ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ada4msd

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by ada4msd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Goodness&Mercy wrote:@shondra sharma
Congratulations on your child successful application.
Based on 2 very recent successful decisions I read ,The child's best interest is the focus of the decision and a favorable decision was granted parent on the conclusion that it's unreasonable to expect the child to leave the uk. With your British citizen child I believe u have a very strong ground on the child where 20yrs would b considered for the adult.
Best wishes
@ Shondra sharma
Congrats on this achievement, its is a big stepping stone.
@Goodness&Mercy
could you provide a link to the 2 recent decisions which has the best interest of the child as a focus. Am preparing for an appeal and doing my reseach as i cant afford to pay a lawyer. i need caselaws like the ones you are talking about.
GOD IS ABLE

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:20 pm

by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Everning all,

Just got call from my solicitor an hour ago and guess what??? I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. Hurray!!!

On 16th December 2013 the HO received my application and on 24th January 2014 leave was granted. That was quick just after few days of requesting additional documents the leave was granted.

Everyone in this forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for your concern, means a lot to me.

Much appreciated.

Regards

adetaq- congratulations. It was a very fast decision and it was in your favour.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:25 am

Kukuwife wrote:
@ kukuwife - Thank you so much. It was indeed fast decision.

I pray for everyone's success and INSHA ALLAH everyone will be smiling soon. I congratulate to those who have achieved their goal and pray for ones who are still one step away from freedom.

Regards,

elastep

Post by elastep » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:02 am

adetaq wrote:Evening all,

Just got call from my solicitor an hour ago and guess what??? I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. Hurray!!!

On 16th December 2013 the HO received my application and on 24th January 2014 leave was granted. That was quick just after few days of requesting additional documents the leave was granted.

Everyone in this forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for your concern, means a lot to me.

Much appreciated.

Regards
@adetaq
Congrats!! :D Very happy for you and your family. Now you can get peace of mind and a good night sleep.
Good luck to you in the future.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:14 am

Kukuwife wrote:by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Everning all,

Much appreciated.

Regards

@Kukuwife
Whop! Whop! :lol:
Congratulations and Jubilations!! Finally HO got their head out of their mule and did the right thing.
Enjoy your freedom and good luck to you in your future endeavour.

@all
The forum is raining Visa :D
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:11 am

adetaq wrote:Evening all,

Much appreciated.

Regards
@adetaq Awwwhh congratulations!!!!! Thank you for sharing your story in detail!!! All the best for you and your family!!! Stay Blessed!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:20 am

kiss300 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:I am still waiting for my decision. Waiting is hard.

Application:4/12/13
Acknowledgement:6/12/13
Biometric letter:11/12/13 -- receive on the 17/12/13
Biometric done:18/12/13
Document: waiting
Brp: waiting

Hope I hear from them soon
I can now testify of the goodness of God. Pple I got an email from my lawyer that I have been granted 2 and half years. I will go for it morrow. Thanks to God and to everyone. Those waiting it is well. Ur visas are on their way
Came here on student visa,gave birth and got a British book for me son. Did zambrano and visa refused with appeal. Did appeal and appeal dismissed. Then did article8 and visa granted.

@ada4msd Hun, maybe appealing Zambrano is not the best route? I found this post for you and this lady lost an appeal, but then submited a fresh FLR(O) and was granted within a month. Just a thought....

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 pm

elastep wrote:
@adetaq
Congrats!! :D Very happy for you and your family. Now you can get peace of mind and a good night sleep.
Good luck to you in the future.
Thank you so much elastep. Best of luck to you too. INSHA ALLAH soon you will get sorted.

Cheers

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 pm

verbina wrote: @adetaq Awwwhh congratulations!!!!! Thank you for sharing your story in detail!!! All the best for you and your family!!! Stay Blessed!!!!
Thank you so much verbina. It's been pleasure to be part of this forum.

Regards,

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Big congratulations@adetaq.All the best for the future.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

adetaq

Post by adetaq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

ThisYear wrote:Big congratulations@adetaq.All the best for the future.
@ ThisYear - Thanks a lot for congratulating myself. I pray for your positive outcome.

If anyone is looking for good solicitor in Midlands just drop me a message.

Regards,

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Does anybody have any infomation on Legalaid for JR? when myself and my partner went to see the solicitor last week he stated that there is legal aid avalible for JR but the goverment are trying to stop it me being stupid and haveing to take alot of info in never asked him to explain.

