ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost EEA residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jumpingzombie

Lost EEA residence card

Post by jumpingzombie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 am

Hello everyone.

I am a no-visa national living in the UK with 5years residence card.

I'm currently in Russia with my EEA husband waiting for a flight back to the UK, and have realised I've lost my resident card :cry:
Since my husband is with me now, it shouldn't be a problem this time, but what procedure do I need to take to have my residence card reissued? Does it take for 6 months again?

Besides, I've booked another holiday in April, and Im going to travel by myself. Can I travel and get back to the UK without the resident card nor my husband, as long as I carry the marriage certificate??

Any advices appreciated.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Lost EEA residence card

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 am

Resident card issued in A4 paper ?

Employees of airlines and passport checking firms are less likely to be aware of your legal rights and may resist letting somebody without a visa on board because they fear fines from the government of your destination for letting somebody on board without the proper travel clearance.

they will issue you 6 months VISA CODE 1a on arrival. But how you will board a flight from Russia ? If you been to anther EU country with your husband then there is no problem. I believe you need EEA family permit from Russia again

When you are in the UK you need to send new EEA2 application

everything you want to know is here:

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 pm

jumpingzombie wrote:I am a no-visa national living in the UK with 5years residence card.
askmeplz82 wrote:Employees of airlines and passport checking firms are less likely to be aware of your legal rights and may resist letting somebody without a visa on board because they fear fines from the government of your destination for letting somebody on board without the proper travel clearance.
askmeplz82 wrote: But how you will board a flight from Russia ? I believe you need EEA family permit from Russia again
Askmeplz82; Why would the airlines not allow jumpingzombie board? She mention she is a no visa national so that means there is no need for a visa to enter UK. Also on what grounds do you advise that she need an EEA FP being a no visa national?

Many thanks,
Eldane
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:50 pm

I think she updated her post. I don't think she mentioned before that she is NO VISA national or may be my idiot-phone is playing with me again so i didn't see everything what she wrote

OK then ignore my post about EEA family permit

but she need to apply EEA2 again when she is back in UK if she lost it
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanx for reply!

By the way, I may have a copy of my resident card at home, but can't I use it as any proves?
Well, less likely....
My resident card was issued in July 2010 and is going to be expired in 2015.
I am eligible to apply for the permanent one this December, because I will have complete to live in the UK with my EEA husband for 5 years.
Even if I apply for EEA2 again or not, I have rights to live and work in the UK as long as I am with my husband, don't I?

I have booked another holiday this April and I don't think I will get my passport back if I apply for EEA2 now.
I remember some people(no-visa nationals) in this forum tried to travel without the resident card, and eventually made it, even if it took for sometime battling to UKBA officers.

I am going to take a flight to London in a couple of hours time, and will I get Code 1A stamp or something?
What is that? Sorry, I'd never imagined to be in troubles like this... :(

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:I am going to take a flight to London in a couple of hours time, and will I get Code 1A stamp or something?
What is that?
The Code 1A stamp is valid for entry into the UK to show that you have been granted permission to ENTER as the spouse of an EU citizen. However, both an EEA FP and the Code 1A stamp are only valid for 6 months.
askmeplz82 wrote:Even if I apply for EEA2 again or not, I have rights to live and work in the UK as long as I am with my husband, don't I?
Yes.

Best regards,
El dane
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:04 am

Ok, I'm in London now.

I had no problem to get on the flight from Moscow to London.
I and my husband were in a queue for the EEA passports,and l reported to; an immigration officer that I had lost my resident card as a family member of an EEA citizen.

The officer retained our passports, giving me a piece of paper, describing he/any other officers would ask me further question etc. We were sitting down and waiting about 10min, then the officer was back to his window and calling us again.
He returned our passports to us, saying all my data was in the system,so contact UKBA about re issue my resident card. what he asked me were only ; the flight number and where it departed at. No stamp is on my passport, but a stamp is on the piece of paper that I got at first. It doesn't seem as code 1A.

Anyway,I'll contact UKBA tomorrow.
By the way, if UKBA officers can retrieve my data as I'm a family member of an EEA citizen, can I carry and show a copy of my resident card next time??

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:38 pm

I do not think that a photocopy of a RC will be accepted if you wish to travel alone in April.

If you haven't already, perhaps include a cover letter with your re-application mentioning your booked trip and discretion from the UKBA in speedily issuing you another RC in time. Important: Did you report the loss to the police in Moscow?

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Thank you for your reply, plum70!

I'm still not sure if I am re-applying for the RC, because it would be difficult to get my passport back by my travel in April, although I have started to arrange to obtain the marriage certificate for that. It takes sometime, because I need to get the registration certificate in my country at first, and then I can proceed to receive the marriage certificate in the embassy of my country in London.

I didn't report about the loss of my UK resident card in Russia, because I realized it in a morning of the day I took a return flight to London :?(18/02) I stayed in Moscow and Sochi, so I e-mailed some places that I could possibly left my resident card, but haven't heard anything(only emailing, due to the language barrier).
Since my resident card is a free standing document that looks even like just a copy(quite worn out!), so it might be thought as just rubbish and thrown away by somebody :cry:

So, Only I have reported about the loss of my resident card is to a boarder officer who handled me(and my husband) at Gatwick airport. Are there any differences if I'd reported to the police in Russia?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 am

jumpingzombie wrote:I'm still not sure if I am re-applying for the RC, because it would be difficult to get my passport back by my travel in April, although I have started to arrange to obtain the marriage certificate for that. It takes sometime, because I need to get the registration certificate in my country at first, and then I can proceed to receive the marriage certificate in the embassy of my country in London.
Not sure why you need another marriage certificate to reapply...can you not access the one originally used to secure your RC in the first place?
Are there any differences if I'd reported to the police in Russia?
It could be that they may have been able to keep a log on their system which could flag up any illegal/criminal activities linked to your RC/ID. Conversely, should a good soul recover your RC and hand it in to the police they would have had your contact details to either alert you or return it to you in the UK.

From the UKBA's perspective, they may ask for a formal statement of loss by way of a police report, if/when you choose to reapply.