ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

evie233
Mood:

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by evie233 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm

verbina wrote:
debs1999 wrote:Hi guys I have the joy to tell u all that I have been granted. The Lord that I serve never leaves not forsake his own people. Just put all your trust in Him and he will never fail. I sent my document on the 21st of December 2013, received on 23rd, acknowledgement letter on 27th, biometric letter printed 11th January done on the 15th of January . Biometric card issued on the 27th. Received on the 29th today. Thanks y'all . Those who are waiting Thtions e Lord is your strength and your visas will arrive safely. Just take a leap of faith with God. "Prayer of if goes a long way" just tell God if u do this for me I will do this for you. Then u will see he will do it. And don't make a promise u can't keep.
@debs1999 Congratulations hun!! Well done!!! Stay blessed!!!

Hi verbina.. I checked the latest form flro(FP) and it says the passport is a must, my question is (even though you have answered it before) can home office refuse based on the fact that I am not submitting a passport? I really dont want to mess things up this time and I can't afford a new passport now ( trying to apply before April). Because the new form came in December? Please dont be angry if my question seems silly... Please has anyone applied Dec /jan without a passport?

Thanks...

winners

Post by winners » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:13 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

I thank God and everyone on this site for your comments,because all your comments help me alot,dont know how to express my feeling but i thank you all.
Congratulations Olapoint101 am happy for you ,God have rewarded you atlast!!! enjoy your hard earn freedom.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

sedor21

Post by sedor21 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hello my people..got good news..my solicitor call me that they received decision letter and all document late on friday and have been granted my visa after my first refused back in nov 2013 and i re-apply by december last year.

I thank God and everyone on this site for your comments,because all your comments help me alot,dont know how to express my feeling but i thank you all.
Am very happy for you .

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:12 am

Congrats deb1999 & Olapoint....wow!!Really fast positive responses so far this year.

Go and impact the society in a positive way, surely we too will receive our liberty very SOON! Amen

Those still waiting, please keep the faith. Delay is not necessarily denial
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@rubablu. For this application there is no need for financial requirements and no need english test. But dont jump on 7 years child application if you have otherl option avaliable. There are maxium number of refusals under this category. Its very tough to get a stay under this
. My advise is try to switch your current visa to any other category like work permit, student etc.
@ Shondra Sharma - Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. But I am afraid I may have not any other option. I am in student visa( level 7)and I already spent 7 years. last year they refused me but i win in appeal on article 8. But when HO gave me visa they gave me tier 4. I do not think i can extend my visa on tier 4 again.I did not finish any degree in uk so i can not go for tier 2.

Are you sure there is no need for financial requirements and no need English test for 7 year rules ?

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 am

evie233 wrote:
verbina wrote:
debs1999 wrote:Hi guys I have the joy to tell u all that I have been granted. The Lord that I serve never leaves not forsake his own people. Just put all your trust in Him and he will never fail. I sent my document on the 21st of December 2013, received on 23rd, acknowledgement letter on 27th, biometric letter printed 11th January done on the 15th of January . Biometric card issued on the 27th. Received on the 29th today. Thanks y'all . Those who are waiting Thtions e Lord is your strength and your visas will arrive safely. Just take a leap of faith with God. "Prayer of if goes a long way" just tell God if u do this for me I will do this for you. Then u will see he will do it. And don't make a promise u can't keep.

Hi verbina.. I checked the latest form flro(FP) and it says the passport is a must, my question is (even though you have answered it before) can home office refuse based on the fact that I am not submitting a passport? I really dont want to mess things up this time and I can't afford a new passport now ( trying to apply before April). Because the new form came in December? Please dont be angry if my question seems silly... Please has anyone applied Dec /jan without a passport?

Thanks...
Ok so..I called my lawyer (previous legal aid lady) and she said the same thing verbina said.. So thanks so much verbina.. God bless you babes.. :lol:

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Rubablu wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@rubablu. For this application there is no need for financial requirements and no need english test. But dont jump on 7 years child application if you have otherl option avaliable. There are maxium number of refusals under this category. Its very tough to get a stay under this
. My advise is try to switch your current visa to any other category like work permit, student etc.
@ Shondra Sharma - Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. But I am afraid I may have not any other option. I am in student visa( level 7)and I already spent 7 years. last year they refused me but i win in appeal on article 8. But when HO gave me visa they gave me tier 4. I do not think i can extend my visa on tier 4 again.I did not finish any degree in uk so i can not go for tier 2.

