ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vd_ilr

NCS Appointment

Post by vd_ilr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi,

Please can someone answer my query regarding NCS appointment?

I got my ILR on 21st March 2013. Can I book an appointment with NCS on 21st March 2014 and submit the application (exactly the same day after one year)? OR do I need to wait for 24th March 2014 (next working day)?

Thanks,
vd_ilr

trend
Newly Registered

Re: NCS Appointment

Post by trend » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Same day is ok for the NCS appt, the important date to note is that you were in the country exactly 5 years prior (3 if you are applying as a spouse) to the day that the HO receive your app

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 am

In addition to what trend said, also bear in mind that when NCS accepts the application, that's not the date HO receives it. NCS will send the application to HO via post. If your appointment is late on the day, it may miss the postal run and be sent out the next business day. So, if there is any issue with your presence in the UK at the start of the qualifying period, you may wish to discuss this with NCS or delay submitting the application.

Following that through, you could have an NCS appointment on 20 March. The earliest the HO would receive your application is 21 March.

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Thank you Guys. I will apply on 21st. I was in UK for the whole of March and April.