ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private oath ceremony, cancellable or postpone-able

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Private oath ceremony, cancellable or postpone-able

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Forum,

I am expecting my citizenship approval letter sometime next week. Now I would like to book a private oath ceremony, which is all good .

However, I have a situation where my wife may and may not be able to make some days next week, and due to the nature of the situation, we just cannot predict which days. The question I have is if I book a ceremory for lets say next Wednesday, and we then find out we cannot make it, is there an option to move it to a later date?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

ban.s

Re: Private oath ceremony, cancellable or postpone-able

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:36 pm

I would just speak to the council and ask how they would deal with such changes.

InUkOnHsmp

Re: Private oath ceremony, cancellable or postpone-able

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks Ban.s, I am trying to get in touch with the council. Was just wondering if any member had any prior experience of this.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!