ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regd:ILR Fee Change and How to pay the difference!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SriGan

Regd:ILR Fee Change and How to pay the difference!!!

Post by SriGan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi Immigrationboards Moderators & Members,

This is regarding the proposed Visa Fee Changes which will be effective from April 2014.
Assuming I am booking for 25thApril in March with current ILR fee set up, and if the visa fee changes in April,
how will I pay any excess amount for the appointment made already?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
SriGan

sb2009

Re: Regd:ILR Fee Change and How to pay the difference!!!

Post by sb2009 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:30 pm

I am assuming that the fee you need to pay depends on your appointment date, not the date you are booking the appointment.
so, even in March, you will pay the fee which is effective after April, as the appointment date you want is 25th April.

if you have to pay any extra amount, i think you will be asked to pay the difference when you get your payment verified when you check in your application. that is why you have the payment verification step before submitting the documents.

i will leave it for any members with such experience to confirm...

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 am

I will appreciate if some respected member share the experience for such a situation.

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:17 am

I have checked the online system and its still taking current fee for any appointments beyond 6 April 2014. I will appreciate if some senior member share their experience about this.

Regards

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:16 pm

The changes to the application fees is effective 5 April 2014. It will only affect those that apply after that date.

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

I called UKBA today on usual 087xxx number and they advised as long as one is able to secure appointment before new fee is applied, he will be paying the current fee, does not matter if appointment is booked for date after 6th April.

My personal advise is to take card with you as backup and keep looking for new form as they normally launch a new version following a change in fee.