Are you sure there is no need for financial requirements and no need English test for 7 year rules ?
Hi no you don't need any financial requirements and english test for 7 year child rules application. If you don't have any other option, then you have to go for this application but still you have a time until july 2014, try your best. Good luck.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:07 pm

evie233 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks...
@evie Hello love, nope its not a silly question at all!! I dont honestly know if this is perhaps a new regulation or somthing.... I know I definitely wasnt the only one who applied without a passport, but maybe its all changed now...
Hope our wise folk can shed some light on this! Sorry I wasnt much help!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

@evie Ooops I didnt see your last post!! :oops: You re welcome babe! Good luck!!!!

Goodness&Mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Goodness&Mercy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:45 pm

@olapoint101
I rejoice with you and your household,may the sound of rejoicing never departs from your house as you step into your freedom.May you be a point of contact in turning around the case of many on this forum waiting daily on The Lord.

To all waiting on The Lord for a favourable turnaround ,hold on to the word of The Lord for he watches over his word to perform it.
"Weeping May endure for a night but joy comes in the morning" psalm30:5

tei123

Post by tei123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

I ask for advice here and i was given so i say thanks to everyone expecially verbina..God richly bless you.can't name everyone one.but God does

I left UK on 6th nov.2013 submitted my app in Ghana on the 13 and 2day by the grace of God i ve received my spouse visa.

I will advice everyone that meet all the requirements but who has just overstayed should not be afraid to go and apply cos i was in the same situation,was very terrified to leave bcos i was scared i won't be given a visa anymore to UK .God bless u all and wish all our heart desires are granted according to his will.Amen

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Can anybody help me with the name of a good solicitor( experienced on 7 year rules) ? I called Sunrise Solicitor who wants £70 consultation frees and then £1200 . Does anyone have any idea how good Sunrise Solicitors is ? Are they good ? Please let me know if you have any experience.Thanks.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 pm

tei123 wrote:Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

I ask for advice here and i was given so i say thanks to everyone expecially verbina..God richly bless you.can't name everyone one.but God does

I left UK on 6th nov.2013 submitted my app in Ghana on the 13 and 2day by the grace of God i ve received my spouse visa.

I will advice everyone that meet all the requirements but who has just overstayed should not be afraid to go and apply cos i was in the same situation,was very terrified to leave bcos i was scared i won't be given a visa anymore to UK .God bless u all and wish all our heart desires are granted according to his will.Amen

Congratulations big time. I remember reading your post before you left and wondered, Why? It is good this has paid off. Enjoy your freedom

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Can you please let me know if county court judgements- ccj's are checked when you apply for flro, and if they are and someone does have a few, can UKBA deny you because of them, my partner has just found out that he has a few from Years back at another address. He says that the house was shared and two of the bills were in his name, think he moved out without a clear cut I am not sure. But yea that's what we are worrying about now.
Please let me know if they are checked and if they count against the applicant.

Congrats to @olapoint and everyone else who recently got visas

tei123

Post by tei123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:51 pm

TurboA wrote:
tei123 wrote:Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

Congratulations big time. I remember reading your post before you left and wondered, Why? It is good this has paid off. Enjoy your freedom
Thanks,don't know how i gathered the courage to live .Glory be 2 God.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm

big congratulation @tei123!!!!!!!!!! what a fantastic news!!!!!!!!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Hello Forum!!! if someone applied before 12 December 2012 on 7 year child rules, home office must grant a stay. Its a staright forward under the immigration rules, child under 18 and lived in uk for 7 years continuously at the time of application. But home office refused maximum application, it is unlawful. Malik law solicitors saying if someone applied before 12 December 2012, their decision must be made according to the old rules. So solicitors saying this test: It is not reasonable to leave the uk: wasn't before December 2012, simply continuous 7 year residence is enough. Please comment on this guys. I heard today.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Congratulations tier123. You find favour with God and men (HO) Ghana. Stay bless and have a good time with your family. Please continue to pray for us that we should find favour also.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello Forum!!! if someone applied before 12 December 2012 on 7 year child rules, home office must grant a stay. Its a staright forward under the immigration rules, child under 18 and lived in uk for 7 years continuously at the time of application. But home office refused maximum application, it is unlawful. Malik law solicitors saying if someone applied before 12 December 2012, their decision must be made according to the old rules. So solicitors saying this test: It is not reasonable to leave the uk: wasn't before December 2012, simply continuous 7 year residence is enough. Please comment on this guys. I heard today.

