ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Al Haqq

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:27 pm

@CrstalNewbie, Yes you are qualified to apply 28 days I believe. Check the link for conditions

"The How to apply for settlement section contains information about sending your application and which application form to use. You must be in the UK when you apply using one of these application forms.

Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (if a fee is charged for your application type). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires."

The quotation is from on of the links below if it does not work then cop and paste.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tiontypes/

Good luck.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: @All @Elastep @Appeal Hearing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"]@["nilemarques"]I do have continuous legal stay and will be ten years on sixth of september this year but I hope its sorted out in court...but we will see. Home office is an interesting animal...

[quote="CrystalNewbie"]Hi all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas and those who have won in court. @Elastep...wishing you all the best today. God will favour you. I have finally been given date for my appeal...21 August. At first i was not happy until I realised that I clock 10 years on 6th September 2014....so let them delay...if I fail in court I appeal again and reach my ten years and just put in ILR. A good weekend to all.[/quote]

@CrystalNewbie. That's great news.. Just one question! In what capacity would you be applying for ILR? Have you had continuous unbroken leave ? I do remember you saying that you're are not an overstayer though. I thought that route was for those who've had continuous LTR if I remember correctly. Educate me please if you can!

@Satsug. I believe that the HO will consider the rules in force at the time of decision. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I applied before the new rules came into force but were decided on the new rules!![/quote][/quote]

@CrystalNewbie. Thanks for clarifying. Was thinking that maybe I have missed something there!! And to let you and everyone else know. I have received a letter from TSol asking me for an extension of another 21 days!! They haven't asked officially from the court so just weighing my options right now, which are pretty simple really. Either yes or no! Lol!!! Am thinking of going for the later as I have been waiting a long time!!

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:49 pm

@nilemarques; Two possible outcomes when you say no
1. The TSol will ignore the no and will still not give a response before 21 days. (Because the court are still stryggling with the back log) and they know this.
2. Good to say no, because when it finally gets to a judge they may likely still request further extension which they might get but the Judge may also say no based on the several ones they have had unofficially.

The decision is entirely up to you.I know you are a clever person so please keep a log of all this details, the TSol correspondence, note the dates.

Anyway good luck.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:00 pm

[quote="Al Haqq"]@nilemarques; Two possible outcomes when you say no
1. The TSol will ignore the no and will still not give a response before 21 days. (Because the court are still stryggling with the back log) and they know this.
2. Good to say no, because when it finally gets to a judge they may likely still request further extension which they might get but the Judge may also say no based on the several ones they have had unofficially.

The decision is entirely up to you.I know you are a clever person so please keep a log of all this details, the TSol correspondence, note the dates.

Anyway good luck.[/quote]

@Al Haqq. Thank you! It has been noted. Was actually thinking that they will apply to the court anyway. So am in the middle of writing to them now saying no!

satsug
Newly Registered

Re: @All @Elastep @Appeal Hearing

Post by satsug » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 pm

@Satsug. I believe that the HO will consider the rules in force at the time of decision. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I applied before the new rules came into force but were decided on the new rules!![/quote]

@nilemarque
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!! I believe decision under old and new rule is depends on initial discretionary leave grant date!! I think for ur case U applied before july2012 but when they decide new rules came into force. But for my case my initial grant was 2011. i have applied for extension only. but they consider new rule and refused. i am go for appeal.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Hello Guys, just to let you all know how it went at my hearing today.
After what happened at my hearing today, I'm feeling very positive about my case. My barrister argued my case very strongly and the Judge agreed that the HO had failed to consider my circumstances when they made a decision about my case and I'm very pleased about it.
My case has been scheduled for further hearing in May because the Judge wants to give the HO a chance to reconsider my case properly as their presenting officer said "that they didn't know about my immigration history" :roll: and if they still refuse to grant me a Visa, permission to proceed for JR will be granted.
I'm very happy to say that If I'm again refused FLR after further reconsideration, the refusal letter will come with a deportation order which will automatically generate a right of appeal for me :D

Thank you very much @all for your prayers and the words of encouragement you sent my way. It was a source of comfort for me today and I pray that God's mercy and blessing will be with you all.... Amen.
Stay blessed.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 pm

[quote="elastep"]Hello Guys, just to let you all know how it went at my hearing today.
After what happened at my hearing today, I'm feeling very positive about my case. My barrister argued my case very strongly and the Judge agreed that the HO had failed to consider my circumstances when they made a decision about my case and I'm very pleased about it.
My case has been scheduled for further hearing in May because the Judge wants to give the HO a chance to reconsider my case properly as their presenting officer said "that they didn't know about my immigration history" :roll: and if they still refuse to grant me a Visa, permission to proceed for JR will be granted.
I'm very happy to say that If I'm again refused FLR after further reconsideration, the refusal letter will come with a deportation order which will automatically generate a right of appeal for me :D

