ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa sponsor for parents !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinee79
Newly Registered

Visitor visa sponsor for parents !

Post by vinee79 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Guys,

Need some urgent help !

I would like to invite my parents on visitor visa , they have been here 3 times before in last 2.5 years on Visitor Visa so I am aware of the process but this time problem is my passport is expiring on 15th March 2014 and my Tier 1 (General) expires on 22nd June 2014.

I have already sent my passport for renewal which will take 4-5 weeks and will get my Visa renewed after that but I can't wait that long to invite my parents due to family reasons .

Do you think my passport and Visa expiry dates will create problem for my parents Visitor Visa sponsership ?

Thanks in advance for response !

vinee79
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa sponsor for parents !

Post by vinee79 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Guys,

Any comments please ??

drmastoi

Post by drmastoi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:59 pm

I dont think there should be any problem.
Passport is renewable and so is your Visa .

vinee79
Newly Registered

Post by vinee79 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks very much for response !

argyle_estate
Newly Registered

Post by argyle_estate » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:23 pm

I am trying to fill the online visitor visa application form for my parents.

in the family details section - the form asks for applicant's father and mother's date of birth. both my mother and father don't know the dates of their parents.

these fields are mandatory and only a date can be entered. Q: how shall i complete the form when the date is not known?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:09 am

They've got to know approximately surely?

If not - pick a date nearby and explain in the 'additional notes' section that the accurate DOB isn't known.

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 am

If the DOB is unknown then they can fill 01 JAN 1900.

I did this while filling up my parents applications and its mentioned in the guidelines as well.

Hope this helps.
Poonam

argyle_estate
Newly Registered

Post by argyle_estate » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 pm

thanks. I will go with the dummy date of 1/Jan/1900

@Poonam - could you post the link to the guideline that mentions about this? I think I have missed it.

yarlagaddaphani
Newly Registered

Post by yarlagaddaphani » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi vinee79,

I hope you are well. I am in a similar situation like you. My Tier 1 visa expires by end of January 2015 and would like to invite my in-laws to the UK. Do you know if they will be granted the visa for 6months or will it be rejected? We are very anxious about this and would greatly appreciate your reply. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Gopal.

pinklily
Newly Registered

Post by pinklily » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:08 am

Hi,
I want to apply for my parents UK visitor visa. I am expecting and my delivery date is in February 2015. So my parents wants to be with me during my delivery and post delivery for sometime. My mother is housewife and my father is working so he supports my mom.
I am applying visa for both my mother and father together. In the income section of form for my mother what should I provide since my father supports my mother.
I have read on other forums that if I am unable to provide proper ties of my mother with home country India then British Consulate might think that my mother will not return back and in such cases they reject visa. Please help me and let me know what is the correct or appropriate way of handling this situation.

I really want my parents visa to be approved.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

arbitmfp
Newly Registered

Post by arbitmfp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi,
If mother is dependant, the income should be shown as NIL. I am also applying there is another conufusing question which says "The total amount of money you have for this trip" ?
What should be filled in this field for the dependant if the VISA is being applied together