ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years and EEA Family member

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamransh
Mood:

ILR 10 years and EEA Family member

Post by kamransh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 am

Hi guys, I have a question about applying for ilr long residency. I have been in the uk for 10 years now as follows

4 years as a Student
2 years as PSW
2 years tier 1 general and
2 years as a family member of eea national.

My question is specifically regarding 2 years spent as a family member. My wife is a full time worker as is exercising treaty rights. Would my 2 years spent as family member count in 10 years? I have been reading the UKBA guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary and on page 27 its talks about case workers discretion to count the time sent as EEA family member in long residency. What exactly does this mean? Is this only applicable in some special circumstances?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 years and EEA Family member

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 am

Yes it would.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks Amber_,
would I need to send my wife's P60 or pay slips for 2 years to prove that she is exercising treaty rights?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:44 pm

can please tell me what happen with is situiation,
because i visa process is coming in same way.

4 years as student
2 years as PSW
4 years as EEA family member.

can my 4 years counts as a family member in 10 years long residencey ,me and and wife are living together,
how many years P60 i have to show my wife ( EEA National ) , in my ilr application.
Thanks
khan

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi,
I will be applying in March.
You will have to prove that your wife was exercising treaty rights by showing p60 for years spent as eea family member.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks , i will be applying in April,
i have my Wife ( EEA National ) las t 3 P60, Excercising Treaty Rights means that she been living in uk and working all this time. My wife been working all this time in uk, but she is working as part time.
Thanks
Khan

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 pm

kamransh wrote:Hi guys, I have a question about applying for ilr long residency. I have been in the uk for 10 years now as follows

4 years as a Student
2 years as PSW
2 years tier 1 general and
2 years as a family member of eea national.

My question is specifically regarding 2 years spent as a family member. My wife is a full time worker as is exercising treaty rights. Would my 2 years spent as family member count in 10 years? I have been reading the UKBA guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary and on page 27 its talks about case workers discretion to count the time sent as EEA family member in long residency. What exactly does this mean? Is this only applicable in some special circumstances?

Thanks
Hello dear,I have exactly the same rout as you,4student+2PSW+2tier1+2EEA and I am applying on 8/1/16.i didn't meet the tier1 targets neither applied for its extension but went for EEA visa.if I go for 10years route,will I be refused because of not meeting the targets of tier1?i will appreciate any help.please,if anyone see my post,please advice me.

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Time spent under family member of eea national will count in your 10 year residency however your eea residence permit will be cancelled when you get ILR ( so no more visa free travel within Europe)

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:18 pm

kamransh wrote:Time spent under family member of eea national will count in your 10 year residency however your eea residence permit will be cancelled when you get ILR ( so no more visa free travel within Europe)
Thanks for reply but my worry is I didn't meet the tier1 targets.do I need to meet those targets by paying more tax of the 2011-2013 years?will that time be counted as legal?

Rbemo
Newly Registered

Post by Rbemo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the update. I belong to the same case and I'm due to apply for ILR in couple of months. Could anyone please recommend a wise Solicitor or case worker towards the above scenario.

Regards,
Rbemo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 am

Rbemo wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the update. I belong to the same case and I'm due to apply for ILR in couple of months. Could anyone please recommend a wise Solicitor or case worker towards the above scenario.

Regards,
Rbemo
1. You have tagged onto a topic from 2014. Kindly refrain from digging up old topics to tag onto. Start your own thread with your circumstances and questions. See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)

2. Members are also not permitted to name solicitors details and information on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.