Thank you very much @all for your prayers and the words of encouragement you sent my way. It was a source of comfort for me today and I pray that God's mercy and blessing will be with you all.... Amen.
Stay blessed.[

Thanks for updating us on the outcome of the hearing today. From the detail explanation it seems to me that you indeed find favour and it is a good news. Within the three months given I hope that HO will assume fully responsibility of wrong decision been made and do the needful.
You will not be refused but be granted very soon
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Alubosa
Newly Registered

Post by Alubosa » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:47 am

Pls what are the document need for the processing of FLR (o)?...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:57 am

Alubosa wrote:Pls what are the document need for the processing of FLR (o)?...
On what basis u r applying for flro???????????
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 am

[quote="elastep"]Hello Guys, just to let you all know how it went at my hearing today.

Stay blessed.[/quote]

@Elastep. That's very encouraging news. Hopefully the amoebas will come to their senses this time around and give what is due to you. To me it seems a no brainer in not granting you. I think their motto is "make them suffer". Anyway, we'll keep you in our prayers for the final 'rumble in the jungle'.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:15 am

nilemarques wrote:
elastep wrote:Hello Guys, just to let you all know how it went at my hearing today.

Stay blessed.
@Elastep. That's very encouraging news. Hopefully the amoebas will come to their senses this time around and give what is due to you. To me it seems a no brainer in not granting you. I think their motto is "make them suffer". Anyway, we'll keep you in our prayers for the final 'rumble in the jungle'.
@Elastep, Yay! This is brilliant!! Well done!! Im certain you ll be getting your visa before May!! Nearly there darl! :P :P :P :P
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:18 am

ikeron wrote:Hi everyone, can someone tell me what are the difference between FLR (O) and FLR (M) application? Thanks.

FLR(O) outside the rules-illegal entrants, overstayers and such

FLR(M) is marriage for legit immigrants (I think...)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

liaqatali
Newly Registered

Post by liaqatali » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:39 am

Kukuwife wrote:by adetaq » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Everning all,

Just got call from my solicitor an hour ago and guess what??? I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. Hurray!!!

On 16th December 2013 the HO received my application and on 24th January 2014 leave was granted. That was quick just after few days of requesting additional documents the leave was granted.

Everyone in this forum has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for your concern, means a lot to me.

Much appreciated.

Regards
congratulation you and ur family. Can u provide list of documents which u have submitted with ur application it would be very helpful for others thanks
adetaq- congratulations. It was a very fast decision and it was in your favour.

marar
Newly Registered

Post by marar » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:27 pm

hi everyone,

I have a good story to tell u.
I applied for PSW in 25/02/2012, just before my students visa expiry.
Got refused coz i didnt get the certificate before april which was the cut off time for psw.
Went for appeal under Article 8 coz I am living with a partner who is a British girl and I have 2 children who are also British citizens.
Appeal allowed on 22/11/12 for reconsideration of the new circumstances.
HO went for permission to appeal against the above decision, which got refused on 11/12/2012.
I got acknowledgement letter from HO on 10/01/2013. No correspondence from HO after this till date
I kept on following up and was getting reply like "awaiting outcome", process not completed".
Contacted MP to follow it up.
MP's office got a letter stating a totally different story saying the appeal was dismissed, however allowed under section 47(confusing).There is no basis for me to stay in the UK and I am an over stayer.
My workplace got a letter from Employer checking service that there is no application on my name for leave to remain.
I called up the ukba call centre and they are saying "there is no pending application".
I didnt get any letter or notice directly from HO till date.

Dont know what to do and whats happenning?
Please advice me if possible..I admit its very confusing

Thanks everyone,
Marar.
I have Send letters attaching all the court determinations to HO compliants, MP's office for more clarifications.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Seems Mrs M has a new sidekick. Not that the leopard is gonna change its spots!! Lol!!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26102599

marar
Newly Registered

Post by marar » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you for the post "nilemarques",

But how is it possible? cannot understand at all. How could a law & enforcement department be so irresponsible? what can we do about it?? It looks like whole immigration department is messed up,,,lol.

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 am

ikeron wrote:@hadz7
It's really nice to share ideas.God is on our side. You said after the Ho asked you to withdraw your JR they refused you again. Did they used the same grounds or different to refused you?
@ikeron
Thanks for ur reply ikeron . They applied new rules which were introduced on 9th july on my case even though my article 8 application was made in march 2012
1. Your wife has got medical condition but shes not in a state where she has to depend on u all the time .
2. She can travel back to my home country with me even she dont understand the language of my country neither she can speak .
3 . They said i have shown my family dont live in my home country anymore but i havent shown that i cant go back and accomodate myself in backhome as i have spent 20 years of my life in my home country so i will be fine .
4 . They neglect my mother serious illness as she is battling with cancer from past 3 years but they dint even mentioned about it in refusal letter even though they confirmed my mother serious illness in reply of the letter my MP wrote to them a year ago and promised they will give decision soon .

