ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swiss citizen travelling to UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajsin

Swiss citizen travelling to UK

Post by rajsin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Dear Friends,

My girlfriend (Swiss citizen) is planning to stay with me in the UK for 6 months i.e. May to October '14 (but it may extend to 1 year). Could you help me understand if its legal for a Swiss citizen to stay in the UK for that long? (i am quite confused because i read somewhere that Switzerland is not a part of EU???)

She will be pursuing a 3 month english training course during her stay here. Does she have to register herself with the Swiss embassy (UK) or any other registration offices here in the UK (for European citizens) once she is here?

Or in other words what are the legal formalities required to be done in the UK for a Swiss citizen who wishes to stay in the UK for a long period?

Thanks,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Swiss citizen travelling to UK

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Swiss nationals are treated same like EEA citizens. See Rights and responsibilities.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Thank you Sheraz7

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:43 am

She can register her presence with the Swiss Consulate in London if she wishes. It is not mandatory but beneficial if she plans on living in the UK for a period and requires consular assistance in that time.

Other than that, she is free to meander throughout the island as she wishes!

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank You Plum70
RS-77
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-EU/ICT LTS UK (Oct'11)/Married to CH National/Swiss B permit (Feb'14)