your child's citizenship. If I find the relevant links I would let you know.

congrats.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:07 am

east579new wrote:
Hi Shondra thats great news im very happy for you, i asume you are an overstayer what is the immigration status of your partner?.
Thanks. we both are overstayer. We married here in uk before our child born. We been here 16 years. We came first as a student visa. Me and my partner are dependent to each other when we were in a student visa. So basically we were in uk 8 years legally and 8 years illegally.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am

Al Haqq wrote:
Hi Shondra,

I believe you can apply based on your child's citizenship. If I find the relevant links I would let you know.

congrats.
Thanks. Please let me know.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 am

khwaja73 wrote:help
hello everyone I wish you all the best :)
well Iam from Afghanistan I came to UK on September 2008 I claimed asylum on that time and iwas 16 years old so the home office refused my case and they gave me a visa until I became a 18 years old after that I applied for a visa that I said I have problem on Afghanistan so any way I got refuse from court and everywhere so now I live with my brother in London my solicitor aplay for me human right FLRO private life in uk what you guys think about this can home office give a visa to stay in uk or what le me know any one have information

Hi! Welcome to the forum!! Sorry for a late reply, but I was hoping one of our wise gurus would answer your quiery....
Sorry to hear that you have been unable to renew your visa since you turned 18. To be honest you are probably better off posting your question on the main forum, so that its seen by our gurus and moderators, as they will be able to advise you much better then us ordinary folk here lol.
I know that if you are between 18-25 to qualify for FLRO private life you have to have spent half of your life in UK, but perhaps there is a special provision for those who originally claimed asylum....
Sorry I couldnt be more help... Good Luck!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am

Congrats Shondra,

You need to look for a good solicitor who can argue your private life while taking your child's citizenship into consideration. I sincerely wish you all the best, you are getting closer to being regularised.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 am

ThisYear wrote:Congrats Shondra,

You need to look for a good solicitor who can argue your private life while taking your child's citizenship into consideration. I sincerely wish you all the best, you are getting closer to being regularised.
Thanks for your kind suggestion. I will do like this. God bless.

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:31 pm

@shondra sharma
Congratulations on your child successful application.
Based on 2 very recent successful decisions I read ,The child's best interest is the focus of the decision and a favorable decision was granted parent on the conclusion that it's unreasonable to expect the child to leave the uk. With your British citizen child I believe u have a very strong ground on the child where 20yrs would b considered for the adult.
Best wishes

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Evening all,

Just got call from my solicitor an hour ago and guess what??? I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. Hurray!!!

On 16th December 2013 the HO received my application and on 24th January 2014 leave was granted. That was quick just after few days of requesting additional documents the leave was granted.

Everyone in this forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for your concern, means a lot to me.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Last edited by adetaq on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm

@shondra sharma i tottaly agree with goodness&mercy its all about the best intrests of the child.

Now you have more power than an English person, they have no human rights and the best intrest of a child is not even considered.

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm

adetaq wrote:Everning all,

Just got call from my solicitor an hour ago and guess what??? I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. Hurray!!!

On 16th December 2013 the HO received my application and on 24th January 2014 leave was granted. That was quick just after few days of requesting additional documents the leave was granted.

Everyone in this forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for your concern, means a lot to me.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Hi congratulations very happy for you can you please briefly share what type of documents they requested and base of your application and have you any children???.happy for you

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 pm

@adeteq reply plz

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Soni 1 wrote:@adeteq reply plz
Alright
Last edited by adetaq on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Congratulation mate..wish you all the best for the future and congratulations to those who have been granted lately and sorry for us who got refused lately,you guys are not alone.

I think people getting response quickly now a days,I was refused last November because I don't have leave when I apply and I didn't proof 2 years living together with my partner and i have not spent 20years in the country and I have re-apply 11th of the December because I can proof more than 2 years with my partner and we are expecting another baby in 2 or 3 weeks and I have done biometric about 8days ago.

Guys what's my chance of getting visa,and do you guys think is needed to send birth certificate of my expecting baby to home office or not need

Thanks

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Congratulation mate..wish you all the best for the future and congratulations to those who have been granted lately and sorry for us who got refused lately,you guys are not alone.

