ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child below 18 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kusa
Newly Registered

Child below 18 years

Post by kusa » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 am

I will be applying for naturalisation along with my family and child below 18 years based on ILR + 1 year. Could you pl. advise me which Section of the British Nationality Act 1981 applies for the child who was born in India and has ILR now, which needs to be mentioned in the Section 1.1 of the MN1 form.
Thanks

vinny

Re: Child below 18 years

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Vinny,

My situation is bit similar but the difference is child is born in UK. Me and my wife got the ILR after the childs birth and due to a urgent travel matter we didnt regster him and got his ILR with us at the same time. Now me and wife is eligible to apply to be naturalised and hoping to register my son as a BC same time. So in the MN1 application should I be selecting the point 1(3) or 3(1)?

Thank you in advance,

MP

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.