Shondra - I understand what you are saying and we have agreed on this forum that HO don't follow there own policies and this relate to the application made before dec "12. Having said that one should be careful with solicitor that is promising 100% success on 7 years so called rules.
If I can remember Malik took this case to appeal court or Supreme Court and he loss but there were some element of the judgement which the judge favour. I can't actually remember is been awhile. During this period he placed advert on facebook saying people with such situation should contact his office . Don't let us forget that each case is different despite having the same underline issue of best child interest
Your expectation will manifest very soon

tei123

Post by tei123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:21 am

Kukuwife wrote:

Congratulations tier123. You find favour with God and men (HO) Ghana. Stay bless and have a good time with your family. Please continue to pray for us that we should find favour also.
Thanks kukuwife & shondra sharma,indeed i did find favour form God..i will and not long all our desires and all we long for shall be granted,in his own time .Amen

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 am

Kukuwife wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello Forum!!! if someone applied before 12 December 2012 on 7 year child rules, home office must grant a stay. Its a staright forward under the immigration rules, child under 18 and lived in uk for 7 years continuously at the time of application. But home office refused maximum application, it is unlawful. Malik law solicitors saying if someone applied before 12 December 2012, their decision must be made according to the old rules. So solicitors saying this test: It is not reasonable to leave the uk: wasn't before December 2012, simply continuous 7 year residence is enough. Please comment on this guys. I heard today.

Shondra - I understand what you are saying and we have agreed on this forum that HO don't follow there own policies and this relate to the application made before dec "12. Having said that one should be careful with solicitor that is promising 100% success on 7 years so called rules.
If I can remember Malik took this case to appeal court or Supreme Court and he loss but there were some element of the judgement which the judge favour. I can't actually remember is been awhile. During this period he placed advert on facebook saying people with such situation should contact his office . Don't let us forget that each case is different despite having the same underline issue of best child interest
These solicitors repeatly saying before 12 december 2012 whoever applied must grant whoever apply after that need to pass the test of : It is not reasonable to leave the Uk. But my understanding is any rules changed after the application if case is not decided then new rules apply to decide these cases doesn't matter application is before or after the new rules comes.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:06 am

Decisions affecting children

(1) The case law of the Upper Tribunal has identified the following principles to assist in the determination of appeals where children are affected by the appealed decisions:

i) As a starting point it is in the best interests of children to be with both their parents and if both parents are being removed from the United Kingdom then the starting point suggests that so should dependent children who form part of their household unless there are reasons to the contrary.

ii) It is generally in the interests of children to have both stability and continuity of social and educational provision and the benefit of growing up in the cultural norms of the society to which they belong.

iii) Lengthy residence in a country other than the state of origin can lead to development of social cultural and educational ties that it would be inappropriate to disrupt, in the absence of compelling reason to the contrary. What amounts to lengthy residence is not clear cut but past and present policies have identified seven years as a relevant period.

iv) Apart from the terms of published policies and rules, the Tribunal notes that seven years from age four is likely to be more significant to a child that the first seven years of life. Very young children are focussed on their parents rather than their peers and are adaptable.

v) Short periods of residence, particularly ones without leave or the reasonable expectation of leave to enter or remain, while claims are promptly considered, are unlikely to give rise to private life deserving of respect in the absence of exceptional factors. In any event, protection of the economic well-being of society amply justifies removal in such cases.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:51 pm

@Tei123 Awwwwh Im so so happy for you darling!!!!! It was so brave of you to go back home and re-apply!! I truly am happy that everything worked out well for you in the end!!!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:41 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="tei123"]Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

I will advice everyone that meet all the requirements but who has just overstayed should not be afraid to go and apply cos i was in the same situation,was very terrified to leave bcos i was scared i won't be given a visa anymore to UK .God bless u all and wish all our heart desires are granted according to his will.Amen[/quote]

@Tei123 Awwwwh Im so so happy for you darling!!!!! It was so brave of you to go back home and re-apply!! I truly am happy that everything worked out well for you in the end!!!![/quote]

@Tei123. Congratulations. Bold move. Not for the feint hearted. Lol!!!! Enjoy.
@Verbs. So I see you got your BRP before you sent your application!! Lol!!! I think it should read 13/01/2014 not 2013.. Hope you're good!!

On another note. I received an acknowledgement from the TSol other day stating that they've received the papers served on them and that their client had 21 days to respond. They gave the actual due date for the response from HO, but guess you what?? They haven't bothered to respond to the court by the due date, as is normal practice for them. Lol!!

I gave the court a call yesterday to verify if they have responded but, alas. No such luck. Gave the court another call today and...... zilch. Will give them a couple more days then probably write to the court and enlighten them. Stay blessed all!!

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

MissA wrote:Hi everyone,

Can you please let me know if county court judgements- ccj's are checked when you apply for flro, and if they are and someone does have a few, can UKBA deny you because of them, my partner has just found out that he has a few from Years back at another address. He says that the house was shared and two of the bills were in his name, think he moved out without a clear cut I am not sure. But yea that's what we are worrying about now.
Please let me know if they are checked and if they count against the applicant.

Congrats to @olapoint and everyone else who recently got visas
@MissA I suppose your partner ticked 'NO' to CCJs on the form. Whether this will affect his decision I cannot tell. Hope the wise friends on this forum have an answer. Good luck