ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - 5 year WP - Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

ILR Success - 5 year WP - Cardiff PEO

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Just wanted to thank this forum for the invaluable information provided. I read this so much and got all the information I needed. I have been a member since before I got my WP 5 years ago.

I got my ILR yesterday at Cardiff PEO.
I took the below documents:

6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Mortgage Statement
Employer letter with SOC code and salary and job description
Contracts
WP
I also wrote a beautiful explanation in the form where it say would u like to tell us anything about u and ur family to help us make this decision..I mentioned how long ago I came, How my roots are here now, kids born and just how we've gotten used to the life in the UK. Don't know if this helped!

I think the staff at Cardiff is exceptionally good. It wasn't crowded at all! When I went there I actually found out that I had paid wrong fee for a wrong category but filled up the correct SET(O) form, they said I could pay the correct fee and the previously paid will be refunded to me. I did that and it all went smoothly! I went there at 9 instead of 10am which was my appointment time, I was seen within 15-20 mins. After the documents were taken, I was asked to go and wait for the phone call. Got a call in 3 hours and I was nervous and anxious as hell when I went to collect the document..When they said its approved, I Jumped and screamed with excitement...:-)

I made sure I reached Cardiff one day before so I could go fresh. I have always noticed, It makes a lot of difference if u look and smell fresh and smart when u go for these things. Don't look haggard...make an effort to dress and speak well..that's half the battle won!!

Driving all the way to Cardiff was worth it. I have 4 dependents, but I decided to do just my application, just in case i got rejected so I don't lose the money. Now applying for the dependents by post.

Once again THANK YOU Immigration Boards members for doing this amazing job!!!! I will be back for citizenship advice...

pinkpop

Re: ILR Success - 5 year WP - Cardiff PEO

Post by pinkpop » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 am

Congrats!

srbucks25
Newly Registered

Post by srbucks25 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:03 am

Congrats on getting ILR.
I am also applying for ILR in March 2014.
I am glad if you could share the template of the "Employer letter with SOC code and salary and job description" after excluding the figures in it.
Did you attached any letter from your employer regarding the absences.

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi,

I had no business related absences, this was the format I used:

The Home Office Public Enquiry Office
31 - 33 Newport Road
Cardiff
Wales CF24 0AB

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
01 February 2014

Re: Mrs xxxxxx (Name), Holder of Indian Passport No. xxxxxxxxx (Passport No.)

I write to confirm that the above-named is currently employed on a full-time basis by xxxxxxx(Company's Name).

Mrs. xxxx(Name) has been employed as an xxxx (Job Position) (SOC Code xxxx) since xx xx xxxx(Date) - without any work-related absences outside the United Kingdom - and has been based at the company's head office at xxx(Office Address) . Her current salary is £xx,xxx(Annual Salary) per annum.

I can confirm that Mrs. xxxx(Name) employment is on-going and that she will be employed by the company for the foreseeable future.
As such we support her application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the United Kingdom.
She was away from the UK on the below mentioned dates:

From UK----To UK------Reason
xx.xx.xxxx xx.xx.xxxx Annual Leave

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information or assistance.
Yours Sincerely,

Good Luck with your application srbucks25, hope this helps :-)

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 am

What is the SOC code for? Tier 2 only?

That must be a long letter, to list every bit of leave like that.

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 am

This SOC letter is for the 5 yr work permit. But I am guessing can be used for any application that requires SOC code.

I decided to have the annual leave mentioned in my SOC letter because I ticked option in section 6.3 in the SET(O) form that says: Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?

srbucks25
Newly Registered

Post by srbucks25 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Thank you "pjoshi007" for providing the helpful template.