They have not given me any right of appeal as i was over stayer for 4 months at the time of i made spouse application . My wife is completly heart broken and we cant believe that after 2 and half years of our marriage we have to be say good bye to each other .
Can anyone on this forum please give me any right advice what can i do in this situation whats the best step to take .
i will appreciate ur suggestions.
God Bless Us All ..

Kind Regards

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:43 am

Kukuwife wrote:
elastep wrote:Hello Guys, just to let you all know how it went at my hearing today.

Stay blessed.[

Thanks for updating us on the outcome of the hearing today. From the detail explanation it seems to me that you indeed find favour and it is a good news. Within the three months given I hope that HO will assume fully responsibility of wrong decision been made and do the needful.
You will not be refused but be granted very soon
@Kukuwife
I hope that they come to their senses and do the right thing as they where the one who messed up my immigration case with their incompetence from day one and I'm also very curious to see what what type of grant I will be given when they decide to wake up and see what all the error they did when handling my case have done to me.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 am

nilemarques wrote:

Stay blessed.
@nilemarques
They had better make way and do the right thing as I'm coming to trample on them if they refuse :lol: They never thought that my case was a threat to them and I think, that this was why they never tried to get it sorted out with my solicitor before it gets to court. I know for sure that they have taken notice of my case and before the hearing I would have taken 30months if they had given it to me because I had noe idea of how strong my case is but now after hearing what my barrister said to the Judge and what the Judge said to the HPO if I'm not happy with my grant I will be challenging it.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:12 am

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:

Stay blessed.
@Elastep, Yay! This is brilliant!! Well done!! Im certain you ll be getting your visa before May!! Nearly there darl! :P :P :P :P
@Verbina
How are you? I hope life is treating you as the loving empress you are :lol:
I hope it arrives before May as I can't wait to join the rat race and finally put this nightmare behind me. I'm praying that it comes before Easter as that is what I want as a present. When it come it will mean freedom and oh what joy will fill my heart.....
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 am

marar wrote:hi everyone,

I have a good story to tell u.
I applied for PSW in 25/02/2012, just before my students visa expiry.
Got refused coz i didnt get the certificate before april which was the cut off time for psw.
Went for appeal under Article 8 coz I am living with a partner who is a British girl and I have 2 children who are also British citizens.
Appeal allowed on 22/11/12 for reconsideration of the new circumstances.
HO went for permission to appeal against the above decision, which got refused on 11/12/2012.
I got acknowledgement letter from HO on 10/01/2013. No correspondence from HO after this till date
I kept on following up and was getting reply like "awaiting outcome", process not completed".
Contacted MP to follow it up.
MP's office got a letter stating a totally different story saying the appeal was dismissed, however allowed under section 47(confusing).There is no basis for me to stay in the UK and I am an over stayer.
My workplace got a letter from Employer checking service that there is no application on my name for leave to remain.
I called up the ukba call centre and they are saying "there is no pending application".
I didnt get any letter or notice directly from HO till date.

Dont know what to do and whats happenning?
Please advice me if possible..I admit its very confusing

Thanks everyone,
Marar.
I have Send letters attaching all the court determinations to HO compliants, MP's office for more clarifications.
@marar
This is what I call the classic HO incompetance case.
Your case sound similar to mine but there are differences between our cases. 1) You came on student visa , I came on a visitor visa. 2) You are married with kids and I'm not. 3) It took 2 years for the HO to inform you that you have no outstanding application in my case it took them almost 8 years to inform me that I have no outtanding application and this is after all the letters that they wrote to my MP saying that my Article 8 application is outstanding and awaiting consideration.
SAR your file from HO it cost about £10 or £15 I think and look through it to see what is going on. Before this get a solicitor to write PAP letter informing TSoL of a possible JR action. This should get them to pull out your file and have a look at it.
Outcome:

marar
Newly Registered

Post by marar » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:39 am

@elastep
Thank you for posting the reply.
There is one clarification. I am not married but living with the partner.
My concerns are :
1) I am the only income provider and I got suspended from work because of the recent development of " no outstanding application".
2) my third child will be born any time.
Where do I stand? It looks like my right to work is gone.
How can I reinstate that?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:59 am

[quote="marar"]Thank you for the post "nilemarques",

But how is it possible? cannot understand at all. How could a law & enforcement department be so irresponsible? what can we do about it?? It looks like whole immigration department is messed up,,,lol.[/quote]

@marar. Yeah I think the whole department is a joke!! Not a lot we can do besides fighting them in the courts till the end!
Blessed Sunday everyone!!

naba

Post by naba » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Dear friends, Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations to all who received visa and good luck to those are waiting...God bless us!

naba

Post by naba » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Stay blessed.
Wow, this is very positive news! Can you please let me know did the judge make the comment (HO had failed to consider) on the hearing day? Thank you hun