ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by sanjaysheth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi there

Sweating over my own OCI application (leave for India with my two baby daughters on 18 Feb) - I had no idea that you had to post your passport for collection from 13 Jan 2014. When did that change and why was it not more prominent on the HCI website?

Can someone please tell me whetehr the Status Enquiry updates for when your passports are received by Royal Mail and then dispatched? I noticed that some people have this in their posts. Mine was received by HCI on Monday 27th Jan but I see no update.

Thanks

Sanjay

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi there

Sweating over my own OCI application (leave for India with my two baby daughters on 18 Feb) - I had no idea that you had to post your passport for collection from 13 Jan 2014. When did that change and why was it not more prominent on the HCI website?

Can someone please tell me whether the Status Enquiry updates for when your passports are received by Royal Mail and then dispatched? I noticed that some people have this in their posts. Mine was received by HCI on Monday 27th Jan but I see no update.

Thanks

Sanjay

nramacha
Newly Registered

Post by nramacha » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi All :)

Received my OCI booklet from HCI London yesterday

My Time line

Date Of Application : 04-DEC-2013 (Royal Mail SD)
Date Of Acknowledgment : 20-DEC-2013
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED : 15-JAN-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI )NEW DELHI : 17-JAN-2014
Document received At LONDON : 20-JAN-2014
Passport sent for stamping : 21-JAN-2014 (Royal Mail SD)
Passport Received from HCI LONDON : 28-JAN-2014

Thanks guys for all the updates and answers and all the best for everyone who are in the process now :)

nramacha
Newly Registered

Post by nramacha » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:09 pm

sanjaysheth wrote:Hi there

Can someone please tell me whether the Status Enquiry updates for when your passports are received by Royal Mail and then dispatched? I noticed that some people have this in their posts. Mine was received by HCI on Monday 27th Jan but I see no update.

Thanks

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay ,

I didnt have any change in the status page after sending the passport for OCI collection ..I used the royal mail tracking provision to check whether or not my passport has been posted back . I believe you would have noted down tracking number of the self addressed envelope that you have sent , use that number to see when they are posting the passport back to you .

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Many thanks

anonimouse
Newly Registered

Post by anonimouse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 am

I got both passports back today, relieved and happy; it took 3 days turn-around.
Thanks for your help.

Use this to track your delivery, instead of the main page on RM site. This delivers more accurate information and shows you the details of where the package is in the system.

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Many thanks. I have been using the tracking service on Royal Mail - it says my original packet was delivered at HCI on Monday but there is no information on the return SAE. That would make sense to me - no nformation until HCI have dispatched it? Or did you have a status for your Special delivery SAE from the start?

Apart from the tragedy of this sudden change in procedure, it's at least a source of comfort I can get some idea of your experiences. I've tried to ring the HCI about 20+ times and only once got through (and he had no clue).

I've also sent multiple e-mails, and only ahd one response which said it should take 2-3 days. My Plan B is to obviously retrieve the passports and get a tourist visa - but I wonder how easy that would be to do from HCI!

Thanks again

Sanjay

SAJIV
Newly Registered

Post by SAJIV » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi Sanjay
I am in the same boat, mine was delivered to HCI by Royalmail on Monday and still tracking my return envelope.Thank you very much for your information about the phone and the e-mail to HCI
please keep updating

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Sajiv

Thanks for your post. When were your documents processed and ready to collect (mine was 13 Dec)? Does your reply envelope tracking also say "Please Come Back Later"?

I wish the HCI would add the collections procedure to their online processing data than for us to pay Royal Mail to do the same - I'm sure it's a matter of time before they do.

Anyone else have any experiences of retrieving their passports from the OCI counter to get a Tourist Visa?

So annoyed at this late change in procedure - totaly unncessary stress which could have been avoided with some notification when I applied in mid-Nov!

Kind regards

Sanjay

anonimouse
Newly Registered

Post by anonimouse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:59 pm

sanjaysheth wrote:Hi Sajiv

Thanks for your post. When were your documents processed and ready to collect (mine was 13 Dec)? Does your reply envelope tracking also say "Please Come Back Later"?

I wish the HCI would add the collections procedure to their online processing data than for us to pay Royal Mail to do the same - I'm sure it's a matter of time before they do.

Anyone else have any experiences of retrieving their passports from the OCI counter to get a Tourist Visa?

So annoyed at this late change in procedure - totaly unncessary stress which could have been avoided with some notification when I applied in mid-Nov!

Kind regards

Sanjay
Sanjay,

There is no point dwelling on the procedure that has changed - I felt the same way. The procedure changed on the very day I was about to go down to collect OCI. Fortunately, I found out here and saved myself some stress and definitely would have lost my cool if I did go down there ;--))

Now, as for tracking the SAE/SD envelope it will not start tracking until it leaves HCI - keep checking on the link I have posted above. DO NOT use the main RM tracker as it will intermittently tell you to come back later as you have found.

I don't think you can go to the OCI Section in Aldwych to collect or apply for a Tourist visa?

Best of Luck.

PS: I would also suggest you don't bombard them with email and telephone calls, they will not take to it very kindly if you understand what I mean. Stay calm and it will all happen.

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks - sensible advice. It's only stressful because I'm flying out on the 18th for a wedding and my passports are now out of my control!

That link you sent doesn't work for my Special delivery: keeps saying it doesn't recognise the tracking ID. I've been using: http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace (which is similar).

You can't get a tourist visa any more from HCI, but as I'm flying on the 18th Feb, my Plan B would be to retrieve my passports and then apply for a tourist visa via their outsourcing service. But not sure how far I'd get even with a cheery smile if I rocked up at Aldwych...(it's not like I could even drop off my passport by hand - I had to go to the Post Office across the road and pay £7 for the privilege!)