It was my understanding that there is no legal aid for JR only for asylum or am i wrong?.

I am think i read somewhere that legal aid was avalible for an element of the JR process but many scolicitors were reluctant to proceed as they might not get paid but i cant find this article again and i useually save everything.

Does anybody have any views on this?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:34 pm

east579new wrote:Does anybody have any infomation on Legalaid for JR? when myself and my partner went to see the solicitor last week he stated that there is legal aid avalible for JR but the goverment are trying to stop it me being stupid and haveing to take alot of info in never asked him to explain.

It was my understanding that there is no legal aid for JR only for asylum or am i wrong?.

I am think i read somewhere that legal aid was avalible for an element of the JR process but many scolicitors were reluctant to proceed as they might not get paid but i cant find this article again and i useually save everything.

Hi east579new,

I am going through exactly the same thing and still on the hunt. What I have found out so far is that some solicitors do take it on depending on the case and its strength. One even went as far as suggesting me to pay for PAP then claim legal aid for the rest of the JR which defies the whole point which is I cannot afford anything. So my advice is to check it out and go for it if needed.

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi guys.. I follow this forum but am originally from the zbrano forum. Please...I need your help with my flro application. I want to put it in myself cos I can't afford a lawyer( zambrano wasnt successful) :( please my problem is actually the cover letter, I have the documents for the application but the cover letter is my problem. Please any help will be greatly appreciated...please help a sister in need...

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 pm

rina wrote:
east579new wrote:Does anybody have any infomation on Legalaid for JR? when myself and my partner went to see the solicitor last week he stated that there is legal aid avalible for JR but the goverment are trying to stop it me being stupid and haveing to take alot of info in never asked him to explain.

Hi east579new,

I am going through exactly the same thing and still on the hunt. What I have found out so far is that some solicitors do take it on depending on the case and its strength. One even went as far as suggesting me to pay for PAP then claim legal aid for the rest of the JR which defies the whole point which is I cannot afford anything. So my advice is to check it out and go for it if needed.
Hi rina many thanks for the reply im sorry to repeat myself but can you clarify again you have actualy had scolicitors tell you legal aid is avalible for JR.

Rina says " I have found out so far is that some solicitors do take it on depending on the case and its strength" I too suspected they may cherry pic ones that they are certain they can get a result on.

When he said it i thought it was just a trick to get us to sign on the line, because i was pretty sure only legal aid for JR for asylum seekers was the only form avalible.

Did he explain the process of how JR becomes avalible? (im kicking myself for not asking now) i cant find any infomation online that suggests legal aid for JR in article 8 cases is still avalible.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:03 am

@rina
Attachments
Microsoft_Word_-_legal_aid_immigration_cuts_briefing_summer_2013_final.docx_-_legal_aid_immigration_cuts_briefing_summer_2013_final.pdf_-_2014-01-25_23.57.29.png.jpg
Microsoft_Word_-_legal_aid_immigration_cuts_briefing_summer_2013_final.docx_-_legal_aid_immigration_cuts_briefing_summer_2013_final.pdf_-_2014-01-25_23.57.29.png.jpg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 1456 times

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 am

@ verbina,
Thanks my dear, you are absolutely right. Will put in the flr o the flr o. That is a more certain way. Thanks for the effort getting me those text. My fear is that my nhs bill is is above £1000, but iam paying it, so will fail the suitability requirement.
God help me.
GOD IS ABLE

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:49 pm

ada4msd wrote:@ verbina,
Thanks my dear, you are absolutely right. Will put in the flr o the flr o. That is a more certain way. Thanks for the effort getting me those text. My fear is that my nhs bill is is above £1000, but iam paying it, so will fail the suitability requirement.
God help me.
FLR O aplications are outside of the immigration rules are you sure there is a suitability requirement? why would you even produce an nhs bill when there is absolutly no requirement to supply it?.

FLR O applications are outside of immigration rules.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 pm

east579new wrote:
God help me.
FLR O aplications are outside of the immigration rules are you sure there is a suitability requirement? why would you even produce an nhs bill when there is absolutly no requirement to supply it?.

