ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inviting mother in law and brother in law on child birth

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sweeti

inviting mother in law and brother in law on child birth

Post by sweeti » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 am

Hi i am on tier 1 hsmp visa .i want to invite my mother in law and brother in law age 14 on the birth of our second child due in May 2014..I work as self employed as a limited company.i m mainting above 10k in my personal account for lasr 6 months..i will sponsor their whole trip..can anyone plz help me suggest what documents should i send from here and what list of documents should my mother in law have to attach.also can anyone send me format of invitation letter..thankuu

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Re: inviting mother in law and brother in law on child birth

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 am

You should attach:

Yours and your wife's passport copies with visa's.(Wife's passport should have mother's name)
Some kind of NHS document to show your wife is expecting a baby.
Your Bank statement showing funds.
Utility Bills
Mortgage if any else Rent agreement that shows u have proper living arrangement here and enough rooms to accommodate your relatives.
Proof of your business (Tax returns/Registration number)

Your MIL should attach below documents:

Bank statement and any property documents if she has.
A letter from her(MIL's) spouse should help.(If applicable)
She can also show a letter from your BIL's school giving him permission to travel to the UK on a holiday.
Any other dependent children who are not traveling should be mentioned, so the visa officer knows she has children to come back to.
If she is working then a letter from her employer etc.

I don't think you need to send an invitation letter to your mother in law. You should just enclose a letter addressed to British High Commission stating that you would like to invite your MIL and BIL to visit you all in London. You can mention things like your wife hasn't met her mother for so long and how it will give your wife added strength to have her Mother around when she gives birth.
Also mention that you will take care of all their travel and living expenses while they are in the UK.

Basically all that the embassy needs to know is that your MIL & BIL have enough ties to return back and they will have enough money to survive while they are here in the UK.

While its good that you are showing money in your account and saying u will support them, your MIL should show something for them to be convinced that she will be Okay in case anything goes wrong and has enough ties to return back to her home country.
Poonam

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: inviting mother in law and brother in law on child birth

Post by MPH80 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:36 pm

One thing to be very careful of - make sure you are not specifically inviting the MIL for childcare (specifically so the wife can return to work)

UKBA has taken a dim view of this in the past. They regard it as her taking employment that would have otherwise been done by a childminder or nanny.

So while technically it's about allowing the wife to return to work, the mere whiff of this can be enough to spook UKBA.