ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help regarding EU1 application!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jenine001
Newly Registered

Urgent Help regarding EU1 application!

Post by jenine001 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Please help urgently.4 weeks ago I applied for EU1 as a spouse of an eu national along side my daughter.last week,I got all the supporting documents back with a letter saying I should go and get my temporary stamp 4.But the problem is,only my daughter's passport was included.My passport and my Eu husband passport was missing,despite the cover letter saying they are returning both our passports.I've sent several email to EUTR but they haven't respond to my mails.Has any1 experience this?

dalebutt

Re: Urgent Help regarding EU1 application!

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 pm

email the INIS and see if they can assist, send a sign for letter and urge them to respond asap, keep all evidence of correspondence.

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

I've mailed them 4 times already,no reply.What I want to know is,do they normally act like that? cos in the letter they sent to me last week,they wrote all the documents they were returning,including the passport numbers.Any experience as per how they normally return supporting documents?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 pm

I didn't experience it, haven't heard of it, I wasn't asking you to email the EUTR again, try visamail@justice.ie and see if they can help.

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Visamail? ok I'll do that.Cheers! Any1 experience it or have heard of where supporting documents are sent separately?

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 am

visamail@justice.ie is for visa inquiries only.Any idea anyone? Can i walk to the immigration office in Burgh quay? will that help?

Darr81

Post by Darr81 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:55 am

visamail@justice.ie is for visa inquiries only.Any idea anyone? Can i walk to the immigration office in Burgh quay? will that help?
No harm in it, u can try its worth a shot.

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Has it ever happened that documents are sent separately? any ideas any1? or is there a different time scale to verify passports? I've never come across anything like this

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm going insane with this,pls some1 help! Have they lost our passports? loads of visas on it and my husband is freaking out as he's got some interview to attend to...

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm

It takes them ages to reply an email. It may not be a good idea to expect getting back from them within days. Have you tried give them a ring? Or even you can pop over to Burgh Quay and probably talk to them directly.
Surinder Singh Settled 2019
Form received by HO: 30th Sep 2019
Passport returned: 11th Oct
Biometrics letter received: 23th Oct
Biometrics enrolled: 26th Oct
COA: 5th Nov
Approval letter received: 31st Jan 2020
BRC received: 1st Feb

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 am

I've tried calling them but they say they can only be contacted via email.If I walk to Burgh Quay,how do I get to see them?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 am

They'll probably answer your emails by the end of the week (and I understand not having the passport is frustrating, but unfortunately there is not much you can do to speed hinges up as they indeed don't take phone calls).

If you go there directly you will have to convince someone at the reception desk to call them and have them come down and talk to you. This might be difficult but since you have good arguments it is possible.

Bring your letter to show the guy and explain that you got that note from the EU Treaty Rights section saying they are sending back your passport, but they forgot to include them and need the passports but you can't reach them by phone or email (and I know the situation is stressful but at least at first try to be calm and polite :-)). If the person there is reasonable and if you insist enough they will call them to check if you can have them come they should be helpful (I have heard of someone before who was able to get their passport back from them because they needed it to travel).

Finger crossed for you not to come across a grumpy and unreasonable clerk downstairs.

jenine001
Newly Registered

Post by jenine001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

I've just gone down to immigration office,apparently they sent our passports back with the document but it got missing at the post office.There was a seal input on the envelope by An post, 'REASEALED BY AN POST' I went to Dublin Mail Center' DMC and they couldn't find the missing passports.I'm lost for word!

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Even when we received our passports back from EU treaty rights, it was in a very thin envelope and there was a tear on the envelope and the passports could have come out easily. The office should use better quality envelopes since it has original important documents or if its too pricy then ask applicants to send self-addressed registered envelopes.

I hope they can track down your missing passports.