ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 months before my visa expires

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monsoondior
Newly Registered

4 months before my visa expires

Post by monsoondior » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I am so desperate right now, please help me!

I will be eligible to apply for ILR come 24th August 2014. Meanwhile my Tier 1 post study work visa will expire on the 15th April. Now the problem is how to buy time before August. The only option open to me right now is to switch to Tier 4 by doing a MSc course, however I can't afford the full fees which is 10K so I'm thinking of using it until Aug. Now the problem is, the Uni wants me to pay 3K upfront and in three months pay another 3K. I honestly can't afford the second payment....as I will be eligible to apply for ILR by thattime. Do you think the Home office would allow me apply? Would the school keep hounding me for the remaining payment? Honestly I just want to use them to buy time.... any other option, like short courses I can do for three months that's cheaper or any other ideas pleaseeeeee!

Please advise....GOD bless!

Seneca

Re: 4 months before my visa expires

Post by Seneca » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 pm

If you can afford the first installment pay it. It will take you to the threshold and the then you can tell University due to unforeseen circumstances i can only pay monthly for the next 3 or 4 months until you financial situation improve. When your financial situation improves you will be able to pay the rest of the fees in one go. Meanwhile you should be able to get your ILR.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: 4 months before my visa expires

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:08 am

Universities usually are very rigid over the tuition fee payment matters. Therefore, even before paying the upfront fee the terms and conditions of payment should be settled to avoid any subsequent inconvenience.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS