ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Postal Application Confusion

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinpat1
Newly Registered

OCI Postal Application Confusion

Post by vinpat1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 am

Hi All

I am a British Citizen by birth and am looking to apply for OCI by post.

I have the following documents:
- Completed application form
- My British Passport - Copy
- My Dad's Surrendered Indian Passport - Copy
- My Dad's Surrender Certificate - Copy
- My Dad's OCI card and booklet - Copy
- My Birth Certificate - Copy

The HCI website says:
Please send all the original documents (except British/foreign passport) with one set of self attested photocopy of the documents with the application, if submitted by post. OCI/PIO applications sent by post must have self addressed duly stamped envelope for returning the original documents or OCI application, if not accepted.
So this means I need to submit the originals in the post along with copies and along with Self-addressed envelope

Then a section on the site also says:
Note : If application sent by post do not include a special delivery envelope and needs to be returned, they will be returned by ordinary post only. The High Commission will not be responsible for loss or delay of the application.
So this means, do not send originals, only copies and no Self-addressed envelope

I am confused as to which is correct. If anyone has recently done their OCI and has a similar background to me, please can you clarify this?

Also, please can you tell me how much the Post Order cost in total?

Thanks

krrishone
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Postal Application Confusion

Post by krrishone » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Send all original documents except your British passport. Self attest all photocopies. I am unsure if you need to send your father's original documents. Remember to include self addressed pre paid envelope for return of original documents.