ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convert student Tier 4 visa to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aliahmed1979
Newly Registered

Convert student Tier 4 visa to Tier 2

Post by aliahmed1979 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Working in the UK after completing ACCA- for international students.
i think a lot of people do not know that it is still possible to work in the UK after ACCA and you do not have to go back to your country
just enrol in a 1 year or 9 months masters programme and meet the requirements for Tier 2 visa.

ahmed_niaz
Newly Registered

Re: Convert student Tier 4 visa to Tier 2

Post by ahmed_niaz » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:41 pm

aliahmed1979 wrote:Working in the UK after completing ACCA- for international students.
i think a lot of people do not know that it is still possible to work in the UK after ACCA and you do not have to go back to your country
just enrol in a 1 year or 9 months masters programme and meet the requirements for Tier 2 visa.
What do you mean, I think Tier2 doesn't require any specific degree as long as you are okay for job. In tier2, you just need to get a COS thats it. a qualified accountant is good to go anyway.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm

In order to switch in country from tier 4 to tier 2 the applicant needs to have a uk bachelors or masters degree or gave studied at least one year of a phd (other requirements apply) As ACCA is not a degree it is not possible to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 on the basis of this qualification.

ahmed_niaz
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_niaz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Greenie wrote:In order to switch in country from tier 4 to tier 2 the applicant needs to have a uk bachelors or masters degree or gave studied at least one year of a phd (other requirements apply) As ACCA is not a degree it is not possible to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 on the basis of this qualification.
Can you please give any link. I know few ACCAs who got tier 2 on basis on this qualification. Is this a new rule.