ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal dismissed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zaidii

Appeal dismissed

Post by Zaidii » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:42 am

Hi there, my tier 1 entrepreneur time line
Visa applied 8-6-2013
Visa refused July 2013
Appeal July 2013
Reason for refusal CAR missing the date of appointment (online version of CAR)

Hearing on 7-1-2014
No letter received yet however when I called tribunal today I was told that the appeal has been dismissed and the letter was sent out on the 22-1-14
I haven't recieved any letter and my barrister is saying she hasn't got anything either.
I'm planning to go to upper tribunal and will request the tribunal tomorrow to reissue the letter.
The question I have is does the letter come through the registered post?
I understand that I will get 5 days to appeal. When does that time start ?
As I will be requesting for the letter to be reissued.

Will really appreciate any advice
Kind regards

Mr Legal

Re: Appeal dismissed

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 am

Normally they post it through first class mail and allowing two working days to arrive at the destination from the date of posting.They told you that it had been posted on 22nd,so it should have been delivered at your address as earliest as 24th,but unfortunately it was not.And roughly for example,if you had it on 24th,your appeal time would run from 24th onward excluding any bank holidays/weekend.The limitation period to appeal in UT,is 5 working days.

In the Upper Tribunal first issue of your time of appeal(if any occurred) will be determined and the later will see about the permission and they will extend the time of appeal provided that you have submitted your reason of your delay with cogent proof.your lawyer will guide you better in this regard,but your safe side,you should have your calling proof to tribunal enquiring of the outcome of your appeal(any mobile or landline bill) and subsequently your correspondence with them to send you a copy of the decision(emails or letter)

your case is straightforward,and there will be no big deal if you provide the proof that you have not received it during that time.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

Zaidii

Re: Appeal dismissed

Post by Zaidii » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Thank you Mr Legal.