@east579new,
Thanks for your contribution, I stand to be corrected, there are eligibility and suitability requirements, one needs to pass otherwise one fails for refusal. But if flro is considered outside the immigration laws, then I stand a chance. Pardon me, I don't know how to do the link stuff, but if you search "suitability" on UKBA website, it is written there. That is why am confused. Of course I would not put in the bill but they do their checks and can find out themselves . Pls let me know what you think after going through it. Much thanks.
GOD IS ABLE

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm

ada4msd wrote:
east579new wrote:
God help me.

@east579new,
Thanks for your contribution, I stand to be corrected, there are eligibility and suitability requirements, one needs to pass otherwise one fails for refusal. But if flro is considered outside the immigration laws, then I stand a chance. Pardon me, I don't know how to do the link stuff, but if you search "suitability" on UKBA website, it is written there. That is why am confused. Of course I would not put in the bill but they do their checks and can find out themselves . Pls let me know what you think after going through it. Much thanks.
I keep seeing the post that FLR (O) rules are decided outside the rules, this I have to say is true but in all understanding, it is guided by its own rules and has requirements too. This rule shows how much you have contributed, integrated into the society hence why solicitors ask you to produce documents by evidencial default to help aid your application and this discretion is left with the caseworker. I applied under FLR (O) and had to submit documents so also anyone who is a sole carer for a British child, under the 7 year rule or article 8 also fall into the cartegory of outside the rules but yet have to go by the guidance of these requirements or else they will fall under the refusal pool. I hope that made any sense.

Congratulations to shondra shorma, I am very happy that your child's passport came through. A patient man you are my friend and now the road to victory has been laid out before you. I pray we rejoice with you soonest.

@Adetaq I rejoice with you. May the days ahead be fruitful for you and your family. Bless you sir and your contributions. God bless you.

Happy Sunday everyone.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:31 pm

@east579new,
Thanks for your contribution, I stand to be corrected, there are eligibility and suitability requirements, one needs to pass otherwise one fails for refusal. But if flro is considered outside the immigration laws, then I stand a chance. Pardon me, I don't know how to do the link stuff, but if you search "suitability" on UKBA website, it is written there. That is why am confused. Of course I would not put in the bill but they do their checks and can find out themselves . Pls let me know what you think after going through it. Much thanks.[/quote]

I keep seeing the post that FLR (O) rules are decided outside the rules, this I have to say is true but in all understanding, it is guided by its own rules and has requirements too. This rule shows how much you have contributed, integrated into the society hence why solicitors ask you to produce documents by evidencial default to help aid your application and this discretion is left with the caseworker. I applied under FLR (O) and had to submit documents so also anyone who is a sole carer for a British child, under the 7 year rule or article 8 also fall into the cartegory of outside the rules but yet have to go by the guidance of these requirements or else they will fall under the refusal pool. I hope that made any sense.

I understand what you are trying to say Mr lee but solicitors ask you for things that sometimes you may just not have or be able to obtain(they use these things just to try and strengthen your case/there case) and an application outside of the rules does not does not require you to show these things your finances in the end are erelevant its your circumstances and your childs wellbing that plays a major part.

Ie- a percent of people makeing FLR 0 applications on this blog are overstayers so tell me this how would overstayers have any finances to show? (they have no recourse to public funds/benifits) they have no permission to work SO SHOULDENT BE WORKING so in the real world should have £0 income.

Thats why there are no suitability requirements(financial) in FLR O applications its all to do with case law and how well your solicitor puts acreoss your case.

Handing in things that really there is no need to hand in is clouding the issue.

Now if someone has been granted permission to work etc whilst putting in an application thats a different matter.

I once remember a person on here who put in a free application i asume due to destitution then as soon as they were granted mentioned that it in a few weeks time they were going on holiday abroad for a break (sometimes you just cant make this stuff up lol).

Most people on here are makeing applications outside of the rules.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:57 pm

east579new wrote:@east579new,

I understand what you are trying to say Mr lee but solicitors ask you for things that sometimes you may just not have or be able to obtain(they use these things just to try and strengthen your case/there case) and an application outside of the rules does not does not require you to show these things your finances in the end are erelevant its your circumstances and your childs wellbing that plays a major part.

Ie- a percent of people makeing FLR 0 applications on this blog are overstayers so tell me this how would overstayers have any finances to show? (they have no recourse to public funds/benifits) they have no permission to work SO SHOULDENT BE WORKING so in the real world should have £0 income.

Thats why there are no suitability requirements(financial) in FLR O applications its all to do with case law and how well your solicitor puts acreoss your case.

