ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship three short questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAN1
Newly Registered

British Citizenship three short questions

Post by MAN1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Dear All,

I am due to be eligible for British Citizenship on 13/12/2014.

I have three short and relatively easy queries I guess and would be grateful for your input please.

Would the following affect my application

1. I had LC20 FPN £60 on my Licence in 2009 April which have now cleared and I have a clean counter part, I disclosed this during my Tier-1 extension and ILR. Do I need to disclose this now too when the points have cleared.
2. I lost my job last year and was unemployed for some time during which I applied for council tax reduction, but I fell late in paying them the council tax for a month and though it was only £125, they issued me with a Magistrates Court Order for late payment. I called the council the same day and paid off the whole amount. I did ask the person at the council at that time if this notice will appear on any file and he said no since it has been settled. Would this have any impact on BC?
3. I have a Masters Degree from a recognized London University, would I need to take a confirmation from NARIC or how should I come about filling in the AN form when it asks me for the eligibility for the English Language requirement at B1 level. In the past also at the time of Tier-1 I took IELTS at 7.0 but that was back in 2007. I did the Life in the UK at ILR last year and that is with me.

I would really appreciate help from you.

Many thanks,

Mustafain

trend
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship three short questions

Post by trend » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 pm

1. As long as the FPN was paid and not contested in court, you do not need to disclose it on application and no need to send the licence /counterpart (but licence may be required if used as proof of ID when taking the LIUK test)

2. Again as the late payment was cleared when the demand was made, it should not affect your application so you can omit details of this.

3. As you have a qualification from UK university, you do not need to take additional exams, enclose your UK degree / transcripts as proof of language skills. Expired IELTS can also be used but no need as the UK degree is sufficient in conjunction with the LIUK

MAN1
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship three short questions

Post by MAN1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi trend,

many thanks indeed.

I was wondering if some one out there could share there experience specially regarding council tax late payments or Magistrate Court Summons please.

many thanks,

MAN1