Cheers

Sanjay

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Actually, your link does work for my outward mail - it's very detailed. It won't work for the return because it obviously hasn't been sent out as yet.

Thanks

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Sajiv - does your final delivery when you sent show the following? Doesn't sound like HCI to me although was signed by someone called "Manju"?

Date

Time

Status

Track point

27/01/14

09:46

DELIVERED27/01/14

EASTERN CENTRAL CITY

SAJIV
Newly Registered

Post by SAJIV » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi Sanjay
Yes it was signed by Manju and it was on 27th Monday, the time was 9.48am.I think Manju is the person dealing with all mails.OCI status enquiry site does not show anything about the Royal mail at all as you know.According do some posts in this page the passport has been returned in 4 days.

Best Regards
Sajiv

SAJIV
Newly Registered

Post by SAJIV » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

Hi Sanjay and every one

I have received my passport today and OCI booklet.

passport posted to HCI by Special Delivery...24/01/14
Delivered to HCI on...27th
passport and OCI posted back from HCI on...30th
Delivered to me on 31/01/14

Best Regards
Sajiv

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:12 am

Many congrats. When did you first see tracking information in the Royal Mail site for your SAE? Was it on the 30th?

Your timelines are exactly the same as mine so far except for the end result!

ironrose
Newly Registered

Post by ironrose » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:08 pm

:( :( :( :( :(

Hi All,

I sent my british passport for OCI stamping last wednesday.

When HCI returned the document Royal mail lost the documents in transit i.e. My British passport and OCI booklet are now lost.

I wrote mail to HCI this morning and they asked me to send the copy of the British passport and OCI booklet and report from Police.

Even though i told them never recieved the documents; they insist on supplying the copies of the British passport visa page and OCI booklet...

I need to travel in April and i am not sure if i can get another British passport and OCI within that time.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance.

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Sorry to hear that. Did the HCI send your documents back via Special Delivery?

You have plenty of time to get a replacement British passport - you can get one in one day if you book an appointment and pay the fees although you have time to just get one in the standard 10 days:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

I guess if your paperwork is already done there is no reason why you can't also get a replacement quickly? Ask the HCI. Else, if time is tight just get a Tourist Visa which takes 3 days.

Best wishes

Sanjay

ironrose
Newly Registered

Post by ironrose » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 pm

[quote="sanjaysheth"]Sorry to hear that. Did the HCI send your documents back via Special Delivery?

You have plenty of time to get a replacement British passport - you can get one in one day if you book an appointment and pay the fees although you have time to just get one in the standard 10 days:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

I guess if your paperwork is already done there is no reason why you can't also get a replacement quickly? Ask the HCI. Else, if time is tight just get a Tourist Visa which takes 3 days.

Best wishes

Sanjay[/quote]

Yes... it was indeed in the special delivery... I sent the prepaid special delivery post along with passport and the OCI print out status ... on the return the post reached till the local depot and went missing after that ....

urgent passports are not available for lost cases ... same process apparently ... apply .. check and send .. interview .. blah blah blah ...

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:32 pm

That's a shocker. I just can't believe Royal Mail's 'Guaranteed' service could not deliver (but that's why some of us are stressed as it could easily happen to us).

At what stage was your SAR traceable online? As soon as HCI had posted it? I'm getting an error message on mine continuously which is worrying me.

SAJIV
Newly Registered

Post by SAJIV » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Sanjay

If it show error message it means your passport is on the way to you, because that is what happened to me last night,when I checked this morning around 8.30 on royal mail tracking site it said the ''mail is on its way'' and the passport was delivered to me around 11 o'clock.
Good luck
Sajiv

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks all.

Just as an update, I got my documents today (5 working days to process by HCI). My timeline:

Posted documents by Royal Mail Special Delivery 12pm on Fri 24 Jan
Documents received by HCI at 9am on Mon 27 Jan (next working day)
OCI & Passport Documents sent back by HCI on Fri 31 Jan
OCI & Passport Documents received by me on 9am Mon 3 Feb (next working day)

Please follow: www.royalmail.com/trackdetails as helpfully suggested by others

Good luck everyone

Sanjay

ironrose
Newly Registered

Post by ironrose » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 pm

[quote]:( :( :( :( :(

Hi All,

I sent my british passport for OCI stamping last wednesday.

When HCI returned the document Royal mail lost the documents in transit i.e. My British passport and OCI booklet are now lost.

I wrote mail to HCI this morning and they asked me to send the copy of the British passport and OCI booklet and report from Police.

Even though i told them never recieved the documents; they insist on supplying the copies of the British passport visa page and OCI booklet...

I need to travel in April and i am not sure if i can get another British passport and OCI within that time.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

i was about to reapply for a fresh british passport this evening...As luck turns out, Royalmail have found my package with the passport and OCI today ... without any delay i went and collected it from them ... I will be buying some lottery tickets tonight...

Happy days !!!!!

Good luck everyone else with the process.[quote][/quote]

sanjaysheth
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysheth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:04 am

Many congrats! Displaced mail is the new lost luggage it appears...

cpcg

Re: OCI applied in person at CGI Birmingham

Post by cpcg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 am

cpcg wrote:Applied for OCI at CGI Birmingham in person for whole family (2+2) - 12/12/13
Date of acknowledgement: 12/12/2013
Application processed on: 15/01/2014
Application dispatched from Delhi: 17/01/2014
Received in Birmingham on: 22/01/2014
Submit passports in person at Birmingham consulate: 23/01/2014
Collected stamped passports and OCI registration cards on: 31/01/2014

From naturalization application to OCI timeline: 14/09/2013 to 31/01/2014 = 141 days or approximately 4.5 months