I think people getting response quickly now a days,I was refused last November because I don't have leave when I apply and I didn't proof 2 years living together with my partner and i have not spent 20years in the country and I have re-apply 11th of the December because I can proof more than 2 years with my partner and we are expecting another baby in 2 or 3 weeks and I have done biometric about 8days ago.

Guys what's my chance of getting visa,and do you guys think is needed to send birth certificate of my expecting baby to home office or not need

Thanks
Hi olapoint,

Thanks a lot. From my experience, I will advice you to send as many documents which you could gather and let the HO decide which one they need to pick. Just do your homework properly and leave rest to them. I will include birth certificates, hospital letters and anything you could think of. I sent huge chunk of documents to HO as to satisfy them that the relation was genuine and even though they asked for more documents at later stage so i would keep myself ready and have some documents handy spreaded over past 2-4 years as they could ask you for history anytime after submitting your application.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 pm

adetaq wrote:
Soni 1 wrote:@adeteq reply plz
Hi Soni,
Came to this country on student visa for Msc in 2006. In 2007 had to change my course due to lack of interest and took technology. Got invloved with my partner in 2007. Got married in 2008 ( Islamic Niqah ). Applied for extension in 2009 under via tier 4 and was refused. Lodged an appeal though solicitor 2010. Judge said that fault does not lie with me and was unfortunate for me. Applied for upper tribunal 2010 and never heard back from solicitor. In 2010 Indefinite given to my partner and my biological daughter. Daughter was born in UK. Paid 3k still no luck. Been working as senior digital analyst throughout the course. Have paid tax and NI. When started working was on visa and employer never asked after that so carried on. As you can understand I had family so was working. Had to stablise my immigration status so went through another solicitor. Solicitor advised should not work. Left work in sep 2013. My solicitor asked for subject access request from HO and drafted my application. Submitted as many documents as i could gather like everything. If anyone is wants to know about every single doucment which i provided just let me know. Anyway applied on 06th Dec 2013 and HO rec my application on 16th Dec 2010. I might have over stayed my visa after last court hearing in july 2010 - present as never heard anything from HO, court or from my previous solicitor.

On 16th January 2014 Home Office requested to provide further documentary evidence by 23rd Jan 2014 to show that I have been living with my partner from January 2011 to January 2013. Anyway I did find some more documents like TV licence, car insurance, council tax bill, aa membership letter, revenue letters, some more bank statements, sky bills, virgin bills and utility bills which are spread over requested duration but there was a gap with my partners document from aug 2011 - march 2012 but
did had some invoices for december 2011 for her name. They documents were sent via email on 20th Jan 2014.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
My partner has Indefinite Leave to Remain and she has now applied for Naturalisation. She got in 2010
My Daughter - Indefinite Leave to Remain - 2010 and applied for her Naturalisation.
My Step daughter - British (She had been with me since she was 4 years old and she is 9 now. No connection with her father what so ever.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Just let me know if you need any further information and i wish you all the best . INSHA ALLAH you will get it soon.

Regards
@adetaq thanks for your quick reply your case was very strong because you have a child from your relation but me and my partner have no child but I have two young lads from my previous merriage.one is still under 18.me and my sons are British and struggling for my partner this was our second application.we just complete two years and can prove for that period.anyway thanks for your help.if I need any help I will ask for. Thanks for quick reply

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Soni 1 wrote: @adetaq thanks for your quick reply your case was very strong because you have a child from your relation but me and my partner have no child but I have two young lads from my previous merriage.one is still under 18.me and my sons are British and struggling for my partner this was our second application.we just complete two years and can prove for that period.anyway thanks for your help.if I need any help I will ask for. Thanks for quick reply
Soni,

Pleasure was all mine and I wish you all the best for your case and INSHA ALLAH the outcome will be positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Regards,

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

adetaq wrote:
Soni 1 wrote: @adetaq thanks for your quick reply your case was very strong because you have a child from your relation but me and my partner have no child but I have two young lads from my previous merriage.one is still under 18.me and my sons are British and struggling for my partner this was our second application.we just complete two years and can prove for that period.anyway thanks for your help.if I need any help I will ask for. Thanks for quick reply
Soni,

Pleasure was all mine and I wish you all the best for your case and INSHA ALLAH the outcome will be positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Regards,
Sorry to tell you that our case is already refused last week and we are going for JR