ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents Right To Work, Employer's Query, PLZ Help !!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Dependents Right To Work, Employer's Query, PLZ Help !!

Post by HassanAli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi EveryBody,
I am another Silent Observer of this forum and have applied for 50K , PSW Tier1 route. Its been 8 months since i submitted the application and waiting for a decision, the only thing which is bothering me now is my Wife's Right to work as the future employers are asking some tricky questions again and again. To summarize her situation , here is a quick glimpse
-- Her visa is in process as of my dependent so we are waiting for the Home Office to send us their decision
-- She is a qualified medical professional and has registered to all relevant UK Medical Bodies to work as a House Officer
-- She has applied to various agencies for medical work and accepted by one but the company is asking "To provide a letter from Home Office Stating Her Right To Work In UK " as her visa is in process at home office.
I would really really appreciate if any one can advise us what to do as to the best of my knowledge, Home office doesn't provide such letter to show to the employer as our " Right to Work While Visa is in Process" !!!
Please have your say and share your experience as i am sure a few of our fellow forum members must have gone through the same situation.....Many Thanks and Good luck to every One

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Dependents Right To Work, Employer's Query, PLZ Help !!

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:39 pm

@ HassanAli, did you guys submit your applications before your PSW expired?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ HassanAli, did you guys submit your applications before your PSW expired?
Hi "Oasunkanmi" -> Yes we did applied for tier1 Ent well before my psw expired and all terms and conditions of Tier1 Ent were full filled. Application was on time and all required documents were in order ! thanks.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:04 pm

@ HassanAli, from what you stated you and your wife last leave is still valid so your wife still has the right to work in UK. But not all employer understand the process of making the verification check, so your wife need to talk to the employer and explain the process to see if she can persuade them to carry out the check themselve.
The process for the check is given in this link;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/

But if the employer refused to carry out the check, you guys can find any employer to conduct the check for you even a small off-license store can do the check because its very simple and take few days to get a confirmation by either email or fax. You can then take the verification check result to the prospective employer and see if they will be able to accept it. They should if they see the date as recent but if they refused, I dont think there is much you can do on that.

Here is the link to the form,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... equestform
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ HassanAli, from what you stated you and your wife last leave is still valid so your wife still has the right to work in UK. But not all employer understand the process of making the verification check, so your wife need to talk to the employer and explain the process to see if she can persuade them to carry out the check themselve.
The process for the check is given in this link;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/

But if the employer refused to carry out the check, you guys can find any employer to conduct the check for you even a small off-license store can do the check because its very simple and take few days to get a confirmation by either email or fax. You can then take the verification check result to the prospective employer and see if they will be able to accept it. They should if they see the date as recent but if they refused, I dont think there is much you can do on that.

Here is the link to the form,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... equestform
Hi Olasunkanmi : Thanks in abundance for your time and detailed to the point reply, i must say that this forum is a plenty of help for the members who need precise and honest advise because of people like yourself and others like you. I will definitely work on the given guidelines and wish you and all on the forum a very best of luck for your endeavors.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 am

Just look at the condition of your wife previous visa if she had right of work, she would continue that right, but some employers create this problem due to lack of understanding of rules. I don't think any employer will be able to have a check under the present circumstances and better is for you to ask your lawyer to write a detail letter mentioning clearly right of work during the process of yours applications. This will ease abit your situation.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

bus
Singapore

Post by bus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:06 am

@ Alli
I also faced to same situation like your wife in NHS what I did was I gave the UKBA acknowledgement letter and I asked my lawyer to send a letter explaining my eligibility to work. I hope she was a dependent in PSW visa time the reason is till UKBA give the decision we are under last visa category. Hope this help your wife All the very best!!

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks " Mr Legal and Bus", your help is highly appreciated. Good luck to you guys as well :)