Handing in things that really there is no need to hand in is clouding the issue.

Now if someone has been granted permission to work etc whilst putting in an application thats a different matter.

I once remember a person on here who put in a free application i asume due to destitution then as soon as they were granted mentioned that it in a few weeks time they were going on holiday abroad for a break (sometimes you just cant make this stuff up lol).

Most people on here are makeing applications outside of the rules.[/quote]

lol I am pretty sure that holiday was needed after madam Theresa deprived them of it for a long time.

You are absolutely right with regards to the finances as it is irrelevant. On the other hand you do know some people are blessed to have a job despite the fact they are overstayers and I believe that the home office/solicitors request this in form of P45, P60 or payslips not because it's a requirement but to strongly prove your case that you are not depending on any states benefit in any way. This goes to show that you are also surving by supporting yourself. This I believe caseworkers like to see in terms of finances and if you are not working at least you are supported by a family member or a friend or something. I remember a gentleman here who had to explain to home office more than 3 times that his friend was supporting him in terms of finances and accommodation and that friend had to prove this by showing payslips before he Was granted.

I myself had to show this that my brother is my sponsor and solicitor requested in payslips that he is capable of looking after me etc.

Finances is not a requirement my dear friend but if you can prove that you ain't depending on state, you somehow have to show that you are surving some way or the other.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah I think it was me planning a break abroad after my successful free application... Well to be honest I never claimed to be destitute, my solicitor only submitted a free application because I was arrested and sent to detention centre, so there was no time to prepare the proper application and all I wanted at the time was to get out of jail asap :) . When I was subsequently released with conditions to report I was trying to get my solicitor to agree to submit a real charged application, but he said its best to wait until decision is made and not to confuse things by having two outstanding applications with Home Office.

Later on, when asked to provide additional evidence I had to have a letter from my ex stating that I live with him rent free and that he pays all the bills, food etc. Additionally I supplied monthly money transfer receipts from my dad in Moscow, just to show that I had a monthly allowance from him to cover my expenses and living costs.

Basically its bad enough to be outside the immigration rules because we are overstayers, but its best to try and meet their criteria and show that one is not dependant on the state in any way etc. And if possible to pay off some of the NHS bill to take it down to below £1000 just for one's own peace of mind....

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:32 pm

verbina wrote:Yeah I think it was me planning a break abroad after my successful free application... Well to be honest I never claimed to be destitute, my solicitor only submitted a free application because I was arrested and sent to detention centre, so there was no time to prepare the proper application and all I wanted at the time was to get out of jail asap :) . When I was subsequently released with conditions to report I was trying to get my solicitor to agree to submit a real charged application, but he said its best to wait until decision is made and not to confuse things by having two outstanding applications with Home Office.

Later on, when asked to provide additional evidence I had to have a letter from my ex stating that I live with him rent free and that he pays all the bills, food etc. Additionally I supplied monthly money transfer receipts from my dad in Moscow, just to show that I had a monthly allowance from him to cover my expenses and living costs.

Basically its bad enough to be outside the immigration rules because we are overstayers, but its best to try and meet their criteria and show that one is not dependant on the state in any way etc. And if possible to pay off some of the NHS bill to take it down to below £1000 just for one's own peace of mind....
Happy Sunday people.. I hope I am not deviating from the topic but I am still with social services, can I put in a free application filling in the form cos am being housed by social services and I get a small amount weekly from my kids dad. Do you think I stand a chance, or should I just find a way to pay?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:41 pm

evie233 wrote:
verbina wrote:Yeah I think it was me planning a break abroad after my successful free application... Well to be honest I never claimed to be destitute, my solicitor only submitted a free application because I was arrested and sent to detention centre, so there was no time to prepare the proper application and all I wanted at the time was to get out of jail asap :) . When I was subsequently released with conditions to report I was trying to get my solicitor to agree to submit a real charged application, but he said its best to wait until decision is made and not to confuse things by having two outstanding applications with Home Office.

Happy Sunday people.. I hope I am not deviating from the topic but I am still with social services, can I put in a free application filling in the form cos am being housed by social services and I get a small amount weekly from my kids dad. Do you think I stand a chance, or should I just find a way to pay?
Hi babe! Nope not deviating at all! I think that it wont hurt to try, but I dont know which form you should fill.... The only thing I must say is that it will probably take a lot longer to get your decision compared to charged application (lately those were pretty fast). Good luck !!