ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liability Order, UK Degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAN1
Newly Registered

Liability Order, UK Degree

Post by MAN1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 am

Dear All,

I had a liability order issued from my council for unpaid council tax as I missed a notice from them and owing to the fact that I was unemployed at that time, I forgot to make the council tax payment. As soon as I received the notice I called up the council and settled the debt in installments. I literally checked with them yesterday and my account is showing zero balance as I have cleared my council tax for this year. Would the liability order affect my naturalization/British Citizenship?

Also, I have a Master's Degree from London Metropolitan back in 2007, I cleared IELTS twice with 7.0 band, but both have expired after two years. Would I only need to send my degree and nothing else, or would I need to include a NARIC certificate, which I currently haven't applied for.

Please seniors/experts help as I am due to apply this month for Citizenship.

Many thanks,

MAN1

MAN1
Newly Registered

Re: Liability Order, UK Degree

Post by MAN1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 am

Hi friends, could someone please share their experience.

I required help fairly urgently.

Many thanks,

MAN1

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:03 pm

your query has been answered before and you were given a successful example of a member who was in the same situation. :|

If you have already paid the arrears and then IMHO I don't think there is anything to worry about but make sure you confirm it with the council again and ask them if there is anything on their systems still showing that you owed the amount or regarding the summons then if its corroborated that all paid and nothing outstanding then it means you are good to go :D
MAN1 wrote:Also, I have a Master's Degree from London Metropolitan back in 2007, I cleared IELTS twice with 7.0 band, but both have expired after two years. Would I only need to send my degree and nothing else, or would I need to include a NARIC certificate, which I currently haven't applied for.
Master's degree is Enough IMHO. :wink:

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 pm

GOD ALMIGHTY thanks unlimited to YOU.

Hi All,

I did not declare the Liability Order, nor LC20 £60FPN on my application. My BC has been approved.

Hope this helps others.

All the best.