ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED INFORMATION

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

romy4you

NEED INFORMATION

Post by romy4you » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:26 pm

hi ,
i just want to talk regarding my friend . he is in UK from 8 years student and then psw and again student . his visa is going to expire end of this year .he can't get any more student extension due to cap .
he went back to Pakistan to got married , he was saying will bring his wife on student visa in university . and apply convert his visa as dependent VISA .
and then he can complete his 10 years and can apply ILR .

can any one advise me on this is it possible or not ?
Last edited by romy4you on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: NEED INFORMATION

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 pm

If he leaves the country with valid leave and then re-enter within 6 months of his departure with valid leave then his continuous residence will not break for acquiring ILR on 10 years basis.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

romy4you

Post by romy4you » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:54 pm

yes but he already went back and got married and came back last week now he want to bring his wife in university on student visa when she comes here then he will apply dependent visa with in UK . and wait to complete his 10 years and apply ILR .
is this possible ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:02 am

romy4you wrote:yes but he already went back and got married and came back last week now he want to bring his wife in university on student visa when she comes here then he will apply dependent visa with in UK . and wait to complete his 10 years and apply ILR .
is this possible ?
Yes its possible
PBS migrant can switch their visas from inside uk after 1st october 2013
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided