ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Set(O) from Tier 1-Highly Skilled: PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doconner

ILR Success - Set(O) from Tier 1-Highly Skilled: PEO Croydon

Post by doconner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm

I've read a lot on this forum, but haven't really posted much since applying for Further Leave to Remain a few years ago. I mostly appreciated reading people's experience and success stories to get an idea of if I was on the right track with my application.

My experience isn't too different from this recent success story, but wanted to share in case the particulars help anyone else out.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 57203.html

I applied for ILR on form Set(O) for just myself, with no dependents.

My visa background in the UK was:

- 6 month BUNAC Scheme July 2008 -> December 2008
- [returned to the US and applied for Tier 1 Highly Skilled from there]
- My initial Tier 1 HSM visa was valid from March 4th 2009, and I arrived on that day.
- My 5 year mark is March 4th, 2014, but I applied in person at the PEO on February 7th. 25 days short of 5 years.

During those 5 years I've had two periods of brief unemployment due to companies going into administration. This wasn't a concern.
My total number of days out of country during the 5 years was 90, the most in any single year was 28.

Documents I provided with my application:

- Online Payment Confirmation printout
- Life in UK pass certificate
- Two passports: My recently expired passport, and my current valid passport
- Biometrics Residency Permit
- 12 months of bank statements
- payslips from two previous jobs (changed jobs in July due to company going into administration)
note: Current company provided payslips printed in color on plain A4 paper. I asked that they be reprinted on company letterhead and stamped)

- A single letter from each company providing a summary of earnings. (this is probably unneccessary but I felt it would probably make things easier)

- Letter from previous two jobs noting annual leave for trips out of the country. These letters only date back about 18 months, so I had nothing for first 3 1/2 years of my Tier 1

Documents I had with me but did not submit nor was I asked for:

- original degree certificate
- original university transcript
- HMRC earnings summary for 5 years
- Birth certificate

I had an 8am appointment.
I arrived at about 7:55. My number for the day was 112.
I was approved and on my way out by 9:25.

My application was approved more quickly than people with lower numbers than mine, most likely due to being a single applicant with no dependents.

Best of luck to everyone

pinkpop

Re: ILR Success - Set(O) from Tier 1-Highly Skilled: PEO Cro

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Congrats! Did u submit any p60s?

doconner

Post by doconner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 pm

pinkpop wrote:Congrats! Did u submit any p60s?
Thanks!

I did not submit any p60s.

I had my 'earnings summary' from HMRC, and my P60 from my last position both with me, but I didn't submit them nor were they asked for.

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:58 pm

doconner wrote:
Thanks!

I had my 'earnings summary' from HMRC, and my P60 from my last position both with me, but I didn't submit them nor were they asked for.
I think that the earning summary from hmrc is similar evidence as p60s they are both strong evidence of paying tax for past years. Could you please tell me if you don't mind why you submitted the earning summary instead of p60s? Thank you very much.

doconner

Post by doconner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 pm

pinkpop wrote:
doconner wrote:
Thanks!

I think that the earning summary from hmrc is similar evidence as p60s they are both strong evidence of paying tax for past years. Could you please tell me if you don't mind why you submitted the earning summary instead of p60s? Thank you very much.
I actually didn't submit either the Earnings Summary or the P60s. I had them both with me in case they asked. The only earnings documentation I provided was previous 12 months payslips, employer letter summarising those payslips on a single letter headed sheet, and my bank statements.

I had the extra documents with me, but I only submitted exactly what they asked for.

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 pm

I should read your list carefully sorry :)
I have p60s and just wondering that is that necessary to get the earning summary from hmrc? Could you please tell me that waht kind information shown on the earning summary? (For e.g every year tax paid, dates for employments etc)

Just want make sure that if the earning summary holds same information as p60s.

raghav76
Newly Registered

Post by raghav76 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

You don't need to submit P60 or Employment history from HMRC if you have spent your 5 years in UK on Tier-1(general) visa. You have to show last 12 months earning to make sufficient points.

mimikay
Newly Registered

Post by mimikay » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:12 pm

raghav76 wrote:You don't need to submit P60 or Employment history from HMRC if you have spent your 5 years in UK on Tier-1(general) visa. You have to show last 12 months earning to make sufficient points.
Exactly, many people complicate their applications, the idea is to keep it as simple as possible, if you were on tier 1 General for the last 5 years, you only need to prove income for 12 out of the last 15 months and you do not need P60 for 5 years or any statement from HMRC.